X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    riiiggghhhttt just a couple of days

so, we need a topic. something more fun than the sam/vala saga

ok, let's pretend you're sam. if you could go back any time during the show, seasons 1-8 (since a lot of folks haven't seen s9)....and you would be able to change any ONE thing, what would you change and why?
    If I were Sam, I'd figure out a way to keep Jacob from dying.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
      I listened to AT's radio interview, which was great by the way! I then started looking for info regarding the movies and possible TV show. So I am glad I found your post, oyu saved me from all the work! Thanks for posting the information!!
      I just read the cast list from "Whistler." It looks like the scheduling didn't work out because Amanda's not listed in the cast credits.

I found the cast list somewhere on Yahoo!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
        I just read the cast list from "Whistler." It looks like the scheduling didn't work out because Amanda's not listed in the cast credits.

I found the cast list somewhere on Yahoo!
        Oh darn! I was hoping the scheduling was going to work out. It sounded interesting. Oh well, I'm sure she is really busy at the moment. Glad she was at least considered for the part! Thanks for the info ChevronSeven!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
          Ok, I have no ego about being able to write. I hope that over this past year, posting here, I might have improved my writing skills a little bit, but I'm still in awe of all our Samandan scribes who churn out Samfic so well.
          So here's a little start to a story which has been going round my head lately. Cliche'd, not at all original or different or fresh, but as good as this little Page can do right now.

Colonel Jack O’Neill was standing outside what looked like an ancient crumbling doorway. Not crumbling enough to allow entry though, he noted.
          “Tell me again, why are we here? I thought SG-11 already searched these ruins on their last mission”, the Colonel asked.
          “Yes sir, they did. However, at that time our equipment wasn’t picking up the signal. We think that it may have only started transmitting after SG-11’s arrival through the Gate." explained Carter.`
          Daniel was peering closely at some writing carved into a stone wall.
          “Hang on, I think I may have found something”, he said. “Look at these markings”.
          “Yeah, so”, said the Colonel, clearly uninterested.
          “Well you see, they’re completely individual. They don’t fit in with the rest of this writing at all.”
          “Daniel Jackson, these markings do appear to all be similar. To what difference are you referring?” asked the Jaffa, Teal’c.
          “You see this lettering here, each one is just a different variation upon the same underlying pattern. Now these ones over here, they’re more self contained. They don’t appear to be in any way related to the rest of the text, and their design is more a form of symbolisation than it is lettering. If I had more time I think I could understand this...”
          “Not happening Daniel. Standard Recon. If you don’t find anything soon, we’re packing up.”
          “But Jack...”
          “Daniel...”
          “Look, I’m just asking for a little more time here...”
          “Sir, I think you ought to take a look at this”. Carter was staring intently at the screen of her equipment. “The signal has just boosted to 78%. If you don’t mind, I think I’m going to run some extra scans to see if I can figure out where it’s coming from.”
          At that moment the ground began to tremble slightly, followed by more violent shaking as the crumbling doorway proceeded to open towards the inside.
          “That’s it!” exclaimed Daniel. “I figured that the symbols had to do something, and it turns out they were just like a padlock, you know, one of those ones that scramble. I only had to turn one though, so whoever locked this place up last must’ve been lazy to only change one symbol in the combination.”
          The Colonel put his hand up, gesturing for silence. He shone light from his P-90 into the opening. It appeared to diverge off into two tunnels.
          “Teal’c, you take Daniel. Carter, you’re with me.”
          The tunnels were still filled with dislodged dust, making it hard to see clearly the length of the them.
          Major Sam Carter was on the Colonel’s Six, holding her weapon confidently, wary of any possible danger.
          “Carter, what do you suppose that this place is empty, and the reason it’s so old is that nobody’s felt it worth their time to come blow it off the face of the planet?”
          “Well sir, chances are there may not be anything here, but that energy signal is coming from somewhere, and I think we should find out what it is, and why it only started when...”
          The Major was cut off when there was a sudden spike in the signal reading, and suddenly a very tall woman with blue hair appeared right in front of them. She was slim but solidly boned; not exactly what you’d call delicate. Then the picture wavered, and they realised it was probably just a hologram.
          “My name is Quiero-alu-ta’neit. I am the last survivor of my people. Shortly I may not even be that. A great illness has spread amongst us. So much death. I fear that this may be our own doing. The result of an experiment performed by one of our leading scientists went... less than well. The effect on those who were working in the lab was immediate. I always did believe that what we were doing was wrong, attempting to simulate the illness of the Gatebuilders. Though I did not forsee how drastic the situation could become...”
          At that point the hologram wavered.
          The cause was the ever increasing shaking in the tunnel. Large chunks of rock began to fall from the ceiling.
          “Carter, come on, lets go. Radio Daniel and Teal’c, tell em we’re getting out of here.”
          Before she could respond, Sam slammed into something very hard and painful (and entirely invisible) heading back towards the entranceway.

