Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minigeek
    Ooookayy fine.

Hypothetically speaking, if I downloaded an irc client, what server and port would you imagine a hypothetical #samanda channel would be located on?
    Well, hypothetically, if there were to be much interest in one (ie, it'd be kinda wasted if we only had 2 or 3 people using it May as well just go MSN then), I should be able to set one up pretty easily

All hypothetically of course

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
      Well, hypothetically, if there were to be much interest in one (ie, it'd be kinda wasted if we only had 2 or 3 people using it
      Well aren't we Mr. Practicality. "Lets not 'waste' the IRC channel...". *snork* What are ya, a computer programmer or an Engineer or something?

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

IRC channel!?!?!?

I would most definatley be in!

Unless of course all you Samandan's out there went out and finally got MSN!!!

I'm basically in for ANY way we could all get together for live chatting!
        The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
        |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Oh! Oh! 600 posts! Yay me!!

I want a bean. Somebody gimme a bean!!!

(Ok, I'll stop being such a demanda now *g*)

bean?

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Well aren't we Mr. Practicality. "Lets not 'waste' the IRC channel...". *snork* What are ya, a computer programmer or an Engineer or something?
            bah fine

Server is Gamesurge (irc.gamesurge.net), channel is #samanda

If you already have a client installed, the following link should work
            irc://irc.gamesurge.net/samanda

edit: and wait a few minutes, and i'll put up a guide for anyone who's not quite sure what's going on

Comment

Ooookayy fine.

Hypothetically speaking, if I downloaded an irc client, what server and port would you imagine a hypothetical #samanda channel would be located on?
              *runs hand over forhead* (i.e. I'm slow and have no idea what all that means)
              Originally posted by Agent_Dark

edit: and wait a few minutes, and i'll put up a guide for anyone who's not quite sure what's going on
              Like me ha ha! Well if this is about chatting, which I'm thinking it might be, I wouldn't have time anyway Oh well.
              Last edited by Gatergeek257; 14 December 2005, 08:20 PM.
              Felger: At least my heroes exist. If this was a Trek convention you'd be all dressed up like a Klingon.
              Coombs: Vulcan, Felger, Vulcan.

Comment

Step 1: www.mirc.com/get.html. Download the 6.16 client from the mirror closest to you (it doesn't really matter which mirror anyway). Install it.

Step 2: Open the program. Click 'Tools' up the top, then 'Options'. Fill in the fields asking for name, email, username etc (name and email don't actually have to be real. Make them up if you want ). For the nickname, try and use your GW nick so we can tell who is who . Remember, no spaces (use a _ instead) and try and keep it to just letters or numbers only. Once those fields are done, press ok to go back to the main screen.

Step 3: In the message bar down the bottom, type (without the quotes) '/server -m irc.gamesurge.net' This will connect you to a GameSurge IRC server. After all the text has finished scrolling (and you should see a 'End Message of the Day' line) you will be connected to the server.

Step 4: In the message box type (without the quotes) '/j #samanda'. This will join the channel #samanda. On the right you should see the list of all users in the channel. Simply type into the message box to chat

Any problems, PM me

Edit: While this is getting set up, it might be a bit quiet in the IRC channel. If you join and no-one is around, or no-one is answering, just idle the channel. mIRC will run quite happily in the background using very little resources. Sooner or later someone will come back and strike up a convo
                Last edited by Agent_Dark; 14 December 2005, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

For those savvy about Shore Leave, what's the likelihood of it selling out before the New Year? It IS taking place July 7th through 9th, right?

There's a greater and greater chance of me being able to go and I LOVE the t-shirt and patch idea, with either one being our main focus or even both! There are so many talented people on this thread, but maybe we should assign/elect a five-(wo)man t-shirt/apparel committee for Shore Leave and The GABIT Return. I love the uniformity concept and what it suggests about her fans!
                    Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 14 December 2005, 10:36 PM.

Comment

w00t! IRC channel... good job AD!!

Perhaps an overview of time differences would be good too, just so people have an idea of when some good samanda chattin would be goin on.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                        w00t! IRC channel... good job AD!!

Perhaps an overview of time differences would be good too, just so people have an idea of when some good samanda chattin would be goin on.

Good idea...
                        I'm currently in GMT+10 (well +11 actually, with daylight savings). That's London time +11 hours. It's currently 10:20pm here (check that against the timestamp on this post to compare the difference between your timezone and mine).
                        Perhaps an idea would be to set a time on a certain day that favours all to get together? It's just with wide range of timezone's, it'll get pretty quiet at some times

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                          For those savvy about Shore Leave, what's the likelihood of it selling out before the New Year? It IS taking place July 7th through 9th, right?

There's a greater and greater chance of me being able to go and I LOVE the t-shirt and patch idea, with either one being our main focus or even both! There are so many talented people on this thread, but maybe we should assign/elect a five-(wo)man t-shirt/apparel committee for Shore Leave and The GABIT Return. I love the uniformity concept and what it suggests about her fans!
                          Exactly, it shows that we can work together despite living in all four corners.

I like the scripty thing, but it was all a bit spaced out, not good for a patch idea, really.

AD, or Sky, can't remember who, well done on the shop idea. I do think direct printing looks more professional than patches. Unless people are sewing onto jackets.

I'm quite tempted to buy a lululemon jumper like from GUP, and wear that, but would rather wear a Samandan T-Shirt, I think.

As for MSN. I'm there! Woohoo! Get in touch!
                          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

i dont' do IRC, but i'm on yim most nights. if someone wants my name, just PM me and i'll let you know

i don't post it publically because, well then i'll get hit up with having to be a mod while i'm playing, and thats' just no fun at all
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Thought I'd post an Amanda Tapping wallpaper She's always running around tomboy style, yet pink fits her so nicely. So I wanted to make something "girly" for once Enjoy! It's 1024x768, but I use it on my 1280x1024 monitor just fine!

Pictures: SG1-Atlantis.com.
                              Textures: Denrito.
                              Brushes: 1greeneye.
                              Fonts: Georgia and Staccato222 BT.

Other Stargate wallpapers created by me can be found at Elsewhere. The site is under construction, but should be finished soon

Comment

i don't know if this will attach or not. it still needs a circular border which i'm a bit shaky on, but this is what i was thinking of

imagine this on a round patch with silver stitching around the edges

course, it also looks a bit rough because i had to shrink the file size a LOT to get it to upload, that's why the A looks so bad
                                Attached Files
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X