No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was bored last night and started working on a manip of Amanda. Thanks to a few helpful Samandans, I managed to fix a few issues with it so it's now presentable. I'm not sure what possessed me to do this, but it was entertaining none-the-less.

Guardian Angel

Kat

Edit: No Angel's were hurt inorder to obtain this image and I swear on my last chocolate candy bar that this is truly Amanda's real body...oh well most of it is. I admit there are parts that belong to someone else, but 90% of it's all Amanda with a few appendages added for good measure.
    Last edited by ForeverSg1; 16 December 2005, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      I was bored last night and started working on a manip of Amanda. Thanks to a few helpful Samandans, I managed to fix a few issues with it so it's now presentable. I'm not sure what possessed me to do this, but it was entertaining none-the-less.

Guardian Angel

Kat

Edit: No Angel's were hurt inorder to obtain this image and I swear on my last chocolate candy bar that this is truly Amanda's real body...oh well most of it is. I admit there are parts that belong to someone else, but 90% of it's all Amanda with a few appendages added for good measure.
      Nice job Kat! Is that AT's real hair or did you add the length?

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
        Nice job Kat! Is that AT's real hair or did you add the length?
        I added some length to her own hair.

Comment

ooo, nice Forever! The hair looks really good now

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
            I added some length to her own hair.
            I couldn't tell the difference. I have only seen her with long hair once, that's why I was asking. You did a good job.
            Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 17 December 2005, 04:21 AM.

Comment

Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

This thread was started to say why the poster respected Amanda and Sam. The "Sam's a great character" thread is, AFAIK an appreciation thread for both Sam and Amanda (do correct me, someone, if i'm wrong), so this thread would fit in it fine if this is to be a straightforward appreciation thread. If it's a discussion thread, then it should stay seperate, but dissenting views (as long as they don't get disrespectful to actors) would be allowed.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  my question, not to totally derail this with OTedness is....after MS left and given the mixed reaction to Jonas...why didn't tptb get the inkling that, if the show continued too much longer, that they could benefit from having some regular guest stars who weren't aliens, but were members of the SGC and could , potentially, step up to fill the shoes of the existing characters should they choose to leave/need time off.

Take atlantis for example. we have major lorne, who was a 'almost red shirt of the week' in enemy mine and a throw away character, who is now a semi-regular in at least the first half of s2.

well, let's play the theoretical and have joe flanigan decide to take 6 months off...any bets on whether or not Kavan smith could step upand at least fill in partially for joe's character?

it would certainly be an easier transition to upgrade a semi-regular to regular status than to create and make and introduce a new character out of nothing and expect everyone to just accept the 'new guy'
                  Oh yeah. It seems like they've mastered that art on Atlantis relatively well, even with their Kenny-like treatment of The Red Shirts...

I wonder if it's too late in the game for SG-1 to do the same? As much as I love this show and wish for it to surpass Dr. Who ( ), I just don't see the show being sustained if they had to essentially "replace" anymore of its core characters...

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                    This thread was started to say why the poster respected Amanda and Sam. The "Sam's a great character" thread is, AFAIK an appreciation thread for both Sam and Amanda (do correct me, someone, if i'm wrong), so this thread would fit in it fine if this is to be a straightforward appreciation thread. If it's a discussion thread, then it should stay seperate, but dissenting views (as long as they don't get disrespectful to actors) would be allowed.
                    AFAIK?

Comment

As far as I know. Sorry!

Madeleine

Comment

Comment

Was playing with some new brushes tonight, made this, figured I'd share. You can never have enough Amanda/Sam pics right

sigpic

Comment

I love that pic of Sam in Seth!! I turned it into a poster at one point, for my room. I like the highlight of the blue eyes. Good work.

I really adore the Guardian angel pic as well. It's really lovely.

As for characters, I'll watch until the currents cast leave (Mitchell and Vala are starting to grow on me), unless they properly develop and integrate some newbies.
                            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31

Great picture, SamFan31! from one of my favorite episodes.

Myrth and others---great idea on the wristbands. I would definitely get one whether I can go to a con or not, particularly if it is for a charity.

Comment

Originally posted by Nem2k
                                you hit the nail on the head there because yes she is a brilliant person just because of that attitude towards life, to want to live and love it. to laugh and smile and get on with things. its a highly admirable trait of hers and i love that about her

but not only that, and I guess this is the main reason why I love Amanda so much, is that yes, she has this great attitude towards life, but more importantly, she has given it to me as well.
                                nobody else has done that, to completely shift my outlook on life, to bring me up and out of my years of depression and pessimism. she has turned me into such an optimistic person who WANTS to make the most out of everything, to want to live my life as best as I can

thats something you cant find in many human beings, the ability to change somebodies life for the better. Amanda is amazing, she really is.

Thanks for sharing this, Nem2k. Your experience is very touching--I've read messages from other fans saying similar things. It's great to hear.

Comment

Working...
                                X