No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah - school is out for Christmas Break so I have the next two weeks off. I'm not playing many gigs this year because I've been fighting a really bad case of bronchitis the last few weeks so I turned down a number of holiday gigs this year.

On the wrist band and patches topic. I get promo material all the time for these kind of things and I have a friend that makes them. I can get orders of almost any size. Of course the more that are ordered the cheaper the cost. The wrist bands are a big deal in the fund raising market for schools these days because they are so trendy with students.
    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Okay I was just over on Creations Site checking for updates on the Vancouver Con in March and AT was added today.

Here are the tentative days of appearance of the guests announced so far:
      FRIDAY:
      GARY JONES
      JAMES BAMFORD

SATURDAY:
      MICHAEL SHANKS
      JOE FLANIGAN
      JR BOURNE

SUNDAY:
      AMANDA TAPPING
      BEAU BRIDGES
      CLIFF SIMON
      CHRISTOPHER JUDGE (only appearing at the Sunday breakfast)

I know some of you here don't like the creation cons - but I already have a ticket with a seat in the second row for this con. So today's annoucement but a real smile on my face. Looks like I will see AT twice next year - Vancouver and Shore-Leave
      My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

There's a huge smile on my face too, tsaxlady! AT was the person I was most hoping would agree to appear. How wonderful that she'll be at the brunch as well. I'm on cloud nine.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
          Nope. Not a joke at all...although I can safely say cars are not included in the potential inventory.

Neither are puddle jumpers or motorcycles.

What no puddle jumpers! I guess that means no stargates as well, I mean come on Orlin made a Stargate.

Speaking of Orlin and Stargates ...Here is something I thought about... if Orlin made a Stargate in Sam's basement using all the stuff he ordered on-line or found lying around her house. (This is Sam's house so who knows, a particle beam accelerator may have been in the basement). Why hasn’t the writers used this? I could picture Sam going through her credit card bills and broken electronics trying to determine how he made the miniature gate. She is the gate expert and the ever inquisitive mind. There have been times when a second gate would have been beneficial. Maybe it’s just me and my silly mood today. Has anyone else wondered about this?

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            Nope. Not a joke at all...although I can safely say cars are not included in the potential inventory.

Neither are puddle jumpers or motorcycles.

I meant turn my car into a Samandan car with bumper stickers etc. Never mind.

As for wondering about build your own gate. Yes, I would have thought Sam would have spent hours doing that too. Oh well.

For the shippers amongst you, I just want to try you out on this. A pre-shipmas treat (or perhaps punishment - it is my first fic, after all)

http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...ningcurve.html
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane

As for wondering about build your own gate. Yes, I would have thought Sam would have spent hours doing that too. Oh well.

For the shippers amongst you, I just want to try you out on this. A pre-shipmas treat (or perhaps punishment - it is my first fic, after all)

I thought you did good. I really liked the ending!

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
                Yeah. But that was yesterday, today I'm a little down to earth again... that should last for a few.
                Sorry, didn't mean to sound catty.

Comment

Originally posted by BC - 303
                  one thing i found quite amazing is that here crapy gun the "carter special" was porly made on the set, and there was a time where it spat bullets out of its side. and she just laughed about it. she could have been seriously hert and she was fine and friendly about it.
                  I'd have freaked out!
                  TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

is it possible to respect people ya don't know? she got pregnant after her s8 scenes no? then she missed only 5 eps for s9. it was good timing

Comment

Glad you enjoyed it Ann!

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane

I also loved it.

Comment

Ever back out one too many times. I just did and landed on my "front page" and saw something really sad. The actor that plays Leo on West Wing John Spencer has died. The article said he died of a heart attack at 58.

Sorry about the OT.

Comment

Squee! Thank you!

The only problem now is that following encouragement like this, there is likely to be follow up fic for shipmas!

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
                              Ever back out one too many times. I just did and landed on my "front page" and saw something really sad. The actor that plays Leo on West Wing John Spencer has died. The article said he died of a heart attack at 58.

Sorry about the OT.
                              Arrgh. My last post was obviously not squeeing at this post.

I never really watched the West Wing, but a heart attack at so young an age is a horrible way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                                What no puddle jumpers! I guess that means no stargates as well, I mean come on Orlin made a Stargate.

Speaking of Orlin and Stargates ...Here is something I thought about... if Orlin made a Stargate in Sam's basement using all the stuff he ordered on-line or found lying around her house. (This is Sam's house so who knows, a particle beam accelerator may have been in the basement). Why hasn’t the writers used this? I could picture Sam going through her credit card bills and broken electronics trying to determine how he made the miniature gate. She is the gate expert and the ever inquisitive mind. There have been times when a second gate would have been beneficial. Maybe it’s just me and my silly mood today. Has anyone else wondered about this?
                                Nice point, ann_sgcfan, but the short answer is that the writers overlooked it. One of many plot possibilities that just got sucked into the plot wormhole.

Just sayin', maybe
                                Spoiler:
                                since Orlin returned in S9, they'll resurrect this tidbit, yes?
                                . See, mood's not so silly!
                                MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                                sigpic
                                Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Working...
                                X