Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    Found an article regarding the movie 'The Foursome'. Seems it wrapped up filming on December 3rd. For more information, check out the following link:

http://www.playbackmag.com/articles/.../features.html

I'm sort of wondering now if Amanda actually did do this movie, because neither Christian Slater nor Amanda were mentioned in this article.

The actors listed:

Kevin Dillon (Entourage),
    John Shaw (Da Vinci's Inquest),
    Chris Gauthier (Ill Fated)
    Paul Jarrett (On the Corner)
    Ellie Harvie (Terminal City)
    I don't know about Christian, I think I saw a posting at work as late as October that still had him involved, but you never know what could have happened since then. I think Amanda did do the film. But I haven't looked into it in a couple of months. Didn't hear anything abouyt her backing out.

If you're really curious of course you can always phone up the production company and find out. They're usually pretty good about that kind of thing once they've started shooting.

Foursome Productions Ltd.
    2412 Columbia Street, 2nd Floor
    Vancouver, BC, Canada V5Y 3E6
    p/ 604.684.8618
    f/ 604.684.8689

Ta,
    mini

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
      Finally remembered why I thought Sam was little sis! The whole bit in singularity when she's crying about Cassie and how she has to be detatched and stuff.

I don't think that Sam really was a lot more mature than Daniel in the beginning, it was just military. And if she was, it's nothing to do with her relationship with her parents. Daniel lost both of his, remember.
      But I guess that depends on how we each define maturity.

RE: Dan - yes, Daniel did lose both his parents in a horrific manner as an 8-year old and yes, his grandfather in pursuit of his own archeological dreams did shunt him aside.. but he also was taken in by foster parents, a mother anda father. I guess that's the point I was trying to make without going into a 20 paragraph essay (since I should be doing my Christmas cards instead of surfing here! ) that Sam didn't get a surrogate mother to come in and help her through her teen years or to keep her from 'growing up' before her time. She only had her father and a driven career military man at that. She had to mature more quickly in that respect than she likely would have if her mother had survived.
      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Someone needs to post the video. I am dieing to see this. I was in Chicago and it was great to watch the Chris Judge one, reminded me of things I had forgotten about.

I keep looking for torrents, etc. Haven't had any luck yet.

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
        Hey, I just transcribed Amanda's Convention Expeirence feature of the Season 8 DVD's for anyone who doesn't have it

Check it out here
        Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
        William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
        Anon

Comment

I just came across this article regarding the Whistler cast members. I'm not sure if someone else has already posted it, but it confirms that Amanda will not be a part of the show. Seems the part she was offered is being played by Ingrid Kavelaars. She played Major Erin Gant in "Memento", "Grace" and "Lost City Pt 2".

For more information, check out
          http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...51129/20051130
          Last edited by ForeverSg1; 05 December 2005, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
            I just came across this article regarding the Whistler cast members. I'm not sure if someone else has already posted it, but it confirms that Amanda will not be a part of the show. Seems the part she was offered is being played by Ingrid Kavelaars. She played Major Erin Gant in "Memento", "Grace" and "Lost City Pt 2".

For more information, check out
            http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...51129/20051130

Thanks for all the info, ForeverSg1.

I assumed that AT would not be able to accept this offer because of the production schedule you posted serveral days ago---Since this schedule for Whistler ends in mid-April and Stargate starts shooting in Feb, there is clearly too much of an overlap.

The info on The Foursome is interesting, particularly given that MajorSam finds a pic of AT and the director of this film, Will Dear? It would be odd for her to be out with this director, and yet not end up doing the film. But who knows. I guess we will find out soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
              Hi Kat, thanks for the super sleuthing for this ... it does seem strange that Slater's name isn't on here ... according to AT at her Q&A at GABIT, she was indeed paired with him but her role was that of a former girlfriend not a current wife ... and she was very excited about "the kiss". As MajorSam just posted, AT's character supposedly had a child by Slater but he never knew this as they must have gone their separate ways after high school. Kat, do you remember her saying that there's a high-school reunion and that's where they meet again? That's what I'm thinking but most of the action/dialogue takes place among "the foursome" who are the four guys who meet regularly for golf ... the filming is set in a golf club if you read closely. So not sure just how big a role Amanda will have in the whole context. Still, she'll be onscreen with a major star and that's good for anyone's resume!

BTW, just saw on the GW main page that today (Dec 5) is Corin Nemec's birthday - he's turning 34. So Jonas could be seen as little bro to big sis, Sam.

OT but I just heard from SG-1fanintn who sends greetings and is swamped with office deadlines/projects. She misses being here and plans to return soon!

Also, I've been really experiencing quite slow action on this thread when I go to post or reply with a quote. This has been going on past few days or so ... very slow turnaround ... anyone else having the same slowdown/response time?! I'm on broadband and with one of the faster cable providers. I also have some pretty good spyware and try to scan regularly ... so am confused about this slow operation. It's making me not want to post!

