Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    hey! i'm gonna try to do both.
    I'm gonna try to do both, too. I'm really determined to see AT as many times as I can as well as different cities around the world and meet as many fans from Samanda as possible!
    In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
    so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
    Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
    Hic Comitas Regit
    Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
    Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Comment

once we can decide on the patch design, i can check with sue and who she got hers from

as to organizing the gatherings, i can probably help out with the shore leave one since i knwo someone in the area, but i know nothing about the uk so someone from there would be good (i'm thinking the gathering needs to initially be nothing more than ' meet you at x bar - probably in the hotel - and we can all meet and go from there')

nothing complicated, nothing OTT, just a simple meet up

as to selling it on sites, i do think we need to be careful. we don't want to make too big of a deal and run afoul of the IRS or any other 'official' organization

I think there are folks here who know both Kamil and the gabit organizers. can those folks please feel out both of these groups and see if they have an issue with what we're going to do?

I'm kinda leaning towards just keeping it small, the wrist bands and patches at first.

if other folks want to do other things, such as if - d'oh, blanking on the names - wants to get a shirt made of thier art work or such, then they can look into that locally and if they want to offer it to the list members. if they don't want to mess with it, cool.

Let's just deal with two 'official' samanda things this year but we certainly won't keep anyone from doing things on their own
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I think there are folks here who know both Kamil and the gabit organizers. can those folks please feel out both of these groups and see if they have an issue with what we're going to do?
          Will someone email me privately off list regarding charity wrist bands for AT2. Thank you.

Julia
          G4
          Gabit
          To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR
            Will someone email me privately off list regarding charity wrist bands for AT2. Thank you.

Julia
            G4
            Gabit
            Whoa, hang a sec. I thought we were doing charity Samanda wrist bands and *wearing* them to AT2, not doing charity wrist bands for AT2..?

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
              Whoa, hang a sec. I thought we were doing charity Samanda wrist bands and *wearing* them to AT2, not doing charity wrist bands for AT2..?

I understood from some of the posts that you wanted to sell Charity wrist bands to raise money for one of Amanda's charities, but if you are just wearing made up ones at an Event and have purchased them elsewhere, then you don't need to contact anyone as far as I am aware.

If you want them sold for Charity at an Event then you need to coordinate with the organisers to ensure that the Charity Amanda has chosen for the Event gets the proceeds. It is more complex.

If anyone wants any advice re this you can always email me. That's all I was suggesting.

Julia
              G4
              To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                the suggestion has been do to both. we'll have ours, but others have suggested that since we'll likely have to have several dozen/couple hundred made that we could sell them as well, with amanda's charity getting the proceeds.

the company sue used had a minimum order of 40 with, i'm presuming, the cost for each decreasing as more are made. Well, there's probably not quite homes for 40 on this list.

and the folks who can't go to the cons also might want some as well.

Myrth, since you're gonna look into the wristbands would you like to contact julia please? No need to get a third party involved if it doesn't need to be.

we can deal with the patch when we decide on a design and find a vendor.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hey Julia, sorry didn't mean to sound attack-y! I was just confooozed! I was thinkin' what, huh, charity wristbands for AT2? What did I miss?

I get it now. You know, thick skull and all, takes a while to permiate!!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                  ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                    Well see the great thing, with our own store that I've set up, we can have our own Samanda LINE of clothing/coffee cups/bumperstickers...etc.

Not sure if this is a joke or not. Not sure if I want it to be a joke or not. A Samandan car......
                    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

we could check with kamil or on amandatapping.com to see what charities she supports. have a small batch made, 1-200 at the most and sell them for a bit over cost to generate a small profit (we'll also have to consider postage, both national and international)

i would rather start small and sell out than have left overs
                      It's really good doing the charity wristbands. Wristbands here in the UK were very much a charity driven thing, but in France and Germany it was just a fashion statement.

Comment

One last thingie. I saw earlier something about "Head gear". Has anyone thought of making the "Obey Me" or a Mickey take "Obey AT" baseball type hat, like the one the crew bought her for directing?

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                          I'm thinking we're gonna need teams to organise ourselves with this. A steering group over-seeing the whole thing, then teams to take on the projects.

I'll organise the wrist bands if no-one has objections and I'm happy to liase with the other sites.

Perhaps we need a list of names in areas of interest?

Project Leadership

Web Site
                          Uber
                          Myrth

Wrist Bands
                          Myrth

Patches

T-Shirts
                          Mini your stuff would look awesome on t-shirts... sorry that's just a suggestion.

Fan Group Meetup Shore Leave

Fan Group Meetup AT2

Convention "Samanda" Merchandise Sales Co-Ordination

Amanda Fansite Liason - Merchandising
                          Myrth

Finance & Accounting (someone's gonna have to track the money)

I have access to very cheap (free) domain names and web hosting... so if you like I can create a website to serve as a central organisation point for this. Each team can keep track of their projects and the overall project could be managed from there.

If I'm stepping on toes here I apologize. Purchasing and project management are part of my job and I'm very willing to offer those skills to this project. This is more of a call of interest to see who wants to be involved to get the ball rolling.

I'm excited about it and I can't even go.. but I'll wear my Samandan gear proudly around my hometown and wait for Amanda to come back down here to visit

Wow I have been gone for most of the week and all kinds of things are going on. I'll be happy to help however I can. I will be gone most of this weekend, but I'll be here tonight maybe then I can read through all the posts then.

Ann

Comment

Hi Ann! Nice to see you! I hope whatever you're up to this weekend, you have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                              Not sure if this is a joke or not. Not sure if I want it to be a joke or not. A Samandan car......
                              Nope. Not a joke at all...although I can safely say cars are not included in the potential inventory.

Neither are puddle jumpers or motorcycles.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Yup, will do. Ideally it would probably be good to do both. The company I've used before allowed mixed orders, so there could be a special one for Samandans, then a general one to sell for charity.

I'll find out what needs to happen anyhoo.

the suggestion has been do to both. we'll have ours, but others have suggested that since we'll likely have to have several dozen/couple hundred made that we could sell them as well, with amanda's charity getting the proceeds.

the company sue used had a minimum order of 40 with, i'm presuming, the cost for each decreasing as more are made. Well, there's probably not quite homes for 40 on this list.

and the folks who can't go to the cons also might want some as well.

Myrth, since you're gonna look into the wristbands would you like to contact julia please? No need to get a third party involved if it doesn't need to be.

we can deal with the patch when we decide on a design and find a vendor.
                                Last edited by Myrth; 16 December 2005, 12:55 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X