Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stargate barbie
    speaking of ads at the top of the page being related to whats been posted, can anyone tell me why there's an ad for thundercats dvds at the top of my page? don't get me wrong, i want to buy them, i'm just a tad confused.

also, i just downloaded the AT interview from the link on the prev. page, and i can't hear it.
    Err, I'm not sure what Sainsbury's life insurance has to do with this, either, unless they've been picking up on Daniel threads

Hi guys. This is my first time at Sam-a-holic Not-So-Anonymous and I'm hooked, hooked, hooked. I felt a sharp stab of guilt at watching and enjoying The Ties That Bind.

I love Broca Divide, stand up and scream at Affinity and cry my eyes out at Singularity (that episode just does not grow old). Oh, add Point Of View to the cry baby list.

Tracy xxx
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by sky_blue_waters
      JUST POSTED......... AMANDA TAPPING and .. AND .....CARMEN AGRENZIANO will be appearing at the shore-leave con in Baltimore Maryland..... July 7-9 (?) 2006 : )

JOY ..some happy news
      i think i need to look into that. long weekend in baltimore....could be fun
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam
        Well if they are in a collage it isn't copying right????

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/7...sampics8pv.jpg

And since I changed one of these thanks to photochop we can share these right???

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/6...ampics28es.jpg
        Are those actual stills or just screen caps?

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
          Uh-huh, I think you might just have found the culprit, Lys.

From page 1121...

My work here is done

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
            Are those actual stills or just screen caps?
            I think they're from the still galleries on the Season 8 DVD's

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
              I think they're from the still galleries on the Season 8 DVD's
              Does that mean they're high-quality JPEG/TIFF/whatever? Has anyone posted them somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                i think i need to look into that. long weekend in baltimore....could be fun
                Hmm. July you say... and my first ever convention... hmmmm....

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by sky_blue_waters
                  JUST POSTED......... AMANDA TAPPING and .. AND .....CARMEN AGRENZIANO will be appearing at the shore-leave con in Baltimore Maryland..... July 7-9 (?) 2006 : )

JOY ..some happy news

Thanks for letting us know, sky_blue_waters!

Does anyone know what shore-leave cons are like? I went to their site, and it seems this con is fan-run (which sounds like a good thing)?

I've never gone to one in my life and didn't really plan on doing it either because alot of them sound crowded and rushed. GABIT sounded just right, but it wasn't possible.

Wouldn't it be great to have AT and CA on stage at the same time? Or maybe individually first and then together. From interviews I have read, these actors have such mutual respect for each other and I would imagine would be really good on stage together. I think their stage styles would go well together.

Comment

Just a thought. As ForeverSg1 and ChevronSeven let us know, AT is not going to do Whistler due to conflicting schedules. As soon as I saw that Whistler's production schedule ends mid-April, it seemed clear that she would not be able to do both shows.

I just hope she made the right choice. Well, it is going to be the right choice in the sense that she made it! But what I hope is that they treat the character Sam well next year. Whistler sounded like a good show, but I can easily understand why AT would choose to continue with Stargate. I'm glad she did selfishly (I think), but....well lets' say that I hope it works out in meeting AT's expectations.

Comment

i have a friend of mine that goes to it each year and she says that this one is fun.

i am giving it serious consideration. it would jsut be a long weekend, maybe fly in wed or thu back out tue.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        i have a friend of mine that goes to it each year and she says that this one is fun.

i am giving it serious consideration. it would jsut be a long weekend, maybe fly in wed or thu back out tue.

Well that's good to know! Does she say how big this con usually is?

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                          Just a thought. As ForeverSg1 and ChevronSeven let us know, AT is not going to do Whistler due to conflicting schedules. As soon as I saw that Whistler's production schedule ends mid-April, it seemed clear that she would not be able to do both shows.

I just hope she made the right choice. Well, it is going to be the right choice in the sense that she made it! But what I hope is that they treat the character Sam well next year. Whistler sounded like a good show, but I can easily understand why AT would choose to continue with Stargate. I'm glad she did selfishly (I think), but....well lets' say that I hope it works out in meeting AT's expectations.
                          I didn't want to say anything during the "heated debate" back when, but I will now.

IMHO, she made the right choice. I speak as an industry professional here in Canada. I took a good long long at Whistler way back when this was mentioned the first time. Who was involved, what they were doing, the storyline, the shooting schedule and the production aspirations of the series. It was absolutely nothing spectacular, in fact ... well, I won't even say that. What I will say is that, it might have made a nice little "in between" gig for her if she'd done it before starting back up with SGP. But Amanda would have been certifiable to leave SG-1 for "Whistler". Unless she was fast tracking for a political campaign (and I mean governmentally political - I won't get into why, again), or unless she had suddenly spiralled into a Cancon only artist, SGP was still by far and away the better career choice, even now.

Hey, long live Canadian film and television, but ... "Whistler" .... well, I'm really not surprised she didn't trade SG for that particular series. I wouldn't have, either.

Comment

i didn't ask. she did say that it usually sells out though. but it is early so she said i'd have time to makeup my mind. i'll probably start looking after the first of the year, make a final decision

sigpic

Comment

I've never been to a con before. I'd need ... people there ... to hold onto ... in case I got scared. You know, if someone was running around speaking in Goa'uld... or... Klingon or... a hybrid of both...

mini (::::the ducking!::: geek

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                                I didn't want to say anything during the "heated debate" back when, but I will now.

IMHO, she made the right choice. I speak as an industry professional here in Canada. I took a good long long at Whistler way back when this was mentioned the first time. Who was involved, what they were doing, the storyline, the shooting schedule and the production aspirations of the series. It was absolutely nothing spectacular, in fact ... well, I won't even say that. What I will say is that, it might have made a nice little "in between" gig for her if she'd done it before starting back up with SGP. But Amanda would have been certifiable to leave SG-1 for "Whistler". Unless she was fast tracking for a political campaign (and I mean governmentally political - I won't get into why, again), or unless she had suddenly spiralled into a Cancon only artist, SGP was still by far and away the better career choice, even now.

Hey, long live Canadian film and television, but ... "Whistler" .... well, I'm really not surprised she didn't trade SG for that particular series. I wouldn't have, either.
                                Do you have to be Canadian to understand this post? I'm not getting it, beyond that idea that Whistler is going to be cancelled.

Comment

Working...
                                X