No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

she does. she may not answer - i've never gotten an answer from any letter i've sent - but she does see them and does read them.

and honestly, your sketch might garner more attention than your random fan letter

i have also heard of other folks who do get answers back and have gotten signed pics in the mail

what do you have to lose? a large envelope and a buck or so in postage.

you have some real talent, it'd be a shame not to share it
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
      OK coolness. Thanks for the replies, sky and AD and everyone else. I think I may still draw the GLOCK because I like the lines of it better. Kinda going for a John-woo(esque) look in this sketch, and by that I think you can gather I mean two guns *grin* 'cause, you know, Sam with two guns and a sassy smile might just knock AD right out.
      :O

Sam wielding two pistols?!?!?! I have to see this pic!!!

Comment

what would sam get the boys

for jack, simpson's dvd's/collectibles

for teal'c, the entire run of Wormhole Extreme (in my mind the show's still on the air, hammond was wrong. )

for daniel...the Mummy along with a gift certificate for some starbuck's coffee ice cream and popcorn
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          here's a little Black friday topic....(black friday is refereing to the shopping today, which was nuts and started at like 5am in some places)

let's say sam is christmas shopping...would she go out at 5am to get the bargains? or would she just shop online? and what would she buy the guys? and what would the guys buy her?

shippy or not, fun or serious...let's do some virtual christmas shopping
          I say Sam shops online. And as her purchases....I see Sam buying Daniel a rare archeological book. She gets Teal'c some more candles ( ) And as for Jack...well, my shippy heart goes one way, but I'll say that she gets him something fishing related.
          sigpic

Comment

Sam would store shop for Christmas before Thanksgiving, having all her presents wrapped and ready.

I also think she'd give Jack this past season's Simpsons box set along with a gift certificate to the local detail shop for his truck.

Teal'c, she'd give the entire 1-6 box set of Starwars and a fondora hat.

She'd give Daniel a license plate cover that reads "Archeologists Rock"

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
              But then again we have this from the Solutions site about their Vala poll:

23 November 2005: Unfortunately, our IP logs are showing multiple re-voting from a few IP addresses on the new Vala poll. Those votes have been removed from the totals. We don't want to have to police our polls, which after all are just for fun, but we don't want them used for political purposes, either.

Something tells me that the vote wasn't going in favour to the common thread and they where removed. Florida anyone?
              Sorry to be late jumping in, with the US holiday and all. I'm the Solutions person who noticed the vote stuffing and adjusted the votes. I don't normally monitor the polls at all, but when far more than the normal number of votes were cast in a day, I took a look. And no, these were not proxy servers. In one case there was a person on dial-up who voted against Vala over 90 times in 2 hrs. With such a small number of total votes, that was very noticeable.

I realize you have nothing but my word for this so feel free to make the Florida comparisons. These polls are just for fun, which is why it's so amazing to me someone would go to the trouble of messing with their cookies to vote over and over.

Michelle

Comment

Sam holiday shopping - I would say internet shopping -
                What would she get the boys -
                Jack - Have to agree with others - Simpson's DVDs
                Teal'c - Cool new hat for when he goes off base
                Daniel - A new journal to take notes in
                Cameron - Blue Collar Comedy Tour DVD
                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Ooooh! SG-1 and Christmas? You gotta love it! I see Sam and Teal'c shopping online, while Jack and Daniel shop the old-fashioned way.

For Teal'c: Star Wars Special Editions. Ya know, the kind with 30+ hours of Lucas yapping with his posse.

For Jack: Yeah, I definitely see her getting him The Simpsons: Special Edition DVDs (and maybe Daniel would pitch in by get him a DVD player to play them in ).

For Daniel: Boring, boring, boring Discovery and History Channel DVDs and books that only they would enjoy.

From Teal'c: You know, I could see Teal'c going all out and getting her a hot crotch rocket.

From Jack: Somehow, I feel like Jack's a very sentimental gift giver (my mind has been tainted by fluffy, well-written fic), so I can see him coming up with something really sweet for all of them.

From Daniel: Boring, boring, boring Discovery and History Channel DVDs and books that only they would enjoy.
                  Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 25 November 2005, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    here's a little Black friday topic....(black friday is refereing to the shopping today, which was nuts and started at like 5am in some places)

let's say sam is christmas shopping...would she go out at 5am to get the bargains? or would she just shop online? and what would she buy the guys? and what would the guys buy her?

shippy or not, fun or serious...let's do some virtual christmas shopping
                    Yay, concentrate on someone else shopping! Oh, ok.

