No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the wristbands seem to be a generally popular idea. It's something that people will buy / wear even if they're not going to go to a con, and especially if it's for charity.
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
      This thread was started to say why the poster respected Amanda and Sam. The "Sam's a great character" thread is, AFAIK an appreciation thread for both Sam and Amanda (do correct me, someone, if i'm wrong), so this thread would fit in it fine if this is to be a straightforward appreciation thread. If it's a discussion thread, then it should stay seperate, but dissenting views (as long as they don't get disrespectful to actors) would be allowed.
      I personally thought that it would merge well and was really part of the same thread as Samanda, but I was shouted down because apparently Samanda is more Sam orientated, and this is AT.

You're the boss, though. And I agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        are you done disrespecting this thread? the essence of this thread was to celebrate and respect amanda tapping, not go into other diatribe of why you hate sam/jack ship.

sally
        In fariness, Brihanna was replying to someone elses' question about her opinions on Sam, sally.

And you can count me in as another one who has nothing but the upmost respect for Amanda and her acting, attitude and outlook on life.

I don't always like things Sam does, but that has nothing to do with Amanda; she acts what scripts she is given and always gives 100% to the show and her fellow actors.

FF
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          are you done disrespecting this thread? the essence of this thread was to celebrate and respect amanda tapping, not go into other diatribe of why you hate sam/jack ship.

sally
          Sally, I think the point was that this person prefers the strong professional Sam, I don't think disrespect was intended.

It wasn't necessarily that they don't like S/J ship, but there was a phase when it was boyf after boyf and a few Tok'ra memories and dad problems thrown in for good measure. As much as I like finding out about Sam's private life, it would be nice to see more of her friendships and normal stuff, rather than just the negatives she goes through.

Really, it's just what Frostfox says... she can't do anything but what she's given, and she works with that and gives 100%

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
            I could picture Sam going through her credit card bills and broken electronics trying to determine how he made the miniature gate. She is the gate expert and the ever inquisitive mind. There have been times when a second gate would have been beneficial. Maybe it’s just me and my silly mood today. Has anyone else wondered about this?
            It has occurred to me...
            http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=22763

My LJ

Comment

Glad it's not just us two.

Comment

Nicest women and scientist in the space
                end of WoO
                sigpic

Comment

Definitely, Dexterav. Thanks for that!

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                    Sam: Someone's been in my lab!
                    Daniel: Don't worry Sam, it was just Santa leaving you a present.

Comment

Actually, it looks like a jar of mints on the desk, jckfan. Have the S/W shippers been invading again?

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                        I added some length to her own hair.
                        Hello everyone.....well, back home again, but who knows for how long. Modern medicine......BULL!

I've missed you and our queen.....I'm not supposed to be upright for long, so I can't catch up fully.....sorry.

Forever, um, if you can add length to our queen's hair, think you could give me some too????? Please?

Well, better get off the pc before hubby returns......he's worse than nurse Ratchett.

BTW, I can't believe our queen will be at the March Vancouver Con.....I'm floating. That just might turn out to be the best medicine for me!!!!!
                        On fighting:
                        Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                        Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

I wish I could come and see the Queen in home territory. *sob*

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                            This thread was started to say why the poster respected Amanda and Sam. The "Sam's a great character" thread is, AFAIK an appreciation thread for both Sam and Amanda (do correct me, someone, if i'm wrong), so this thread would fit in it fine if this is to be a straightforward appreciation thread. If it's a discussion thread, then it should stay seperate, but dissenting views (as long as they don't get disrespectful to actors) would be allowed.
                            Perhaps those of you who want a spot to appreciate AT's acting would like to pop in on the Sam's a Great Character thread too. I don't see a problem having this separate thread to talk about AT's altruism etc (though we do talk about that too at SAGC. Just saying.

Comment

Yeah, us Samandans would love to see you!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                                Perhaps those of you who want a spot to appreciate AT's acting would like to pop in on the Sam's a Great Character thread too. I don't see a problem having this separate thread to talk about AT's altruism etc (though we do talk about that too at SAGC. Just saying.
                                Perhaps posters prefer this thread as some have mentioned that they are not too happy with the character Sam Carter, but still respect and admire Amanda.
                                Last edited by dipsofjazz; 17 December 2005, 12:46 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X