Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deepspace
    thanks
    if everyone could quote and then write it out just like poz did, then it makes it really easy to go back and edit.
    NO! And you can't make me! All you get is the month and day I was born...it's more fun to make folks wonder how old I am. mwahahahahahacough
    sigpic
    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
      Sam, Teal'c and Daniel are boasting MP-7's. It's basically H&K's (the manufacturer that makes the MP-5) version of a P-90. It's actually designed so you can fold up the forward grip and butt-stock and hold it with a pistol grip (like Teal'cs doing) or extend the butt and forward grip for better balance and stability (like Sam's doing). And you'll notice on that drool worthy pic they have them holstered on their sides in a pistol style.

Couldn't figure out what Mitchell was carrying until I looked at some of the other pics, but I think its a G-36. Though that raises the question of why Mitchell gets a proper assault rifle when Sam and Teal'c have sub machine guns o.O
      Thanks for the info AD. What a great picture--Action Sam in the thick of things. Did they start out carrying M16s in Season 1? Those were pretty big guns.

Great version of Jingle Bells, Chopingal.

Good story, deepspace. And thanks for the links to the Lost Elder story. Will there be a sequel? hint

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
        We need Sam sketch-art, too! For Boobala and Simha and I
        Ah yes, thankyou for that suggestion. Now, I've tracked down links to your comicbook style pics, now I just need to find your pencil sketches. I've got Boobala's, Parsifal's CG sketch, and where was Simha's, I think I must have missed that altogether .
        Getting there.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Hi Been lurking on this thread for a while, I've been trying to post a thread of my own but havn't had much luck.
          Anyway, I thought that of anyone in the forum, surely you guys should know this, (think thats enough sucking up!)

Does anyone know how old Sam is supposed to be, I can't seem to find it mentioned anywhere. And is it realistically possible given she's now a Lieutenant Colonel?

Anyone?
          Clark'sGirl

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
            I had a dream the other night and in my dream all was right. SG1 was off world on a mission; it was a snowy planet. The team had somehow gotten lost and now had to find the Gate; they were being chased by a powerful new enemy, the Orii. Blinded by the snow, how would they ever find the Gate? Desperate times, lots of action, thrilling ending ... hmm, just a dream or a good sign of things to come?!

In the spirit of the season, to be sung to the tune of Jingle Bells

Dashing for the Gate

Without a map or clue

Looking out for 'mates

Not knowing what to do

All the planet's white

Snow is coming down

What a stormy night

Will SG-1 be found?

Sam is so in charge

Daniel at her side

Teal'c not far behind

What a crazy ride!

Orii to their right

Orii to their left

Team is hanging tight

No one yet bereft

Suddenly a sound

Daniel's first to hear

Sam is turning 'round

Music to the ear ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...l/SamStorm.jpg

"Jingle Bells Jingle Bells

Jingle all the way ..."

Now the sky is lighting up

They no longer have to pray!

Running through the snow

Dialing up the DHD

Hoping they can go

As the Gate turns shimmery

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11.../NightGate.jpg

"Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells

Jingle all the way ..."

Time to keep their backsides down

And make a getaway

Okay, it's not my best effort, but I thought we could use a bit of holiday cheer around here and I'm extending an invitation for some other holiday stories or artwork or poems from my fellow Samandans. 'Tis the season, yeahsureyabetcha!
            Oh Jester, that is superb! I had stitches in my sides from laughing. The images of SG1 in danger to the tune of Jingle Bells, priceless.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
              {{{ deepspace }}}

I'm still trying to decide if I dare express my less than utterly laudatory opinions regarding any subject 'Stargate' in the Gateworld forum hereafter, as all of my less than acclamatory opinions would appear to me to be liable to a charge of bashing, and I don't want to cause Samanda trouble by association.

I love lightning storms. I also startle the family regularly with the amount of money I spend when I buy surge suppressors. (They're now accustomed to me taking the cable / modem / television setup apart to install them, though. Still think I'm weird for running the cable itself through surge suppression, but then I've had to explain how the surge that came down a skinned piece of coax fried a graphics workstation and they haven't, so... )

::chuckle::

I assure you - if there were any way to get my share of all the snow I'll have for the rest of my life to you, you could consider it yours and on its way! ::shudders:: Snow - it's a four letter word.