The next thing Sam was aware of was damp, cold, and darkness. For a moment she wondered if she had actually regained conciousness, or if the blackness was still a part of her unconcious dreamstate.
          She soon found out when she heard Jack’s voice call out softly, “Carter? You awake?”
          “Sir? What...”
          “Forcefield, energy barrier of some kind.”
          Her head began throbbing, making it hard to think.
          “How big?”
          “As far as I can tell, in the last five hours that you’ve been out, there are two squares, one around each of us.”
          “Was I really out for that long? What about Teal’c and Daniel?” she enquired, her voice slurred, feeling drowsy.
          “Radio’s dead.”
          A sudden wave of dizziness hit on top of the throbbing pain, and Sam returned to black unconciousness.
          This is really good. More please.
          sigpic

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...15#post4707415

Hi Sam fans. The top 25 women of stargate poll has recenlty been updated. Come check it out and see where Sam ranks. Contribute your ideas on this matter.
            Every Tuesday General Hammond gets alittle touch up on his dome. I say, "General Hammond, alittle off the top today?"

Top 25 females of stargate

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=16929

Top 25 males of stargate

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=21105

Comment

bump

Comment

Hey y'all how are ya doin'? Hope you have fun playin' in the snow, and don't have much trouble with the recent blizzard, snowstorm,...

AT's radio interview? Why do I live in Belgium, I missed it! Didn't no one record it? The only Canadian accent I heared, was about Paul Martin's fallen government, the first time I visited the site of the Vancouver Sun!

Here's the audio link http://www.voiceprintcanada.com/audio/47149.mp3

I think her British accent is cute. And cool. Not that I like talking like a Brit (I'd prefer the American, Scottish or Aussie way) but that accent's something that makes Amanda special. And I have British friends, my favourite (favorite) Canadian Province is British Columbia. I don't have anything against the Brits or the accent, I just prefer the other accents (see above). But we are forced to talk British in class. Meh, gonna use some slang than eh. Sadly we don't have prices in our book of about 1 or 2 £, or else I'd say Loonies or Toonies. The only leaf I can distinguish of other leafs, is the Maple Leaf.

I post again if I have someting important to say

Greetings, friends,

Daivy

PS Can someone learn me how to speak like a person from Vancouver, or Canadian in General? thanx

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

I have been working on this sketch of Amanda for a long while now and I finally finished it.........thought that this would be a great place to post it.

ENJOY

Stargate Pants Girl
                  (a.k.a. Teryl's Pants Girl)
                  Mak tal shree! Lo tak meta satak Oz!

Comment

Oh the Canadian PM before Paul Martin was Jean Chretien! I knew that, I don't know a lot of Canada, don't even all the Territories and Provinces , but I do know they've got a Province with a difficult to pronounce name, Sasketshewan. I always wanna say Sahsekatsewan, so I make is Sasser. Alberta, is that named after an ex British King Albert or a famous person? If so, why don't they change the name to Amandayanna. Just a hint!

As someone who doesn't know Canada very well, I say:

I hereby nomite Amanda Tapping as Greatest Canadian (see one of my previous posts) and Go Canuks!

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Thankyou to those of you who've given positive responses to my story (both on thread and via repmessage). That's truly as far as I've got so far, so the next bit might not be posted for a while... at least not until I can think of what happens next.
                      Luv to you all.
                      deep

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

The wedding pic is funny Minigeek . Though knowing how much Jack hates wearing his General's uniform, I don't see a chance in hell of him getting married in a black suit.
                        Keep up the artwork, all you creative people.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

*cough* November *cough*
                          Üuuuuuuuber......
                          *points* > http://www.uberamandafan.com/

I do believe that the date on the bottom of my computer screen is reading the 1st of December.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

New episode stills out featuring Amanda at http://sg.emedian.net/, including the leather (or something) outfit.

Comment

Thankyou to those of you who've given positive responses to my story (both on thread and via repmessage). That's truly as far as I've got so far, so the next bit might not be posted for a while... at least not until I can think of what happens next.
                              Luv to you all.
                              deep
                              any time you need help plotting, just drop me a line. i love to plot....especially when i don't have to write it
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

*cough* November *cough*
                                Üuuuuuuuber......
                                *points* > http://www.uberamandafan.com/

I do believe that the date on the bottom of my computer screen is reading the 1st of December.

Yup. I know. Time flew and I was unable to get it done...CURSE YOU REAL LIFE CLIENTS!!! Don't they understand the importance of an Amanda lovin' website in the grand scheme of things?!??

Well, I'll have to change the date and add a blog or something with information. Perhaps I'll focus on the forum part first but I'm trying to figure out how to section it off. Input appreciated.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X