No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those who may be interested, I've updated my Sam-whumping fanfic list with several more stories.

http://www.gyrfalcon.net/vikingchick/whumping.htm

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
      I know what you mean, but I didn't like the basketball scene because it seemed out of place. And I just saw the actors playing basketball, not the characters. Maybe that's my problem as well for some of this season. I'm noticing their acting more than usual, rather than getting into the stories. For me, this is particularly true of Daniel, Teal'c, Garak, and Mitchell. I saw the actors more than the characters. Weird.

But in the last two episodes right before the break (Prototype and 4th Horseman), I found myself engrossed in the stories again.
      Hmm, maybe. I would agree it (the basketball) seemed a bit out of left field. (oops--mixing sports metaphors) I might have preferred a reference like Cam asking Tea'lc to "shoot some hoops" in one episode and then in a later episode seeing them all play. I would agree that Garak is a bit stagy(?), but I figured he was just pompous. And as for not getting into the stories, I took it as the fact that the stories weren't much to write home about. I did like the 2 episodes you mention pretty well, though. Whatever we see in the rest of season 9, it better include a fully integrated Sam. How's that for being a Demanda?

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
        For those who may be interested, I've updated my Sam-whumping fanfic list with several more stories.

http://www.gyrfalcon.net/vikingchick/whumping.htm

Thanks for posting these, Strix varia.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
          Hmm, maybe. I would agree it (the basketball) seemed a bit out of left field. (oops--mixing sports metaphors) I might have preferred a reference like Cam asking Tea'lc to "shoot some hoops" in one episode and then in a later episode seeing them all play. I would agree that Garak is a bit stagy(?), but I figured he was just pompous. And as for not getting into the stories, I took it as the fact that the stories weren't much to write home about. I did like the 2 episodes you mention pretty well, though. Whatever we see in the rest of season 9, it better include a fully integrated Sam. How's that for being a Demanda?

Yes, I like being Demanda too!!

Let's hope for an intergrated Sam, and a team who cares for one another.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
            While in the frosty and snowy Berkshires for the Thanksgiving holiday, I had the good fortune to share a girls’ night out with two women who managed to bare it all and give me an exclusive interview. Barbara Walters, eat your heart out as Jester proudly presents …

Jester: Tell me, what brings you both to these lovely mountains and to the same hot tub?

Sam: I was here, visiting friends, when I found out that Vala was also in town, serving Thanksgiving dinner in the local soup kitchen. I decided to stop by and check her out. I thought it might be a perfect opportunity to get to know her better.

Vala: Yes, contrary to what everyone may think of me, I do care deeply about humanity and try to spread joy wherever and whenever I can.

Sam: It’s true. I stopped at the shelter and was overwhelmed by what I saw. There she was, in a white frilly apron and hairnet, slaving over a large vat of mashed potatoes and making eye contact with every poor soul whose plate she touched!

Vala: A full belly is a fulfilling task.

Sam: I was so impressed by Vala’s self-sacrifice that I felt motivated to join in.

Vala: It was a glorious afternoon – Sam and I, side by side; I mashed while she stuffed. As we served dollops of creamy potatoes and cornbread to the unwashed masses, we found a common cause which showed us that we could work well together.

Sam: I think my favorite part of the day, Val, was the group sing-along in front of the community Christmas tree!

Vala: Oh my, yes! For me, too, especially when you let me sing backup to your beautiful rendition of “Let There Be Peace on Earth” played on your guitar. There wasn’t a dry eye in the room by the time we finished.

Jester: Sounds like a Hallmark moment for sure ….

Sam: After spending Thanksgiving together and seeing each other in a new light, I invited Val to join me for a relaxing dip in the hot tub. We’ve both been under so much stress lately, lots of negative vibes surrounding us. What better way to free ourselves of all the pressure?

Vala: Frankly, Sam, I was a bit surprised to see that you were quite comfortable with the whole skinny-dipping thing ...

Sam: Honestly, Val, I’m not the “all work and no play” character that I’m made out to be!

Jester: Blue-jello cocktails anyone?!

Sam and Vala: Yes! Here’s to the holidays and the guys at the SGC and in Washington DC!

At which point Jester climbs out of the tub and treads softly across the moonlit snow to fetch the drinks while giggling, splashing, and a rousing chorus of “to all the men we’ve loved before …” echo from the remaining two gals in the tub.

Happy Holidays, Samanda!

Special thanks to SamFan31 for the wonderful photomanip! I actually did do a hot tub in the snow last week and that's what gave me the idea for this story!
            This is absolutely fabulous! I LMAO through the whole story. I think TPTB should think about using this as a jumping off platform for a season 10 episode!!!!!
            In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
            so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
            Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
            Hic Comitas Regit
            Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
            Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
              I've never been to a con before. I'd need ... people there ... to hold onto ... in case I got scared. You know, if someone was running around speaking in Goa'uld... or... Klingon or... a hybrid of both...

mini (::::the ducking!::: geek
              I definitely going as it's very close to me and I've been dying to see AT in person. I wouldn't mind helping you keep your courage up. My friends tell me I'm good at it.
              In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
              so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
              Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
              Hic Comitas Regit
              Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
              Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Nice Lys!

