Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LaCroix
    But then again we have this from the Solutions site about their Vala poll:

23 November 2005: Unfortunately, our IP logs are showing multiple re-voting from a few IP addresses on the new Vala poll. Those votes have been removed from the totals. We don't want to have to police our polls, which after all are just for fun, but we don't want them used for political purposes, either.

Something tells me that the vote wasn't going in favour to the common thread and they where removed. Florida anyone?
    wouldn't surprise me

see, one thing with IP addresses....for example if you use AOL. everyone who uses AOL uses the same pool of identical IP's

heck, when i was on the awards team i saw two members of a fandom group voting with the same exact ip, yet i knew they were two different people.

since i'm ever the cynic and skeptic i'd say yeah, chances are the poll wasn't going the way they wanted it to so they went looking for votes to purge. just the simple fact that they went looking speaks enough

whatever. anyone with a sense of, well sense, knows that internet polls are a joke. proxy servers adn the such and there are a ton of ways to rig them
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
      Wonderful quote TE1 ! If only !

Special blue jello for you.
      Wow, just right for after the big turkey!

Just sayin', Yummy thanks, Lys!
      MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
      sigpic
      Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

turrrrkkkkeeeeeyyyyyyyy

ok, here's a question, would our heroes have thanksgiving day dinner? and how would it play out?

sam cooks? Jack? Daniel?

go out to eat? have frozen pizza? eat in the mess?

set up a scenario

sigpic

Comment

where is everyone????

LOL

ok, well, to kick off my own question i'll be lazy and go for fic

http://www.jackfic.com/emeraldcity/holidaymain.htm

check out 'aliens say the darndest things' and for a more smarmy one 'one of the guys' for thanksgiving with the kids

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            where is everyone????

LOL

ok, well, to kick off my own question i'll be lazy and go for fic

http://www.jackfic.com/emeraldcity/holidaymain.htm

check out 'aliens say the darndest things' and for a more smarmy one 'one of the guys' for thanksgiving with the kids

Sorry, had to go cut-up sweet potato's and get them ready for tomorrow.

I'd say all of the cook. They would go for the works. Turkey, stuffing, sweet potato's, green beans (my fav), cranberry sauce, rolls and pumpkin pie ( there's always pumpkin pie on the menu).

Then a great coffee and tales of The Wizard of Oz and Simpsons.

Sounds great.

Comment

Congratulations and extra whipped cream on your pumpkin pie to Lys, tsaxlady and Über for getting the last ones so quickly.

You’re just too good at this, but here are some more.
              Name the episode and the person or persons Sam is talking to.

Click here to listen.

Click here to listen.

Click here to listen.

Click here to listen.

Click here to listen.

NC

Comment

oh NCccccccc

congrats on 22000

sigpic

Comment

turrrrkkkkeeeeeyyyyyyyy

ok, here's a question, would our heroes have thanksgiving day dinner? and how would it play out?

sam cooks? Jack? Daniel?

set up a scenario
                  Daniel's place. Danny cooks; after all, an archeologist is always in the field so needs to make do with what's out there. Not turkey, though. Maybe a roast of something like beef, maybe even duck. Jack would donate the beer; by the case. Sam would bring wine and maybe bakery rolls and her mean soufflee. Teal'c would bring dessert! Hopefully not donuts but strawberry shortcake or apple pie. A moment of silence for lost friends, then chowdown.

After dinner (and ribbing Daniel on what didn't ("Where's the beef in this?" or did ("At last, a new field cook!") turn out well), around the tv to watch combatants battle on a field of ice for a black disk. They would stay late, reliving funny moment offworld, loathe to leave this moment of hominess. But alas, Thanksgiving ends and back to base and saving the world. Oh, and Daniel leaves the dishes for his hired housekeeper.

Just sayin'. Sounds like a Thanksgiving I could like.
                  MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                  sigpic
                  Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                    I respect people on this thread for saying things in a reasoned fashion whether they are expressing positive or negative opinions. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I think we can agree that we're thankful for the character of Samantha Carter and Amanda Tapping's great job in bringing her to life.

Nicely said, jckfan55. I too am glad that people are posting what they are feeling--the positive and the negative. They have been very thoughtful and respectful posts, and that is what matters for me. Thanks to everyone. The posts on this thread make me think. SaGC thread is really quite a thriving thread with good discussions--probably the most prolific appreciation character thread of them all. Thank goodness.

PS: Maybe having Vala around will take the heat off of Sam, and Sam can do what she does best---save the world in her oh so competent way.

