X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
    :O

WHERE'S THE REST??!?!?!?!?

And for the record? Sam Carter and Lara Croft in the same show would be very, very cool. Hell, Amanda Tapping and Angelina Jolie in the same scene would be very very cool (and hot!)
    AD, I said I wasn't preaching for your choir ! You bad boy !

Psssst, mini ! I want to see the other hand and the other leg too. And the face would be nice either. Hurry up please !
    Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Mini please tell me your aspirations are going in the graphics art field. Because your drawings will sell in the advertising area. Maybe one day you'll be able to make enough money to have your own comic book, owned by you.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
        :O

WHERE'S THE REST??!?!?!?!?

And for the record? Sam Carter and Lara Croft in the same show would be very, very cool. Hell, Amanda Tapping and Angelina Jolie in the same scene would be very very cool (and hot!)

Need a bib for that drool?

NC

Comment

I definitely don't have mini's artistic ability, but I can follow directions in PS. Using a tutorial and some of my own modifications, I think I came pretty close to the look of a pencil sketch. Probably still a bit too sharp.

This edit is presented in homage to the real artists of the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
            Mini please tell me your aspirations are going in the graphics art field. Because your drawings will sell in the advertising area. Maybe one day you'll be able to make enough money to have your own comic book, owned by you.
            Hey LaCroix. Thanks. But I do make a living at it. I'm a special f/x artist, I work on post production and animation in a studio every day. So I'm very lucky in that regard!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
              I definitely don't have mini's artistic ability, but I can follow directions in PS. Using a tutorial and some of my own modifications, I think I came pretty close to the look of a pencil sketch. Probably still a bit too sharp.

This edit is presented in homage to the real artists of the thread.

Hey, that's neat parsifal! You did that in PS? What filters did you use??

Comment

Originally posted by esoap524
                Just a very minor point to your well argued points. CB is having fun with the Vala character, according to her interviews but does agree she's better in small doses. She's also repeatedly praised the cast, particularly MS with whom she's worked the most, but also had many nice things to say about Amanda Tapping; AT also was complimentary of CB and indicated she hoped they kept her on because she was very supportive when AT returned to the set and also, it was great having another "girl" around.

The main reason I point this is out is just to avoid any rumors that the new cast and the old cast don't mix. And certainly, at least from what I've read, these two actresses like each other and would like to work together.

I hope we get to see a lot of Vala and Carter TOGETHER because I think the differences between the actresses and the characters are actually complimentary.

And as much as I love Ben Browder from his FS days, I can see why people are upset that Carter doesn't get command. What, because she's a girl? Let's face it, in a real work/life situation, that's exactly what people would say.

NOTE TO MINIGEEK: As a die hard CB fan, I'm really sorry to hear that some bozos were rude to you. We're not all crazy (okay, well, some kinds of crazy but not all mean crazy ). I think a lot of people get carried away when it's really not necessary. As you point out, it IS stll a TV show.

I'm impressed that even though a significant number of people hate Vala, or dislike her greatly, no one has actually slammed the actress who portrays her.

Thanks for your comments, esoap524. I would imagine there are many fans of Vala who do not see it as a competition between CB and AT. These two excellent actresses, as you say, have said good things about each other (because they are professional and seem to be real decent human beings). Too bad some fans can't follow their lead. I think they could really have wonderful scenes together--there is definitely potential there---it's up to the writers to give them the material.

minigeek---your sketch of CB/Vala was lovely, as usual. I too am amazed at some of the hostility particularly when it is directed at AT. As we've said before, it is really good that she gets alot of fan support.

I also am amazed that some fans (a minority) are so hateful toward a character, especially when they know other fans really like the character. You see, I am okay with Daniel for example, but he is not my favorite. But I know there are alot of Daniel fans, like there are Sam fans. So I may criticize the way this character is written from time to time (actually not much), but I wouldn't go on and on about it and say how awful he is (and I actually don't think he is awful) because I know that if I am vicious, it affects other fans. That's why I think here at GW really nasty threads don't last long because fans know that they are affecting other fans. Criticism of the writing yes, this is expected on a forum. But not constant bashing of characters--thank goodness. What's the point?

Comment

NOTE TO MINIGEEK: As a die hard CB fan, I'm really sorry to hear that some bozos were rude to you. We're not all crazy (okay, well, some kinds of crazy but not all mean crazy ). I think a lot of people get carried away when it's really not necessary. As you point out, it IS stll a TV show.
                  Well, it sure was awesome to come back here and remember there are really nice people in the online world of fandom, too.

I'm impressed that even though a significant number of people hate Vala, or dislike her greatly, no one has actually slammed the actress who portrays her.
                  Claudia black is insanely talented. She's a tremendous actress. I personally can't stomach season nine's version of Vala very well. The character (for me) is anathema. But that's not Claudia's fault. Because the reason I dislike Vala has nothing to do with how she's acted, she's very well played, in terms of who she is, it has everything to do with what the character represents (in my humble point of view), and as I mentioned in another thread already, I think Claudia's talents are wasted on a galactic-dominatrix - but it shows to go ya what kind of thoughts are in those writer's heads, doesn't it? *sigh* It's not even Vala I dislike, it's the unabashed, overused stereotype she represents for female characters (especially in science fiction).

