Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chocdoc
    Hey Bink and anyone else interested.

Here's how JM just answered a leadership question on solutions about whether we'll see Mitchell in charge of the team as the leader (i.e., giving orders to the other members) and whether the co-leadership thing will be dropped or at least clarified in season 10.

He answered: "We'll see both Mitchell and Carter delivering orders in season 10 (as in season 9)."

Sounds like they are continuing down the road of ambiguity.
    Meh. JM's a tool. (OK fine, I'll be nice) He's a very *important* tool in the making of SG-1

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
      Hey Bink and anyone else interested.

Here's how JM just answered a leadership question on solutions about whether we'll see Mitchell in charge of the team as the leader (i.e., giving orders to the other members) and whether the co-leadership thing will be dropped or at least clarified in season 10.

He answered: "We'll see both Mitchell and Carter delivering orders in season 10 (as in season 9)."

Sounds like they are continuing down the road of ambiguity.
      Oh, yeah.

The trouble with answers like that from Joe is that one or the other of them, but most probably Sam, could yell "Close the iris!" in the beginning of the teaser of the opening of the first ep of season 10 and then get killed before the main credits, or, at least, never emit another order-like piece of dialog during the entire rest of the season, and he'd consider his answer utterly honest. And it would be *true* in that case, just not honest in terms of the spirit of the connotations of such a statement made anywhere else and by anyone else on any other subject.

Sometimes, I think Joe might be the The Power That Is in charge of the Humpty Dumpty Department of Language Arts, where the motto is "What I Say Means What I Say It Means"...

Wonderland? Hatters? Rabbits with watches? Grins without cats? ! OH, ALLLIIIICCCE! WE NEED TO TALK!
      ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2420819/1/ - link to that underwear fic I mentioned before

And minigeek! OMG thats very, very cool! Wow. You should do a comic strip!

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
          Ahem.

To celebrate my 500th post in this forum and in the lovely, wonderful and always generous community of SAmanda...

I offer you all...

Drumroll please...

Da minigeek's version of the comicbook / action-heroine / all around kick-@$s p-90 totin', theoretical astrophysicist USAF Officer extra-ordinaire!!! Don't mess with this bee-ah-tch because she's cah-razzzzzy!.....

Lt. COLONEL SAMANTHA CARTER
          Ladies and Gentlemen!!

I ask that you please do not host these images anywhere on other websites and/or distribute it without my permission. It's a work in progress and as such, I'd rather it didn't end up all over the net (in so far as I can help it). If you want a copy without watermark for your private collection, please PM me and I'll see what I can do. Cheers!

Love and Hugs!
          mini
          Whoaaaa mini! You totally rock girl!
          This is definitely comic book material, and I think that a Stargate (Sam Carter) comic book would be pretty damn awesome.
          I also liked your pencil sketches, and I'm sorry to hear about the reception you got with the Vala one over at Sony. If they can't appreciate it, then they don't deserve it. WE do though, don't we? Because nomatter what, Samanda will always always always want to see your latest creative project!

Thanks for sharing. *hugs*

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Thanks for the extra tidbits on GUP Majorsam . Muchly appreciated.
            I really don't see how Rodney's fantasies could be held against the Character of Sam Carter, but I suppose if you were a Sam hater it would be the perfect amunition. However, I think that if they're not given amunition, they'll still manage to find some, even if it doesn't exist, so either way it's a no win situation. I think the point is not to try and win, but to balance, that's all. I understand spaz's pleas to get us over to the Sony forum (sorry spaz, I know I promised I'd come, but i still haven't got over there) because all she wants to do is balance the sam hate with positive sam stuff, but I can almost say for a certainty that while it might balance, it will never replace the hate. There have been numerous posts, very astute ones, here, by Sky, Mini, Uber, and others who I don't always remember names, (but that doesn't mean I like your posts any less).

edited for moderating purposes
            Last edited by deepspace; 28 November 2005, 10:01 PM.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

You always know that MajorSam is back when the conversation turns to underwear .

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
                Oh, yeah.

The trouble with answers like that from Joe is that one or the other of them, but most probably Sam, could yell "Close the iris!" in the beginning of the teaser of the opening of the first ep of season 10 and then get killed before the main credits, or, at least, never emit another order-like piece of dialog during the entire rest of the season, and he'd consider his answer utterly honest. And it would be *true* in that case, just not honest in terms of the spirit of the connotations of such a statement made anywhere else and by anyone else on any other subject.

Sometimes, I think Joe might be the The Power That Is in charge of the Humpty Dumpty Department of Language Arts, where the motto is "What I Say Means What I Say It Means"...

