Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Everyone, im back again.

I just watched Grace Under Pressure (i hate "GUP") and i really enjoyed it, ive really been missing the Sam/McKay dynamic. And it was great to finally see Amanda (...man was she hot....sorry...), Great Acting by both, and its good to see what McKay really thinks about Sam!

all in all - 8.5/10. - good stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      with two of next year's cons having been announced, and amanda attending them, let's start a little head count and see if we can organize a little samanda get togther at each of them

in july we have Shore Leave in Maryland, usa

in november we have AT2 in london ( i guess)

so, who is going to each one?

once we get a general idea then we can start organizing some meet ups at the con.

folks that are going can also use this list to see if they can find roomies and the like

Me?

i'm hoping to do both. I've sent my money in for shore leave although i do not have a confirmation yet. and i'll look into AT2 once things are announced

Well I have already ordered tickets for Shore-Leave. However I have been asked to do a concert tour of India and Sri Lanka next summer. Depends on timing, because if they conflict I will be doing the concert tour.

As much as I would love to going to the AT2 in London as a band director Nov is out of the question for me. This little thing called football makes leaving in Nov a no go.
      My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

I put in a list the names of those who want to go to Shore Leave and/or GABIT2. I think it will be easier this way to know who's going where.
          Feel free to add your name or delete it if I messed with the previous posts.

Shore Leave

Skydiver
          minigeek
          tsaxlady
          dancer of spaz
          Strix Varia
          Dani 76
          Lys

GABIT2

Skydiver
          minigeek
          Dani 76

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
              Hi All! *Waves*
              Finally finished my exams yesterday and today I had my last day at work for this year. Am leaving with Hubby for our Peru trip on Friday, so now I am busy getting ready for that. Which means that I will miss our big BD party , but I trust, you all will have a great time.

MajorSal, thank you so much for starting this thread
              , I really enjoy coming here and spending time with you all, and I've met the greatest people!

I am definitely going to the Shore Leave con in July and I would love to go to AT2, since I had already planned to go to the first one, which didn't work out. Just have to convince hubby that it's a good idea and not that expensive.
              So definitely Shore Leave, most likely AT2.

Anyways, HUGS for everybody, MERRY CHRISTMAS and A HAPPY NEW YEAR, and I *see* you all next year!

((((((Dani)))))
              Merry Christmas to you !
              And a Happy New Year !
              Enjoy your trip in Peru and have a good time.
              It's nice to know you're going to Shore Leave. I'm looking forward meeting you.
              See you soon.

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                LOL. Were you again waiting for me SamFan ?

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                  LOL. Were you again waiting for me SamFan ?
                  Youbetcha, you're my clock!

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                    Youbetcha, you're my clock!
                    Oy ! I'm spaz's Voice of Reason, now I'm your clock ! What's next ?

Comment

Enjoy your trip Dani

As for the AT cons, well I will def. be at Gabit2. Much as I would love to see Carmen and AT on stage together, the fact that I
                      a) have no passport
                      and
                      b) have nowhere near enough money to fund a trip to the States
                      means I'll have to give ShoreLeave a miss. Am sure you'll all report back on that one for us though
                      LizWhite.net

Comment

well, we can have 2 samanda gatherings on two continents

and wow amanda not to mention being able to put faces to names
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

She deserves every strand of respect we throw at her and then some.
                          Last edited by Kelt'ar; 14 December 2005, 05:36 AM.
                          1 Year 11mths without using the letter U on the thread: ask Morbo anything

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
                            Geez, too bad I have a paper to work on, because I could write a novel for this thread. There are so many reasons why I love and respect both Amanda and the character of Sam Carter. Though I've never gotten the opportunity to meet her, everything that I hear about Amanda has indicated that she is just a lovely, beautiful person in every way. She is kind, polite, funny, courteous, and everyone who meets her comes away feeling that they really have gotten to know HER, Amanda, and that is truly special. I hope that one day I get that privilege as well. And of course, the fact that she has brought Sam Carter to life, a character that has meant so much to me personally, is just wonderful. Carter was one of me biggest role models when I was little, and she still is -- not a perfect person by any means, but a strong, good, intelligent, real person that I can relate to and admire. Love both of these women to death, and I second this thread. Amanda deserves all of our respect and support, and I sincerely hope she knows how many fans that she has out there.

So nicely said, SnoggingPicard. I completely agree. A wonderful actress who plays a great character!! I'm hoping she knows how many fans she has out there too. I suspect she does!!

I respect as well that she came back to the show after having her baby and she is doing so well. She continues to do such a great job of bringing Sam Carter to the screen. I appreciate that.
                            Last edited by chocdoc; 14 December 2005, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                              Well...I've gone and made a blog for my site...and the second post contains a link to a photo show with screen caps of GUP...

http://www.uberamandafan.com/blog/

Thanks for this!! I think I'm going to be one of those who likes GUP when I finally get to see it!!

Comment

I have nothing but respect for Amanda Tapping - not only as a woman, a person, and an actress, but also as a working mother. I think that all working mothers the world over deserve all the respect in the world for doing what they do. I've never seen her in person, but from all accounts, she is a sweet, friendly and genuine person, and that is both rare and refreshing from someone in her profession.

So of course, nothing but respect for Amanda Tapping.

Sam Carter, however, is a different matter.
                                ~bri~

Comment

Working...
                                X