Comment

turrrrkkkkeeeeeyyyyyyyy

sam cooks? Jack? Daniel?

set up a scenario

Sam: "Jack... what exactly did you say Teal'c put in that dish?"
                      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                        No, no, no, that's a perfect explanation. The NID kept the mimic devices and all this is the result of a big complot. What we're actually seeing aren't the real SG1 characters, they're NID agents wearing the mimic devices.
                        Well darn it! Here I thought it was (S8 Moebius)
                        Spoiler:
                        all an AU since like Jack said - the new timeline we're now following was "close enough." (That new AU being different enough to explain some really SG-universe-unrealistic storylines!)
                        Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                        My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                          I think that was something they definitely did right with a new character. I think Jonas had room for more development, but they did seem to have a sense of who he was & what his relationship to the other characters was. Here was a new character that was *good* for Sam. I loved that scene where Jonas is trying to get Sam to find out for him if the nurse likes him. In just a little moment, and really nothing to do with the episode, you get so much info about their relationship.
                          Wish I could rep a bunch of you, but the green jello machine is still broken.
                          I respect people on this thread for saying things in a reasoned fashion whether they are expressing positive or negative opinions. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I think we can agree that we're thankful for the character of Samantha Carter and Amanda Tapping's great job in bringing her to life.
                          I agree with everything you said here. Jonas was good for Sam. We got to see a whole other side of Sam in her scenes with Jonas.

And on this Thanksgiving Day, I am thankful for (among many other things), the strong presence of Sam Carter and of Amanda Tapping. Both are great role models.

Comment

This is just my obseravation based on what I have seen in Mallozzi's latest responses (and I do consider his posts at solutions to be answers unlike most of his posts here which are non-answers)over at Solutions regarding questions about the story between Landry and Lam and based on a question about Lam he chose to completely and totally ignore even though he answered the other questions that person had in the same post. I think Lam is gone for S10 - TPTB must have realized that once they added vala they would, at times, have 3 - oh my GOD!!! - 3 women to write for if they kept Lam so they ousted her (if Lexia Dogg chose not to return of her own volition I assume he would not have a problem saying that) - again just my speculation based on his answers and his choice to so totally and obviously ignore this persons question about Lam even though he answered everything else they asked.

Comment

Well it is quiet around here tonight.

NC congrats on making the 22,000 post on the thread. My internet speed is running very slow tonight so I will save your post to listen to later and see if I know the new set.

I was reading Claudia Blacks interview from SFX tonight and a couple of things stood out to me so I thought I would post part of the article here. If you want to read the full article you can find it here

“It was great to embrace such a character,” she says. “I knew it was only for a short period as essentially everybody was just treading water until Amanda Tapping was able to come back. So it was nice for the writers to take the stories in a slightly different direction.” Black also suggests the writers were testing the water with the Vala character. “It was an experiment and it was fun for everybody.”

“I know Vala is controversial and it’s wonderful to be playing someone who doesn’t have to be popular. It’s difficult because she runs the risk of being a one trick pony. She comes out with batty one liners and I said to the producers, ‘You can’t keep pressing the reset button. And attracted as they are to the Tracy/Hepburn stanza between Daniel and Vala it needs to develop. Their relationship needs to grow, otherwise he looks stupid and I refuse to let characters be dumbed down.

I believe this article was written while CB was still filming the first 5 episodes before AT returned. I found it interesting that she said they were just treading water until AT returned - something that more than one person here has said as well. She also see's that the character of Vala could become a cliche.

I am hopeful that either before S9 is over or early on in S10 we see some development of Vala and some good interaction between Sam and Vala. I'm not ready to give up on Stargate yet - I will watch until I find no more enjoyment in the show.
                              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka
                                I agree with everything you said here. Jonas was good for Sam. We got to see a whole other side of Sam in her scenes with Jonas.

And on this Thanksgiving Day, I am thankful for (among many other things), the strong presence of Sam Carter and of Amanda Tapping. Both are great role models.
                                Sam was so relaxed and confident in season 6 that it was almost painful (I know it was for me) to see the angsty Sam in season 7 and 8. I felt they were writing her completely out of character. The only time I thought we saw the fun and relaxed Sam coming back was in Space Race, especially in her scenes with Teal'c. I'm telling you, aliens on SG1 are good for Sam. . Just look at Nightwalkers. They made a fantastic team and Sam proved she was the natural future team leader, competent and respected by her teammates. I wish I could hit the remote control and make TPTB rewrite some of the later episodes with this in mind. I might even threaten them with Teal'c 's big gun.

And to end on a bright note :

Happy Thanksgiving to You !
                                Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Working...
                                X