Did some pics for the Amanda Tapping Convention Experience transcript as well

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                    Star of Wonder, Star of Light
                    (Based on the early seasons of SG1)

Carter moved as rapidly as she could through the snow-packed terrain. Her breath formed wisps of smoke on the frigid air as she labored up the last hill towards base camp. This was an unbelievable find - a true discovery ... to think that all she was doing was a routine scan of the planet's atmosphere and star system. Serendipity!

A smile creased the corners of her mouth and she couldn't help but chuckle. What will her teammates think of this? Here they were, light years away from home, on Christmas eve. She admitted that it was the kind of luck that usually happened to Daniel - what with his knack for digging up artifacts from the past.

What she found, however, was more a harbinger of the future. It seemed to point to hope and peace. And, even in her objective scientific mind, she had to admit that this was the stuff of dreams. She sprinted down the hill and literally flew into the camp, startling her comrades-in-arms who were just gazing into their cups of coffee around the campfire. It had been a long and tedious mission and all three men were feeling a bit homesick and melancholy. It certainly didn't feel like Christmas (even with the snow underfoot).

"Carter, what the …?!" Jack didn't know what to make of his normally calm and collected 2IC's flushed face and excited eyes.

Daniel looked up at his agitated colleague and wondered what could have caused such a state. He waited for a long string of scientific jargon to come forth. He wasn't expecting her to be standing there, wide-eyed and open-mouthed, actually looking quite stunned and surprised.

Teal'c, on the other hand, sensed that Major Carter had somehow caught a sight of something so significant that it moved her beyond words. A sense of the sacred perhaps? "Indeed"....

"Sir, I was taking some final readings through the telescope and thought I had managed to integrate all the atmospheric systems with the adjacent stars and moons when, suddenly, there appeared ..." and, at this, Sam was, once more, at a loss for words.

Pulling Daniel to his feet and beckoning Jack and Teal'c to follow her, she ran back up the hill. They followed in curiosity and amusement but, when they reached the crest, still did not see what Carter's mysterious find was.

"Hurry, sir - you have to use the telescope to see this - it's not visible to the naked eye!"

Jack moved forward and grasped the scope and took a look. He stepped back, grinning and in awe. "Here, Daniel, have a look" ... Daniel peered into the scope and let out a small gasp, "I don't believe this!" Finally, Teal'c's large hands grabbed the telescope and he focused his vision. Now, normally not one to smile, the stoic Jaffa allowed his eyebrow to lift while a slight smirk played on his face. "Indeed, Major Carter, 'tis a wondrous sight."

All four of them looked at the night sky with its multitudes of stars and then looked, one more time, through the telescope ... into the wonder behind those immediate stars that was being revealed: the wonder of this planet's nebula and neighboring moon which seemed to speak of like-minded creatures such as these Tau'ri. They were not alone.

At which point, Jack simply said: "Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night."

Awww that was really lovely Chopingirl, sorry can't green you but i'd thought you and fellow Samandans might like this>>> Mr Tara and me went to a show last week at our local concert hall, it was "Rocking around the Christmas Tree" with Elvin Stardust, anyway there was local school children in the show who were singing "Away in a Manger" and as they finished the stage had "snow" falling on them or should i say the centre five children! there was one little girl of no more then 5 years of age who just kept looking up in absolute wonder at this "snow" falling and she was spreading her hands out and even from where we sat which was about half way up in the stalls her face held that look of wonderment you never ever forget even when your own children are all grown up.
                    Amanda will have that coming up with Olivia this year, a truly special time, hope you don't mind me shareing that but it really did touch me to see that little girls face
                    ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                      LOVE this one! And I wish Jonas was still around!

Comment

Thanks for the nice welcome.

Originally posted by LadyJeep
                        This is absolutely fabulous! I LMAO through the whole story. I think TPTB should think about using this as a jumping off platform for a season 10 episode!!!!!
                        *ROTFL*

That's brilliant.

I always loved the rebellious streak Carter displayed in "Upgrades". She does have it in her.

A.
                        VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

Hey Everyone!!!

Was mulling around in my basement morning of yesterday, picked up a random local mag called "Vancouver" Flip open the first page, and lo-and-behold there's Amanda! lol. Only a tiny pic... but I scanned it in and cut out her bit

Bill Dear, (just looked) Is the director of "The Foursome" the movie she's filming currently with Christian Slater...

MSam
                          The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                          |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
                            Hey Everyone!!!

Was mulling around in my basement morning of yesterday, picked up a random local mag called "Vancouver" Flip open the first page, and lo-and-behold there's Amanda! lol. Only a tiny pic... but I scanned it in and cut out her bit

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ncouverMag.jpg
                            Bill Dear, (just looked) Is the director of "The Foursome" the movie she's filming currently with Christian Slater...

MSam
                            Thanks for the photo! Do you know what the event was?

Comment

PM Bump.

Comment

I'm feeling ranty. It's taken me fifteen minutes to open one page of this forum . I think it's just a combination of this page being so big and my stupid 42 kilobytes per second dialup connection. Grah. Now I have very little time to actually catch up on all the posts on this thread, and that's if each page doesn't take almost as long to load.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Working...
                                X