Hi ChopinGal--yes I've been experiencing some delays over the last few days on the forum. Right now, however, it is at normal speed.

Comment

Carter’s Christmas Song
                (To be sung to the tune of White Christmas)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...SingingSam.jpg

I’m dreaming of a new season
                Just like the ones from One to Four
                Where the team was gelling
                And the writers telling
                Stories that made the fans want more

I’m dreaming of my P90
                And technobabble that I spout
                My spunk and my spirit
                Seek adventure, don’t fear it
                I know the Gate from inside out

I’m dreaming of myself as leader
                Surrounded by my friends and foes
                I can stand and deliver
                I’ve earned the right to be considered
                As the one to whom my teammates go

I’m dreaming of my life in order
                Knowing the place where I belong
                I’ll stand taller and straighter
                If I’m still seen as the Gater
                Who is most loyal, wise and strong

I’m dreaming that my time and effort
                Will be spent in worthwhile ways
                Let me lead, fly and kick butt
                And not fall in some deep rut
                If so, it will be a sad, sad day

I’m dreaming that I’m treated fairly
                With respect, that is my one intent
                Let all who write me, write well
                There’s much of Sam to still tell
                May I grow and prosper in Ten!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                  Carter’s Christmas Song
                  (To be sung to the tune of White Christmas)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...SingingSam.jpg

I’m dreaming of a new season
                  Just like the ones from One to Four
                  Where the team was gelling
                  And the writers telling
                  Stories that made the fans want more

I’m dreaming of my P90
                  And technobabble that I spout
                  My spunk and my spirit
                  Seek adventure, don’t fear it
                  I know the Gate from inside out

I’m dreaming of myself as leader
                  Surrounded by my friends and foes
                  I can stand and deliver
                  I’ve earned the right to be considered
                  As the one to whom my teammates go

I’m dreaming of my life in order
                  Knowing the place where I belong
                  I’ll stand taller and straighter
                  If I’m still seen as the Gater
                  Who is most loyal, wise and strong

I’m dreaming that my time and effort
                  Will be spent in worthwhile ways
                  Let me lead, fly and kick butt
                  And not fall in some deep rut
                  If so, it will be a sad, sad day

I’m dreaming that I’m treated fairly
                  With respect, that is my one intent
                  Let all who write me, write well
                  There’s much of Sam to still tell
                  May I grow and prosper in Ten!
                  That's just awesome, ChopinGal. I vote that it's in our permanent archives, and maybe sent to the PTB as a reminder!

Just sayin', they could use it. Thanks again, I feel hopeful once more.
                  MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                  sigpic
                  Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                    Hmm, I don't really see the Sam and Daniel sibling thing... They seem to have more of a 'really good friends' thing going on than a 'brother sister' one.
                    That's exactly how I see the whole thing between Sam and Daniel. I think it's also because Sam is much more open to her "sibling feelings" with Daniel than Daniel is. I've always thought that Daniel needed confrontation to be himself and happy. That's not what Sam provides and he turns to Jack his "own personal antagonist" .
                    There's also this whole teasing thing Sam had going on with little brother Jonas and not with Daniel.
                    Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
                      That's just awesome, ChopinGal. I vote that it's in our permanent archives, and maybe sent to the PTB as a reminder!

Just sayin', they could use it. Thanks again, I feel hopeful once more.
                      Add my vote TE1.
                      This is wonderful CG, as usual.

Comment

Comment

Sci-Fi aired a new promo for the second half of the season tonight. I capped this for its Shep/Weir content, but there's a very brief clip of Amanda's GUP appearance (one line of dialogue from Amanda) in it as well. If interested, here's the link:

http://rapidshare.de/files/8697341/promo.avi.html

Comment

Am still around reading your posts Have finished S6 and I agree with all the Sam+Jonas comments that I've just read. They did have a wonderful relationship. Loved the scene in Metamorphosis when Jonas has been flirting with the nurse Anyway, am ready for the brave 'new' world of S7+8 which I'll try and start watching over the Christmas break.

Does anyone have the SciFi magazine interview and Amanda's Q+A? I read the missing bits over at the SciFi site
                            http://www.scifi.com/stargate/about/...ws/page01.html
                            but wanted to find out the rest
                            LizWhite.net

Comment

BTW, Corin's birthday was November 5th so GW were a little bit late to the party with that one!
                              If anyone's interested, he has a great site at www.corinnemec.com with a message board where he drops by to answer questions
                              LizWhite.net

Comment

Ooooh! I forgot the nurse bit! Yes, that was a great big sis moment!

And the christmas song was fab! well done!
                                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Working...
                                X