No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I give up.,.I've tried searching ,. I wasn't around * even lurking* when this came about so...what is the meaning of ..Hic Comitas Regit ? I feel likde I should know since it looks to be latin, which was supposingly ingrained in my brain with my upbringing.

Thanks in advance

Comment

it means
      kindness reigns here
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
        I have a suggestion for the con and everyone I guess (I can't go to the cons *cry*).

I've done this in another fandom and it seems to work well. How bout we get orange rubber wristbands made and have Samanda & Hic Comitas Regit debossed on them. They can be sold through a website (I'm already doing that for another one) and the profits donated to Amanda's charity.

I'm happy to get involved in organising this one if people are interested.

Here's a pic of what I'm talkin about

Hope you don't mind me delurking quickly to give a sugestion.
        Sacme , at theSam/Jack ship family discussion thread created this shop http://www.cafepress.com/cp/about_me.aspx?s=shipcookies a while back and Samanda could have a similar one , the bands and badges and logos I've seen so far are great,( you are a very creative lot ) and in a shop like that people could choose to buy their favorite as there is no outlay as everything is done via computer.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          it means
          kindness reigns here
          So It Does and Thank You

Comment

Yeah I don't think he'd be real happy with me. His name is Charles Bush for the record.

In answer to the query on the wrist bands, you can have any colour combination you like... although I personally like the idea of a plain orange one, but nothing to say you couldn't have multiple versions.

The ony thing I will say is that doing wrist bands almost requires some kind of charity affiliation, which with Amanda's generous heart won't be hard to acheive.

I was thinking and you could almost put some kind of phrase on there (if we're doing a few different ones) "Tapping The Kindness Within" or something.

I'm actually going to price them from a local supplier here (I've been working with them lately for my work), so I can give you an idea of costing. I've been putting some thought into this today and I'll post some details to see what people think a bit later.

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
            OMG! Though that would DEFINITELY get us into hot water with copyrights, that would be SOOOO hilarious!

Someone get that photographer on the line...
            Last edited by Myrth; 15 December 2005, 06:17 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Oh my goodness, those wristbands would be awesome! I second the idea times infinity!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

we could check with kamil or on amandatapping.com to see what charities she supports. have a small batch made, 1-200 at the most and sell them for a bit over cost to generate a small profit (we'll also have to consider postage, both national and international)

i would rather start small and sell out than have left overs

sigpic

Comment

the wristbands that sue got made were $100 for 40, which was the smallest quantity she could get

thinking back, unless someone knows the gabit girls and they will let us sell them there, 100 may even be too many.

we don't want to go too far overboard with any of this, walk the fine line between having enough but not too much

sigpic

Comment

Same situation I ran into Sky when I did it with another fandom. We worked around those challenges. I think it could be a good idea to talk to Sandy etc & Kamil about having both sites on board and selling them. It would be great to sell them at conventions, but I have no connections in that arena, so that's best left to someone who has.

With amandatapping.com and theamandatappingclub.com and this thread selling, you'd be able to meet the minimum order of 250 from most suppliers.

the wristbands that sue got made were $100 for 40, which was the smallest quantity she could get

thinking back, unless someone knows the gabit girls and they will let us sell them there, 100 may even be too many.

we don't want to go too far overboard with any of this, walk the fine line between having enough but not too much
                    sigpic

Comment

we could check with kamil or on amandatapping.com to see what charities she supports. have a small batch made, 1-200 at the most and sell them for a bit over cost to generate a small profit (we'll also have to consider postage, both national and international)

i would rather start small and sell out than have left overs
                      If we're doing charity stuff, then I offer (any and all) of my sketches; however we want to use them. If it's charity, no problem there at all. Assuming anyone would ever want to wear/carry/own one of 'em!

mini

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

I love the wrist band and charity ideas. If there is anything I can help with, just send me a PM. I'd love to help.

Kat

Comment

I'm thinking we're gonna need teams to organise ourselves with this. A steering group over-seeing the whole thing, then teams to take on the projects.

I'll organise the wrist bands if no-one has objections and I'm happy to liase with the other sites.

Perhaps we need a list of names in areas of interest?

Project Leadership

Web Site
                          Uber
                          Myrth

Wrist Bands
                          Myrth

Patches

T-Shirts
                          Mini your stuff would look awesome on t-shirts... sorry that's just a suggestion.

Fan Group Meetup Shore Leave

Fan Group Meetup AT2

Convention "Samanda" Merchandise Sales Co-Ordination

Amanda Fansite Liason - Merchandising
                          Myrth

Finance & Accounting (someone's gonna have to track the money)

I have access to very cheap (free) domain names and web hosting... so if you like I can create a website to serve as a central organisation point for this. Each team can keep track of their projects and the overall project could be managed from there.

If I'm stepping on toes here I apologize. Purchasing and project management are part of my job and I'm very willing to offer those skills to this project. This is more of a call of interest to see who wants to be involved to get the ball rolling.

I'm excited about it and I can't even go.. but I'll wear my Samandan gear proudly around my hometown and wait for Amanda to come back down here to visit
                          Last edited by Myrth; 15 December 2005, 07:56 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Hey Myrth, that's very sweet. Unfortunately there's no way I'd have the time to take any kind of project leadership role with any of this - even tshirts. I work crazy insane hours. But I'd be happy to donate my work wherever it might work out. Uber's already got something up on one tshirt I saw and it looks really neat. The wristbands sound neat, too! And so do the patches.

mini

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Hi Mini, sorry I didn't mean to volunteer you for anything, I was really just suggesting your designs be looked at to go on t-shirts. They rock!!

My whole post is really just a suggestion, personally I think Uber should be on the project management team.. but then I don't want to volunteer people again

Ultimately there probably needs to be group input to establish these roles, but if we know who's interested and have the ideas collated we can vote on it and put it together.

Originally posted by minigeek
                              Hey Myrth, that's very sweet. Unfortunately there's no way I'd have the time to take any kind of project leadership role with any of this - even tshirts. I work crazy insane hours. But I'd be happy to donate my work wherever it might work out. Uber's already got something up on one tshirt I saw and it looks really neat. The wristbands sound neat, too! And so do the patches.

mini
                              sigpic

Comment

Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Working...
                                X