Clear All

Originally posted by Lys
    Damn, does that look cool. green for you, lys
    sigpic

Comment

bump up

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
        Going by the ID card in Entity (which puts her year of birth as 1968), she'd be 38 years old. To get promoted to a Lieutenant Colonel (O-5), you need around 15-17 years of Time in Service. So if she joined the Airforce when she was around 20 (and I would say she would have), and got promoted to O-5 at the beginning of Season 8, it fits in nicely. 20+17= 37, which is how old she would have been in Season 8. There is a little bit of flexability with those numbers too. She could have joined the Air Force when she was 22, and been promoted after 15 years as well. But either way, it still works out that she's 38 years old
        As a graduate of the academy, she couldn't have been commissioned before 21, right? (17+4)

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
          As a graduate of the academy, she couldn't have been commissioned before 21, right? (17+4)
          Even still, that should fit into the 15-17 year window by Season 8, right?

Man... How do you guys know all of this stuff?

Comment

Yeah, that'd probably be right. 3 years at the academy, gets her commision, then does her PhD while in service?

Comment

Yeah, that'd probably be right. 3 years at the academy, gets her commision, then does her PhD while in service?
              I'm not sure the service academies allow early graduation. I was under the impression that everyone does four years. I would have assumed she'd have immediately progressed to her graduate work, but her time in the Gulf might contradict that.

Comment

I'm not sure the service academies allow early graduation. I was under the impression that everyone does four years. I would have assumed she'd have immediately progressed to her graduate work, but her time in the Gulf might contradict that.
                Hmm, well it may not fit exactly, but it fits close enough

Comment

Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Lys

Good One Lys! And it's all your fault, all the ads up the top of the page are now Calendar ads . They must change according to what's been written on the page. I remember once when they were all ads for skydiving .

It's so quiet here.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Going by the ID card in Entity (which puts her year of birth as 1968), she'd be 38 years old. To get promoted to a Lieutenant Colonel (O-5), you need around 15-17 years of Time in Service. So if she joined the Airforce when she was around 20 (and I would say she would have), and got promoted to O-5 at the beginning of Season 8, it fits in nicely. 20+17= 37, which is how old she would have been in Season 8. There is a little bit of flexability with those numbers too. She could have joined the Air Force when she was 22, and been promoted after 15 years as well. But either way, it still works out that she's 38 years old
                      Gee, it really blows my mind to think of it in those terms. If Sam joined the airforce when she was 20... For a few minutes there I was thinking, hey, that's pretty young to be joining the military, but then I realised, hell I'm only a few years off 20. I couldn't even imagine making a decision like that. I guess it just goes to show me how much 'younger' I am at 18 than Sam would have been. Or our MajorSam from this thread for that matter. By the way, where is MajorSammy? MajorSam, you promised you were going to try and spend more time here!

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Earlier today, when I looked at the links to the new stargate pics people posted, I wasn't sure what I thought of them, but I think I quite like them. My favourite is the one of them all striding along in their leather. It's very different, but interesting. The costume that Sam is wearing is actually quite nice, it's not too sexed up, but has a good look to it. I like the cape thing that she's got. And some combat boots of a slightly different kind . It must be fun for the actors at least, after how many years of wearing BDU's and combat boots, to wear something new. I've accepted that the show's different, now I'm just trying to figure out which differences I like and which I don't.
                        I have to say, Amanda is looking superb.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Yay, December 2nd! Love the calendar idea Lys!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Ooooh, when did all the fancy new avatars come in.
                            And am I the only one who gets the feeling that they posed all of the actors in front of a hastily scribbled chalk board *raises eyebrow*?

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Sky, congratulations on the mod promotion.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Lys

Great picture for Dec. 2nd. Jacob always the protective father.

Comment

Working...
                                X