Wonderland? Hatters? Rabbits with watches? Grins without cats? ! OH, ALLLIIIICCCE! WE NEED TO TALK!
                Good post - when I first read that post from JM I thought - maybe they get pizza for dinner and Carter calls in the orders - hah - I am sooo cynical these days it disgusts even me!!

Comment

Could we have a bit less ire directed at other boards, at other fangroups and yes, even at Sam-haters please.

Bashing other boards, even if you think they deserve it, is not on. If anti-GW people were selective with the threads they visited they'd probably have as much cause to bash GW as we do to bash other boards.

Bashing other fangroups, even Sam-haters, is not on. Sam's a fiction, and the real people who dislike Sam are not fictions.

Thanks.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
                    Definately agree... I think she likes a lot when she gets to play something other than normal Sam...

I personally would most love to see her evil... as in like, REALLY REALLY evil... RepliCarter was great, but just the tip of the iceburg for Amanda's abilities!
                    I think for Amanda as an actress she would really appreciate being given the opportunity to do something like GUP. If I've noticed anything on tv/movie making of's it's that actors, nomatter how much they like their regular roles, really enjoy doing something new or different. It's their way of extending their skills and abilities, seeing how they go when asked to do something that's slightly unfamiliar to them. So I could definitely see Amanda having fun playing a Sam who wasn't Sam. I think that's why they have so much fun with science fiction, because you get to play different facets of your character via alternate realities and replicator doubles .

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                      Could we have a bit less ire directed at other boards, at other fangroups and yes, even at Sam-haters please.

Bashing other boards, even if you think they deserve it, is not on. If anti-GW people were selective with the threads they visited they'd probably have as much cause to bash GW as we do to bash other boards.

Bashing other fangroups, even Sam-haters, is not on. Sam's a fiction, and the real people who dislike Sam are not fictions.

Thanks.
                      I'm sorry if we've stepped beyond a line, but I don't feel that we've been bashing samhaters, only offering support to those people who have been bashed by them. That's only my opinion though, so I think I'll shut up now.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Stuff like "The difference between you guys and sam haters is not only your kindness, but the fact that you think out your posts very well. In other words, you use your brain to type instead of just your fingers" is supportive of the 'you guys', granted, but it's definitely bashing of 'sam haters'. It's not on. I don't want to list all the incidences of fan-bashing, there've been a few that were close to the line and a few more over it, yours is just the most recent and so the easiest to quote. But it's not on, it's not necessary and it's not on topic. End of discussion please.

Madeleine

Comment

End of discussion? I'm afraid I've been PMed and insulted by those "real people" several times already. Perhaps I qualify as a "real" person as well? Call it what you will, I think you need to go back and read the entire conversation before you moderate something that doesn't need moderating. And to the best of my knowledge, we already have a moderator in this forum. If you disagree with her, perhaps you should speak with her privately before you contractict her in the public forum. That undermines her completely.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Rep Is Back

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                              Rep Is Back
                              Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                                End of discussion? I'm afraid I've been PMed and insulted by those "real people" several times already.
                                Take it up with a moderator, if you like.

But not all Sam Haters have PM'd you and insulted you, and it shouldn't be used as a blanket term to allow bashing. If you want to refer to "people who've been nasty" (or whatever) and criticise them then that's different. But once it becomes legit to lump all 'Sam haters' as people who don't use their brains, it becomes equally legit to lump all 'vala haters' as people who don't use their brains, and from there it's a short step to lumping all cam fans as brainless... It's a slippery slope. (btw, i've been PM'd and insulted by Vala haters, by Jaffa haters, Daniel haters, Daniel fans and all sorts in my time. it happens. There are bad eggs about, but it doesn't mean that all ___ haters or ___ fans deserve to be bashed.)

Perhaps I qualify as a "real" person as well?
                                Of course, and if anyone bashes you on a public thread and I see it, i'll do my bit for you, i promise.

I think you need to go back and read the entire conversation before you moderate something that doesn't need moderating.
                                i've read plenty. most of it's nice stuff.

And to the best of my knowledge, we already have a moderator in this forum. If you disagree with her, .
                                I haven't and don't disagree with her, I'm not sure where that comes from. I've been PM'd about this thread a couple of times in the past couple of days by posters and a lurker in here. I don't normally cede moderating decisions to the 'resident' mod unless they ask me to; for a start it would be lazy and secondly it's unfair to expect a thread-playing mod to be moderator when he or she is already poster. We're a moderating team, we all moderate whatever comes to our attention, and that's how we've always done things. Hope that suits you.

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
                                X