Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    ok, i don't have time to fire up photoshop, but picture this

black t-shirt, blue point of origin - a nice royal blue - with samanda in a nice clear orange script across it with teh whole logo on the left breast area (like where the polo pony embroidery goes)

tasteful, discreet but still distinctive
    That's almost exactly what I imagined. But the point of origin is part of the word Samanda. Did you catch my earlier post? With the way it said Royal Court of Samanda?
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

ok, i don't have time to fire up photoshop, but picture this

black t-shirt, blue point of origin - a nice royal blue - with samanda in a nice clear orange script across it with teh whole logo on the left breast area (like where the polo pony embroidery goes)

tasteful, discreet but still distinctive
      I do like that colour combo much better.

About the registration for Shore Leave. So you put your RL name on the Badge or would you use SG-1Poz or just POZ?
      Oh and does anyone know what Time Forward is?

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        She sure did...the beautiful Olivia B...

As for Amanda...well, for those of you who know me, you know I think she's just the greatest thing since sliced bread. I even made a music video highlighting stuff from her career. The more I've learned about her the more I realize she is the genuine article...gracious, loving, lovely and insanely funny.

Actually I'm working on a website now focused on Amanda and would like to take this opportunity to ask anyone who would like to share their Amanda experiences to please email me at [email protected]. I'm still working on the website so even though it's delayed it'll be done eventually.

This may sound weird, because I'm a guy and Amanda is a girl lol, but its things like this, the adoration of the fans (and I mean that in the best way, I think its AWESOME when people think you rock, love the character (or characters you play), and the person you are and become big fans - that make me want to take that step into acting.

I've always felt (in the last few years) that I would honestly make a great Goa'uld System Lord (as an actor). Unfortunately, I had no way to contact MGM and say "Hey, look at some pics of me, I think I'd be a great character" LOL

Anyway, definetely considering acting in my future... sorry, that was a tangent, back to the Tapping lovin' *grin*

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
          That's almost exactly what I imagined. But the point of origin is part of the word Samanda. Did you catch my earlier post? With the way it said Royal Court of Samanda?
          i saw that. maybe tomorrow i'll dink around with photoshop and see what i can come up with. we can still have the /\ in Samanda, but i kinda like the script image.

i'll play tomorrow...and i invite all the other photoshop folks to play too.

if we're going to try and have a united image, we all need to have a say in things. we cn even come up with a couple different ideas and vote for them
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
            I do like that colour combo much better.

About the registration for Shore Leave. So you put your RL name on the Badge or would you use SG-1Poz or just POZ?
            Oh and does anyone know what Time Forward is?
            i just put Denise onmy badge. not that i necessarily hide my last name, but i don't advertise it either.

and i hae no idea what Ten Forward is. i'm guessing some sort of party/banquet/cocktail thing. a mixer of sorts

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
              Just trying to help out....is this what you mean

And AT is modeling it for you lol

I'm sure Sky can do it much better than me.

Cheers,

Jan
              sigpic

Comment

very cool Jan

that's one idea. i'm kinda imagining something else, like the /\ bigger and the Samanda over top of it

we'll keep tweaking iwth it but your idea is a good one. something simple yet identifiable...and i'm also partial to black T's

sigpic

Comment

I was thinking halfway between the two (as always)

Comment

very cool Jan

that's one idea. i'm kinda imagining something else, like the /\ bigger and the Samanda over top of it

we'll keep tweaking iwth it but your idea is a good one. something simple yet identifiable...and i'm also partial to black T's
                    I'll give it a try....still learning how to use photochop...I mean photoshop. lol

Jan
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm a black tee girl too. It's flattering, it goes with everything and you can still wear it with an SG uniformish type combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                        Despite having some fun yesterday with AT's
                        Spoiler:
                        bathing suit pics, I confess I am a bit disturbed by the continuing regression of storylines towards witty banter and sexual innuendo without a lot of substance otherwise. I mean, I liked the Daniel/Vala banter to an extent, and I will probably enjoy Rodney/Sam banter, as well, but, really, is this the direction we're going from now on? The only way TPTB know how to use their brilliant actresses? Get 'em into revealing outfits at every available opportunity? How long will it be before they start stripping Weir down? Sure, I liked Xena, too, but I always thought Stargate had a bit more class.
                        Just had to get that out of the way.

Well, I see your point here. I'm a bit concerned about this, particularly in regard to Vala. Prometheus Unbound and the first 4 episodes of this season 9 did not look much like Stargate SG-1 to me at all---and this is partly the reason. PU and The Ties the Bind were particularly jarring for me. I think they will have to make Vala more complex for Season 10, and hopefully tone down the banter, etc. She seems to already be moving in that direction.

In regard to Sam though, just going on the spoiler pics for the second half, Sam looks like she will be characterized well and not in this way of revealing outfits. She seems like she will be protrayed as the kickbutt soldier, brilliant scientist, concerned friend, and protector of her team that she is. So even though we see some of what you are saying in GUP apparently, it seems like a one shot deal for Sam (that's why I'm probably going to be okay with it when I see this episode). And when Sam does crossover occasionally to Atlantis next year, she'll crossover as Lt. Col Carter, not Mckay's fantasy. Which actually to me should be interesting.

I do think SG-1 has moved in this direction you speak of, and that is too bad, but I want to see what the second half brings us. oh, I guess there is that pic of them all in leather, but hey I think that looks pretty good.
                        Last edited by chocdoc; 14 December 2005, 05:35 PM.

Comment

i'm such a klutz/slob that white anything doesn't stay white long. black is so much more forgiviing

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
                            Two miscarriages? Wow... I don't really spend time reading about their real lives in detail (I should lol) so I didn't know that. But she DID have a kid eventually, right?
                            I don't spend that much time. It was something I happened accross.

Should this thread perhaps be merged archived with the Samanda thread?

Comment

I am really impressed that the GABIT team is already working on the next Amanda Tapping convention for next year! Wow!! And I've heard nothing but good things about the convention this last October. I really thought they wouldn't be able to get it together, if at all, until 2007, given all the work that I imagine is involved in planning this event!

My family and I are hoping to go -- I just don't know if we'll be able to, but we are going to try to work it out. We had thought about Shore Leave because it is closer and it is much less expensive! But then this AT2 got announced, sooooo.... Anyway, we are definitely considering it, given how wonderful the first one sounded!

Love the black t-shirts ideas so far!

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam
                                Just trying to help out....is this what you mean

And AT is modeling it for you lol

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/1...ndalogo4zk.jpg

I'm sure Sky can do it much better than me.

Cheers,

Jan
                                I think that looks great I like the style and colors. I think all the ideas are good. Oh, what about the "royal court of" part? Or do we not have to include that?

I am so not creative
                                Felger: At least my heroes exist. If this was a Trek convention you'd be all dressed up like a Klingon.
                                Coombs: Vulcan, Felger, Vulcan.

Comment

Working...
                                X