Sam and internet; she'd probably break someone's rib elbowing them out of her way in those chrushes. Accidently, of course.

For Jack: A fishing hat, maybe new fly baits.
                    for Daniel: Tickets to the nearest Museum of Natural History lecture/show on new archeological findings
                    For Teal'c: I like the Star Wars dvds, but maybe she'll surprise him with Buck Rogers or The Highlander dvds!
                    For Cam: Head/wrist bands with SG1 logos.
                    MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                    sigpic
                    Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                      haha, I see Sam as the kinda person who doesn't really like crowded shopping plazas (or malls if you're a yank ). And since she's tech savvy, I could easily see her shopping online.

And yay, 1800 posts. Pity they changed the custom AV level though
                      HAPPY 1800, <<Agent_Dark!>>

And one small request: please repost link to your Sam Carter team? Thank you loads.

Just sayin'.
                      MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                      sigpic
                      Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

AD congrads on 1800 posts

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                          Congratulations and extra whipped cream on your pumpkin pie to Lys, tsaxlady and Über for getting the last ones so quickly.

You’re just too good at this, but here are some more.
                          Name the episode and the person or persons Sam is talking to.

Click here to listen.

Click here to listen.

Click here to listen.

Click here to listen.

Click here to listen.

NC
                          Finally went back to listen to these tonight

1. Not sure I think it's Carter talking to Jonas but I'm stumped on this one - Found it "Nightwalkers"

2. Carter to MiniJack in “Fragile Balance”

3. Carter to O’Neill in “Zero Hour”

4. Carter to Daniel in “Cold Lazarus”

5. Carter to Daniel in “Need”
                          Last edited by tsaxlady; 25 November 2005, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                            whooo! I'd rep for that, but alas...

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
                            And one small request: please repost link to your Sam Carter team? Thank you loads.

Just sayin'.
                            You mean this team?

Comment

well, now that i actually have something to say, i'll say it.

last friday, scifi channel showed a three-ep mini marathon, that i just tonight finally watched. the eps were beach head, ex deus machina, and babylon. i've already commented on them the first time they aired, but i'll do it again because... i'm lonely and have nothing else to talk about.

spoilers for s9 eps

beach head. VERY glad sam returned. and since i'd seen this ep in it's entirety before, i skipped through the beginning to get to sam parts. i was glad that this was vala's exit (need a break from this character). it made me cringe to see sam not in charge of the team, but she was only on loan. really liked the special effects with the super gate and all.

ex deus machina. fun enough ep with those multiple baals. i like landry being in charge. as much as i love my dear jack, landry acts more like a general. enjoyed the 'not exactly' line for shippy reasons. liked sam's cool scully-like outfit. sam should have, though, been given sg1 back. mitchell was given the team when they were in peacetime. the peace ended with the ori, so give the team back to the most experienced person.

babylon. good scenes with mitchell with the sodan. ben browder does pain well.

the one thing i didn't like that ran through all three eps was mitchell's one-liners. i like him more serious, like we saw in avalon one and two.

well, that's it. nothing more to add.

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

I'm new to this thread, but I just wanted to drop by and show my love for Sam. Now, I'm not a McKay hater, but I am a firm believer that Sam is smarter, more resourceful and experienced than he is, which is why the spoilers I've read in the past for Atlantis's 'Grace Under Pressure' have gotten me a little riled up.
                                Spoiler:
                                I mean, prior to the spoilers that came out yesterday, we know that McKay is in a puddle jumper that is sinking to the bottom of an ocean. He has a concussion and starts hallucinating and has to rescue himself. At first, I was thinking it would be cool because the episode has Amanda, but then I thought about SG-1's 'Grace'. Carter had the resources of the Prometheus as well as a concussion and it took her four days to figure out how to save herself. How in the world can McKay, with a concussion, stuck in the back of a tiny puddle jumper, figure out how to get himself out of this pickle in a matter of hours?! Not possible. So, I went from being super excited about this episode to a little disappointed because it just doesn't seem feasible for McKay to be able to do it. But then I read the new spoilers and they indicate that McKay merely keeps himself alive while Sheppard and Zelenka find and rescue him. That was very satisfying to learn. I would have been really put off if McKay saved himself.
                                Like I said before, I'm not a McKay hater. I just truly believe there is no way he can think faster than Carter.
                                http://www.bigcrumbs.com/crumbs/land...nchan2&s=59146
                                Shop through Big Crumbs for your online purchases to receive a little bit of your money back.

Comment

Working...
                                X