Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55
    One positive thing about GUP could be that it might give AT a chance to do something different with Carter. So as an actor she might enjoy it. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it is fun along the lines of the other interactions we've seen with Sam & McKay. And if not, I can comfort myself with the fact that it never really happened.

I agree with you. I bet AT really liked doing this episode, and it seems that AT and DH really get along and respect each other. I would think, like others, that anything unusual it fun for an actor. Like playing evil and geeky also had to be fun!

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
      I agree with you. I bet AT really liked doing this episode, and it seems that AT and DH really get along and respect each other. I would think, like others, that anything unusual it fun for an actor. Like playing evil and geeky also had to be fun!
      Definately agree... I think she likes a lot when she gets to play something other than normal Sam...

I personally would most love to see her evil... as in like, REALLY REALLY evil... RepliCarter was great, but just the tip of the iceburg for Amanda's abilities!
      The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
      |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Ok, I just had to do this one...

POST 22222!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

((((((((((SAMANDA))))))))))
        The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
        |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
          Ok, I just had to do this one...

POST 22222!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

((((((((((SAMANDA))))))))))

Yeah! MajorSam! Post 22222 by our President on the SaGC thread!

NC--we were close to having 22222 on 1111, but not quite.

MajorSam---do you know anything about the possibility of the new Canadian series, Whistler, that AT was asked to be on?

Comment

Yeah! MajorSam! Post 22222 by our President on the SaGC thread!

NC--we were close to having 22222 on 1111, but not quite.

MajorSam---do you know anything about the possibility of the new Canadian series, Whistler, that AT was asked to be on?
            All right, MajorSam!

chocdoc, our next chance at a cool combination will be post 44444 which will occur on page 2223. We should be able to reach that within a couple of days, right?

NC

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
              All right, MajorSam!

chocdoc, our next chance at a cool combination will be post 44444 which will occur on page 2223. We should be able to reach that within a couple of days, right?

NC

Oh, yeah, NC -- just a couple of days!!

Comment

riiiggghhhttt just a couple of days

so, we need a topic. something more fun than the sam/vala saga

ok, let's pretend you're sam. if you could go back any time during the show, seasons 1-8 (since a lot of folks haven't seen s9)....and you would be able to change any ONE thing, what would you change and why?
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

ok, let's pretend you're sam. if you could go back any time during the show, seasons 1-8 (since a lot of folks haven't seen s9)....and you would be able to change any ONE thing, what would you change and why?
                  I Would NOT give anything to the replicator, no matter what sympathy I may feel.
                  EDIT: I would give the replicator the quick death she initially requested... so I would give her that one thing...
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Easy for me. No Pete storyline whatsoever. Find another boyfriend that actually fits into a really good scifi storyline. Find a boyfriend that is believable for you. Or just skip the boyfriend and go over to Janet and Cassie's more often.

Comment

Easy for me. No Pete storyline whatsoever. Find another boyfriend that actually fits into a really good scifi storyline. Find a boyfriend that is believable for you. Or just skip the boyfriend and go over to Janet and Cassie's more often.
                      Oo. No Pete is good. Very very good. This is a good question. There are more than few things for me. I think one of the biggest (little) ones was in "Fragile Balance" when Carter's debriefing the AF officers (whom she outranks) and they treat her disrespectfully - I'd have had her walk all over them and up the other side till they were singing "mommy" in soprano. But... that's just me.

mini

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

i wonder if sam would go back and try harder to help the tollans instead of just leaving them to their fate. a whole race pretty much died,and they were an advanced race that might have been able to help earth in fighting the goauld

sigpic

Comment

As Sam: I'd go fishing with Jack, the first time he asked! Geez, he's my CO and he's asking me to do something off base, just because? Maybe he'll listen to this new theory about wormhole continuity and how it changes if one's dialing with a dhd or our computer dial up... Naah. I really want to know if I can catch more fish than he does, and what will THAT do to his CO ego...Bet I DO catch more fish.

Just sayin', that's the first one thing that comes to mind, um, first. Do we get seconds?
                          MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                          sigpic
                          Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                            Oo. No Pete is good. Very very good. This is a good question. There are more than few things for me. I think one of the biggest (little) ones was in "Fragile Balance" when Carter's debriefing the AF officers (whom she outranks) and they treat her disrespectfully - I'd have had her walk all over them and up the other side till they were singing "mommy" in soprano. But... that's just me.

mini
                            YES! That sequence totally steamed me! And if Jack had so much mojo as a teenager, why he didn't cut them down for dissin' his 2IC steamed me more.

Just sayin', Nice catch, minigeek.
                            MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                            sigpic
                            Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Um, yes, I suppose there's no need to beat the Pete thing to death anymore than we already have, is there?

That whole debacle aside, I'm not sure there's too much stuff that I'd want to change from Sam's past, not too many times when I think she's been grossly out of character. The major decisions that she's made over the years are what make Sam who she is, at least for me. One of the reasons that I fell into SG-1 so much is that I was able to see each of the four characters as actual living people who change via the experiences they have and through the decisions they're forced to make regarding themselves and those they interact with.

That said, I'm all for revisionism if it caters to my own desires. So, I say that given the situation to do over again, Sam Carter shoots Jonas Hansen in that cave. Maybe she doesn't try to shoot him dead, maybe she does, but she shoots him for sure. Carter doesn't freeze up, she reacts. It was in character for Sam to go down and try to resolve the situation in the first place given her possible influence over Hansen. It was out of character for her to be so damn indecisive when faced with the threats of a raving lunatic.

Comment

i wasnt' just meaning things that we'd change about sam, i meant things that sam would change

what does she regret at 2am? what does she look back and go 'if only', what would SHE go back and change

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X