Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    maybe we can coordinate colors of shirts or something? we can all wear orange since that's amanda's favorite color
    I have lots of orange clothing. Orange and black are the colors of the university to which I am enslaved. (Of course, while I may bleed orange at times, I don't have a metalic orange car like my next-door neighbor. Some things, I think, just weren't meant to be that color. )

My LJ

Comment

I would feel much more comfortable with black with orange writing as a SAmandan shirt. If you didn't want a Samandan shirt, Black or orange is fine. I just think that just seas of orange, although very noticeable, isn't everyone's most flattering colour, and it's be nice to still wear something vaguely stargate costumey. Hence my previous suggestion.
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
        Tracy Jane, I'm adding you to the list for GABIT2

Shore Leave

Skydiver
        minigeek
        tsaxlady
        dancer of spaz
        Strix Varia
        Dani 76
        Lys

GABIT2

Skydiver
        minigeek
        Dani 76
        Tracy Jane

Who else ?
        You can add me to the list for Gabit 2. I loved Gabit so much this year that there is no way I'd miss the return.
        sigpic

Comment

I'm interested in both btw...I sure hope my schedule pans out!

Totally OT...I wanted to share this with you all as I found it to be quite amusing. MajorSam joked that this house was on crack

This guy decked his house out with 26,000 lights and timed the blinking of the lights to 1/10th of a second! The music btw is called Wizards of Winter from the Trans-Siberian Orchestra.

Enjoy!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/zygyo7

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
            Aiy for Shore Leave (20 minutes from home)
            You're soooooo lucky! 20 mins! They NEVER have anything down here in Soton.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
              I've always had a lot of respect for Amanda and found her humourous and friendly, a true entertainer, but a lovely human being.

However, my respect and love multiplied last year, when she told the fans what she'd been through, that she'd had two miscarriages, my heart bled for her. And when I went through my miscarriage, I came to realise what a horrible, painful, draining and truly, truly heart wrenching experience it is.

The fact that she's not only dealt with this (twice), but told her fans what she's been through, that she's willing to share so much of her personal life, it's touching. You can't help but love her.
              Two miscarriages? Wow... I don't really spend time reading about their real lives in detail (I should lol) so I didn't know that. But she DID have a kid eventually, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
                Two miscarriages? Wow... I don't really spend time reading about their real lives in detail (I should lol) so I didn't know that. But she DID have a kid eventually, right?
                She sure did...the beautiful Olivia B...

As for Amanda...well, for those of you who know me, you know I think she's just the greatest thing since sliced bread. I even made a music video highlighting stuff from her career. The more I've learned about her the more I realize she is the genuine article...gracious, loving, lovely and insanely funny.

Actually I'm working on a website now focused on Amanda and would like to take this opportunity to ask anyone who would like to share their Amanda experiences to please email me at [email protected]. I'm still working on the website so even though it's delayed it'll be done eventually.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                  Tracy Jane, I'm adding you to the list for GABIT2

Shore Leave

Skydiver
                  minigeek
                  tsaxlady
                  dancer of spaz
                  Strix Varia
                  Dani 76
                  Lys

GABIT2

Skydiver
                  minigeek
                  Dani 76
                  Tracy Jane

Who else ?
                  Sg-1Poz = Shore Leave

Comment

I would feel much more comfortable with black with orange writing as a SAmandan shirt. If you didn't want a Samandan shirt, Black or orange is fine. I just think that just seas of orange, although very noticeable, isn't everyone's most flattering colour, and it's be nice to still wear something vaguely stargate costumey. Hence my previous suggestion.
                    Plus black and orange remind me of the Halloween colours. One or the other IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                      Actually I'm working on a website now focused on Amanda and would like to take this opportunity to ask anyone who would like to share their Amanda experiences to please email me at [email protected]. I'm still working on the website so even though it's delayed it'll be done eventually.
                      check your inbox
                      - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

Originally posted by Nem2k
                        check your inbox
                        Thank ya!

I hope others will do the same...

Comment

I still think that orange is too garish. I know it's Amanda's favourite colour, but my goodness is it unflattering. Not to her, she could wear a bin liner and make it look good. But for the rest of us.

As long as writing was subtle, the black would go nicely with combats etc. Or we could have sblue writing to match the stargate time logos.

Comment

Anyone thought of making a Samandan logo we could all print onto shirts? Something like
                            ROYAL COURT OF
                            SAMΛNDA
                            Looking great

Lots of good contributions here guys

*wishes he had more time for thread*
                            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                            love Torri

Comment

ok, i don't have time to fire up photoshop, but picture this

black t-shirt, blue point of origin - a nice royal blue - with samanda in a nice clear orange script across it with teh whole logo on the left breast area (like where the polo pony embroidery goes)

tasteful, discreet but still distinctive
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                ok, i don't have time to fire up photoshop, but picture this

black t-shirt, blue point of origin - a nice royal blue - with samanda in a nice clear orange script across it with teh whole logo on the left breast area (like where the polo pony embroidery goes)

tasteful, discreet but still distinctive

That sounds good.

Comment

Working...
                                X