Here's hoping they sex her DOWN in the latter half of season nine, into ten. Crossed fingers.

mini(woohoo, the rep systems' back on! off to spread the luuurve... hehe)geek

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                    Hey, that's neat parsifal! You did that in PS? What filters did you use??
                    Thanks. I started with the steps listed here and then added smart blur, box blur, add noise, diffuse, and finished with auto-level.

Actually, I think the effect looks even better at full resolution. This version I posted is reduced in size.

Comment

I found this recent radio interview with Amanda posted at her club site. She did this interview for BBC Radio Essex's Simon Baldock on the Sunday of GABIT.

I can't open it, but thought some of you could. I think it is okay to post this here? If not, let me know.

http://personal.geah.org/stargate/media/tea_at_3.mp3

If someone can hear it, does she say anything about season 9? Anything else interesting?

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                        I found this recent radio interview with Amanda posted at her club site. She did this interview for BBC Radio Essex's Simon Baldock on the Sunday of GABIT.

I can't open it, but thought some of you could. I think it is okay to post this here? If not, let me know.

If someone can hear it, does she say anything about season 9? Anything else interesting?
                        For anyone wanting that mp3 file, you'll need to right click on the link that chocdoc provided and click 'Save Target As' or 'Save Link As' to download the mp3 file and then open it your media player of choice

Comment

Nothing too interesting, a lot of the same stuff that's already been reported from GABIT. Pimping of S9 (although she acknowledges that it's a different show), being asked to do "a few" episodes of Atlantis next season, the other projects she's doing: the Slater movie, a TV-movie called "Abby Lord" (not sure if that's right) and possibly "Whistler"; the other talk was about the convention, her demographic, her time in England. Oh, and she's a big fan of "The White Album".

Comment

Originally Posted by Parsifal:
                            Oh, and she's a big fan of "The White Album".
                            Hey, who isn't a fan of The White Album?

Comment

She talks alot about personal stuff - her family in England, balancing work and Olivia, expectations on her body image after just giving birth, talks about S9 and Atlantis crossover briefly, about the S7 episode she directed, her movie that she was about to shoot with Christian Slater, another movie called 'Abby-Lord' (which might be that 'bumbling detective' one) and also about Whistler if they can sort the timing out for it.
                              And she talks about how she's a big Coronation Street fan (and she mentioned something about how she got a pair of knickers O.o) and at the end her music request was 'Dear Prudence' by the Beatles.

It was a good listen

Edit: Oi, parsifal beat me

Comment

Okay first that Simon Baldock has class and is an excellent interviewer - this has to be one of the best interviews I have ever heard of anyone never mind of AT - talk about putting those 2 louts from that short TV interview she did while at GABIT to shame!! Those 2 were so inept and juvenile compared to Simon Baldock.

A few tidbits: AT says she was "actually asked to do some episodes" of SGA for S3 so she will be doing some crossover - no details though. She also talked about S10 and the 200th episode but again no details just very general discussion that there will be a S10. She spoke about GABIT as the best run Convention she has ever attended and she loved the way she could really interact with the fans there. She had high praise for the organizers and spoke giddily about the trip to Cornoation Street. She sounded like a goofy fangirl. She also talked about the movie with C Slater and that she plays his girlfiend and the TV movie but very brief and only gave the name of that one which I didn't catch the name of, she also said that she was hoping to do the Whistler show if they could work it out and she did sound hopeful so let's hope they worked out that shcedule thing.

What really stood out for me was early in the interview when she spoke about Carter and how Carter is a role model because she is not "superficial" (that is the word I have been looking for to describe vala - superficial) and she also said she, Carter, is not a sex kitten (hhmm can you say vala?) which is what so often happens with female characters in sci-fi. She spoke about her demographics being skewed towards women and young girls because she is a role model, and that her demographic also includes couples, which I found interesting (I wonder if they have specific focus group info on how each of the characters skews in demographics or if she is just basing that on who she sees and meets at conventions). She spoke about the struggle to get back in shape and the pressure she felt from the producers - while they did not say anything she felt the pressure but would not compromise to come back as a stick figure because she is nursing Olivia. She spoke a little about the baby and just gushed and sounded ridiculously happy about her life with Olivia and the fact that she can be at work with her and take care of her while working and how lucky she is with that.

Overall much of it was repeats of what we have already heard elsewhere but I was impressed with the overall tenor of it - it was a great interview and I must say again that Simon Baldock is wonderful and he knows his stuff and doesn't sound like a dolt or a blithering idiot like so many others do. He clearly likes AT and admires and respects her and that comes out in the way he speaks with her. He brought up the directing thing and she gushed about her experience in Resurrection and the fact she was nominated for an award for it and how she really loved it and reaaallllly wants to direct more, etc., etc.

Anyway, nutshell from the first pass listening to it. I am sure I missed some things like the name of the TV movie but those were the highlights that stuck out for me on first pass.
                                Last edited by binkpmmc; 28 November 2005, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X