Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    i'm thinking of sam, snowed in, watchign white christmas and singing along. then she'll put a frozen pizza in teh over and eat way too much of it, washed down with a nice strong rum and diet coke.

then she'll put in sound of music, one she can also sing along to, and eat a big bowl of cookies and cream ice cream before dinking arund on the net on her lappy for a while and eventually heading off to bed, reading her way through a nice smutty romance novel before falling asleep
    You owe me a keyboard, Sky!! I was laughing so hard that I nearly ruined mine! Here I was sitting at my PC, dinking around on the net, listening to White Christmas on my cd player, having had frozen pizza for lunch, and, yes, I'm drinking a nice strong rum and diet coke! (My holiday drink of choice!) How weird is that?!!

Oh, did I mention? We got snowed in today! Gosh, too bad Sam isn't my next-door neighbor!

Comment

Originally posted by ranchan2
      I just thought I'd drop by to say that I really love Sam. I go to another forum that has a Stargate section and the people there don't seem to like Sam. I always found it so frustrating. It's good to be here where everyone loves her and I don't have to read posts that annoy me.
      Welcome, ranchan ... you've found your homebase! Samanda's got quite a history - I'll let deepspace bring you up to snuff when she returns with some index pages.

In meantime, enjoy sharing your admiration for a great actress and great character of Sam!

Comment

Thanks for the welcome! I'll definitely try to frequent this thread as much as possible.
        http://www.bigcrumbs.com/crumbs/land...nchan2&s=59146
        Shop through Big Crumbs for your online purchases to receive a little bit of your money back.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
          Yes, that movie is romantic *and* funny. Sam has a good sense of humor. (though I wonder if that particular film might be a bit tainted since she viewed it with )
          I think after one day stuck at home she'd be going crazy. If her kitchen was stocked, maybe she'd go on a baking spree. When she gets back to the SGC she leaves tins of cookies in all the labs. (we know she can make chocolate chip cookies and souffle) I bet she's a great baker, if not a great cook in other areas.
          Impossible. There is no way to taint 'Singin' in the Rain,' no matter with whom it is watched. It's a classic. And remember he ( ) didn't really like the movie anyway.

Everyone's suggestions for what Sam would do if she were snowed in are all so good. I really don't think I could add anything...except perhaps s'mores. What's a roaring fire in the fireplace without s'mores?

Now I'm getting all nostalgic. Two of my favorite things from when I was a kid - s'mores and 'Singin' in the Rain.' That and 'Sound of Music.' I am such a musical junkie.

*going back to lurking with echoes of 'You Were Meant For Me' running through my head.*

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
            Thats awesome nice work mini
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Hmmmm. Snowed in Sam? To be fair, if she had her laptop, I think there'd still be work involved.

Presuming power lines were down, I'd go for wine / mulled wine, a good book and a nice long bath. I know it's what I'd do.... if I had the time!

The nicest thing about Samanda? The people! I mean, loads of you are also S/J shippers, which kinda explains it. Sorta. I love the RDA gutter girls, but after a year out of the loop, I feel really left out. You guys have welcomed me straight away.

Did you know.... back in the days of the RDA thunk and MS thunk (2004 ish), I tried to set up an AT thunk thread, which the mods deleted / moved to uncharted parts of Gateworld. In those days it was ok to have male thunk threads, but female was inappropriate. So glad it changed.

Love you and bug hugs
              Tracy xxx
              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

If you watch Prototype again tonight, you might want to keep an eye out for 2 scenes which gave us a good Sam and Cam interaction. The first is in the lab, and I’m not including spoiler tags for that one, since it doesn’t spoil the plot.

Sam: We're pretty sure these red patches indicate areas of the brain where synaptic activity is maximized. A normal human brain, you or I say should show roughly 5-10% coverage
                Cam: Me being five…you being 10.

The second scene is on the planet and Sam is talking to Daniel and Teal’c
                Spoiler:
                Sam: ... The Ascendometer says Khalek's about eighty-percent there.
                Teal’c: Ascendometer?
                Sam: Mitchell. Wish I'd thought of it. …

It may just be me, but I liked those 2 scenes because they show a relaxed relationship between them, and could be a good sign of things to come. Let’s hope the writers can keep at least some of this kind of banter between the team, and not just bombard us with more slapstick and burlesque type of humor.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                  Sam: We're pretty sure these red patches indicate areas of the brain where synaptic activity is maximized. A normal human brain, you or I say should show roughly 5-10% coverage
                  Cam: Me being five…you being 10.
                  One the best scenes ever. Period.
                  gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                  so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                  love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                    You owe me a keyboard, Sky!! I was laughing so hard that I nearly ruined mine! Here I was sitting at my PC, dinking around on the net, listening to White Christmas on my cd player, having had frozen pizza for lunch, and, yes, I'm drinking a nice strong rum and diet coke! (My holiday drink of choice!) How weird is that?!!

Oh, did I mention? We got snowed in today! Gosh, too bad Sam isn't my next-door neighbor!
                    ok, that's distinctly odd because:
                    i love frozen pizza, have to watch white christmas every year (and i do sing along) and adore rum and diet coke

i wonder how many other samandans have similar tastes?
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i love frozen pizza, have to watch white christmas every year (and i do sing along) and adore rum and diet coke

I like Pizza thats it though
                      love Torri

Comment

Pizza.... rum and coke!!!! Yum! Dunno if you ever checked out the Ba'al's Cocktail Ba'ar thread, butthere's a recipe for a cocktail I call Simply Sam on there. Bit like Mojito but without the mint.

Sam seems so much more relaxed around Mitchell. Probably because there's none of that awkward sexual tension to hide, so she can be herself without fear of overstepping the line or being seen to be flirting. It's nice to see that side though.
                        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                          Sam seems so much more relaxed around Mitchell. Probably because there's none of that awkward sexual tension to hide, so she can be herself without fear of overstepping the line or being seen to be flirting. It's nice to see that side though.
                          I agree completely. And please don't beat up on me for this, but it's one reason that I'm glad they're the same rank. They can tease each other and call each other by their first names if so inclined. They can be friends and act accordingly without worrying about the chain of command dictating superior/subordinate behaviour.

NC

Comment

yeah, as much as i think the co-leader stuff is dodgy, i do like that they can be friends without that boss/subordinate thing going on
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

love Torri

Comment

Well lets see dinner tonight was Red Barron deep dish pizza - beverage was the last of my Trinidad White Rum (straight no coke) -
                                White Christmas is one of the holiday classics I'll watch after school is out for the holidays

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                                I agree completely. And please don't beat up on me for this, but it's one reason that I'm glad they're the same rank. They can tease each other and call each other by their first names if so inclined. They can be friends and act accordingly without worrying about the chain of command dictating superior/subordinate behaviour.

NC
                                Yeah I agree with you on this - I do like the relationship they are developing between Carter & Mitchell
                                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X