And keep up the writing, Deepspace! I like it!!!
              I have nothing against lightning. It's actually really spectacular to watch, especially the sheet lightning. But, well, I don't have any surge protection, so my computer might not have appreciated it . I guess I've just become accustomed to pulling all the plugs out of the wall when a storm hits.

Thanks for your kindness Simha. And don't stay away from Samanda just because you don't feel you can safely say your views about Stargate .

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                Yes, sadly, our Keeper of the Flame has been absent for quite some time and yet the flame must continue to burn! deepspace, thanks for your attention to our Samandan archives and please add the new birthdays from past few pages when you have the time and, also, if you can work with minigeek, try to create an index for the great Sam sketch art that we now have!

Just to know, in the spirit of Samanda ... Coley got AT at GABIT to autograph the Foreward page of the SaGC Collection for Astro and we mailed it on to her as a surprise! Astro was thrilled and delighted. Amanda did tell me that receiving that "red book" blew her away and she sobbed when reading through it. A keepsake for Olivia!

Here's a photo of Amanda's autograph to Ruth/Astro ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...l/IMG_0825.jpg

Thanks for sharing this Jester. That was really sweet of you guys to get something for Astro, seeing as she put so much effort into the book. And I really am pleased that the book was something that Amanda noticed, looked at, and enjoyed it. That is, after all, what it was all about. I'm glad it didn't just end up as 'another piece of fanmail'. Amanda is also really amazing to have sought out those who were involved during Gabit.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Some season spirit for Samanda ! I'd like to share with you all this little thing I did last year for some friends. Please, don't look at the missing skills of a beginner with photo manip ( and I didn't even know the wonders of Photoshop by this time ! ). Those were made only for fun. Enjoy !

Welcome to Lys' Stargate Advent Calendar !
                  Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Heeheee

OMG Lys I just fell off my chair good an' proper due to laughter.

Scared the dog somewhat! Great manip! I look forward to the rest of the calander

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                      Some season spirit for Samanda ! I'd like to share with you all this little thing I did last year for some friends. Please, don't look at the missing skills of a beginner with photo manip ( and I didn't even know the wonders of Photoshop by this time ! ). Those were made only for fun. Enjoy !

ROFLOL! That's hilarious and fun Lys .
                      Are there more for every day of the month?

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                        ROFLOL! That's hilarious and fun Lys .
                        Are there more for every day of the month?
                        Thanks deepspace. Yes, there's one for each day of the month til Christmas. Including a special one for Christmas
                        Stay tuned to TV Lys for the following pictures.
                        Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Lys

Lys - Great start on the Stargate Advent Calander!!!

ChopinGal - Loved the "dream" you shared with us.

There are a couple of Holiday fics centered around Jack and Sam(sorry nonshippers). One I read last night was "Blame it on the Tinsel" by Eve8 It was written last year. It's a light hearted story following Sam's family (I think there were 21 people total staying at Sam's house for the holiday. In the story Mark isn't her only sibling). http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2192025/1/

Oh and Deepspace - November 19 Ann_sgcfan

Comment

Ok, Index and Bday list all updated. I still can't find Simha's sketch, so if anyone could help with that, please do. Also, if anyone feels like ckecking the links to see that I haven't mixed them up. I'll ckeck them all later, but right now I've gotta go. Keep rocking,
                            deep

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Clark'sGirl
                              Does anyone know how old Sam is supposed to be, I can't seem to find it mentioned anywhere. And is it realistically possible given she's now a Lieutenant Colonel?

Anyone?
                              Going by the ID card in Entity (which puts her year of birth as 1968), she'd be 38 years old. To get promoted to a Lieutenant Colonel (O-5), you need around 15-17 years of Time in Service. So if she joined the Airforce when she was around 20 (and I would say she would have), and got promoted to O-5 at the beginning of Season 8, it fits in nicely. 20+17= 37, which is how old she would have been in Season 8. There is a little bit of flexability with those numbers too. She could have joined the Air Force when she was 22, and been promoted after 15 years as well. But either way, it still works out that she's 38 years old

Comment

Nice Advent calender Lys!

where is everyone? :-(

Comment

Working...
                                X