No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, well, I'm sure there are nine ways to Sunday folks can go about dissecting character idiocyncracies.

My opinion of GUP as an episode notwithstanding, it sure was great to see AT on screen for nearly a full half ep again. She does those little nuances so well, most of the laughs I had were during moments where no one said a word. And the director took full advantage of that fact. Some of her 'react' instances were nothing more than a cut to AT making a really great face at something Rodney said or did.

And David Hewlett - the man's a brilliant actor. So purely on THAT basis, GUP is well worth a watch.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
      Ah, well, I'm sure there are nine ways to Sunday folks can go about dissecting character idiocyncracies.

My opinion of GUP as an episode notwithstanding, it sure was great to see AT on screen for nearly a full half ep again. She does those little nuances so well, most of the laughs I had were during moments where no one said a word. And the director took full advantage of that fact. Some of her 'react' instances were nothing more than a cut to AT making a really great face at something Rodney said or did.

And David Hewlett - the man's a brilliant actor. So purely on THAT basis, GUP is well worth a watch.

Thanks again for your info and views, minigeek. Much appreciated!

I'm looking forward to seeing DH and AT on screen together. that part does sound good!

Comment

Originally Posted by the dancer of spaz:
        EDIT: And upon further reading, I appreciate your insight that much more. I think I owe golfbooy 50 bucks or something
        I'm not proud. But I will take payment in the form of 10 well written, well planned SG-1 episodes in the second half of season nine, preferably where the character of Sam Carter is well used. Anyone wanna place a bet on how many of those I'll get?

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
          MajorSal--I know you are down about the show right now given the way Sam/Jack ship is being handled, and other things too, but thank you for starting this thread---it's led to alot of great things and brought alot of great and talented people together as a result of liking Sam Carter and Amanda Tapping. And it continues to do so.

you're welcome, choc.

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Hi, I would like to post a reminder to this Sunday's event....

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...alOpsTeam2.jpg

Please, please, please, please, please.... join us

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
            Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
            Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

So.... GUP (Grace Under Pressure) is on tonight in the great Canadian white north! For those with "The Movie Network" channel, that is. I for one am kinda looking forward to finding out just what kind of "Carter" our dear McKay dreams up!

LOL!!! love the pic of Sam and Jack, would'nt that make a great scene on the show if Sam looked as if she was going to show her garter and instead there for all their guests was "kick ass Sam" instead
                I agree also, can't wait for Sam's cross over into Atlantis, always did love love the banter between McKay and her
                ......TARA......

Comment

AD is the precise demographic I think this episode was aiming for, so it'll be interesting to see if they "hit" with him.

so is this one of those episodes where it's better if the volume is turned off?? I have no interest in Rodney, I just want to see Amanda and what's she's wearing

Comment

Comment

Think some of you may find an interesting announcement here in the News section

LizWhite.net

Comment

See now I'm just plain looking forward to seeing this. I'm a fool for Amanda and her facial gymnastics

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the heads up flippy.... [cries] why oh why is England so far away!?!!

Originally posted by flippy18
                          Think some of you may find an interesting announcement here in the News section

sigpic

Comment

AD is the precise demographic I think this episode was aiming for, so it'll be interesting to see if they "hit" with him.
                            Haha, am I really that shallow? Wait... Don't answer that!

But, it'll probably be tomorrow for me until I can watch it...

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                              See now I'm just plain looking forward to seeing this. I'm a fool for Amanda and her facial gymnastics
                              Myrth! The sig! It's way cool

Comment

Thanks AD

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                                Myrth! The sig! It's way cool
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X