Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Naeara
    Can I crawl under the table too? No offense meant to anyone but wow...what a horribly negative thread this has been the last couple days. I tried to be positive in here but got ignored in favour of more posts declaring why SG-1 sucks now. It actually made me feel guilty for still liking the show and being excited about next season and not being outraged about character treatment or "Fargate". *Sigh* I think I'll just have to stay away from this thread for a few days until the fervour dies down. It's too depressing.
    I vote we throw a blanket over the top and make a fort. People can only come in if they know the password.

(((Naeara))) No need to feel guilty about optimism!

Comment

There is a great post over at jm's blog that says it all for me. The following is the post by someone who chose to remain anonymous - I wish they had put their name - and I my blog post is included with it here:

"Anonymous above this post said:

"About as cool as having McKay drooling over Sam--not at all. It's sad that the Stargate's audience is no longer the kind that goes in for drama or development. Now it's all just orgiastic sensationalism and the next instant gratification of whim. Tittliation has replaced substance, kitchy ideas have replaced sound story ideas. Plotting is increasingly convoluted, but at least it was a "cool" shot or story or scene. So long as it tickles the fancy of the lowest common denominator, it's gold on Stargate right now. More's the pity."

Sums it all up very nicely, plus it was oh sooo much fun to write. Cheap, sleazy, low-class, caricature is always fun to write -the hard work is good drama that garners respect as opposed to cheap laughs.

Binkpmmc "

Sorry - still in my negative mood - I will keep it to a minimum and visit the anti-S10 thread to post my woes. No one here should feel guilty about the way they feel - positive or negative. I think everyone agrees they want the best for the character of Carter and for the show and everyone's opinion of what that is will differ.

Comment

BTW - is anyone else having trouble with the rep points? I have tried to rep several people but keep getting sent to the top post as opposeed to going into the rep system. Any ideas as to what the trouble is? Thanks for the help.

Comment

Remember that I love you guys.

But I just have to wonder why this is even an issue. Why can't the neggies and the possies all post in harmony here?! I love to see everyone's input when I come here... I really do. It's cool. I don't post as consistently as some, and sometimes I just babble incoherently.... Like I am now.

But I honestly don't see why the neggies have to post in an anti thread and the possies have to NOT post at all. We can all post together!

Come on, guys!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
            ON EDIT: *Throws poorly written and angsty Sam/Jack ship at AD*
            Oi!

*chews it up and spits it back out at Spazzy*

Comment

But I just have to wonder why this is even an issue. Why can't the neggies and the possies all post in harmony here?!
              I think part of the reason we lost Astro is because she was pretty down on season 9, and I don't think she wanted to bring the thread down.

As soon as people start feeling uncomfortable - either for being too positive or too negative - we lose good people, good comments, and honest discussion about differing opinions. And really, I don't want to see that happen.

I haven't been able to rep people, either.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                I think part of the reason we lost Astro is because she was pretty down on season 9, and I don't think she wanted to bring the thread down.

As soon as people start feeling uncomfortable - either for being too positive or too negative - we lose good people, good comments, and honest discussion about differing opinions. And really, I don't want to see that happen.

I haven't been able to rep people, either.
                That's sad. I hate to think that peeps are uncomfortable. Now I'm <more> depressed!!!

We should try to bring all of those people back!

Comment

I went to the Farscape Con on Sunday and saw Ben Browder. One of the folks I was with has written up a good report and posted it on Pegasus Galaxy Forum - Ben was asked about working with Amanda and how he liked working on Stargate

Quote by Sam's Sister from Pegasus Galaxy
                  Here I got my turn to ask a question and I attempted to pry some spoilers out of him. He said “Can’t do it, never do it, I’m avidly opposed to giving spoilers…you’re talking to the wrong guy.” Then I asked him to comment on working with Amanda Tapping and he said “Amanda’s lovely…let’s talk about that” and he went on to talk about how great the cast and crew of Stargate are – that they’ve been doing this for eight years and are still making it interesting. They still seem to enjoy it and like being there. He praises the writers and producers, quipped that they aren’t as dysfunctional as the Farscape ones were, and that he is the new guy, so is learning the ropes as he goes along. “It’s probably a good lesson for me to learn.”

I was only at the con on Sunday due to some RL issues and was not able to attend on Saturday as I had planned. I did get to met SunKrux (Waves "HI"). I did have a good time at the con.

As for the whole Claudia being a regular next season and what does that mean for Sam. Well first off - many of you know that I was not happy with the character of Vala when we first saw her in S8's PU - in fact I thought PU was the worst episode of S8. She was okay for the first couple episodes of S9 - really really really did not like the character in The Ties That Bind - but I liked what I saw in The Powers That Be - so I do see potentional for the character later in S9 and into S10. What will happen in S10 - how much will Vala play in "A" stories and how much Sam will play in "A" stories, well it is to early to say for sure. Time will tell I'm not ready to give up on the show just yet. I will watch until I don't find any enjoyment it the show anymore. Sam and Vala together have potential - it is up to the writers to work the stories out to have them met there full potentional. Both Amanda and Claudia are fine actresses that can make both characters come to life and interact very well together if the writers write the stories. I'm not ready to give up and empty my glass yet -
                  My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

You should never feel guilty for thinking like you do! I love other people's input, and I love seeing different kinds of fans coming together to discuss how cool Sam/AT is. I don't think you should leave.

And until negative peeps (like myself) start telling you that you're WRONG (which will never happen), you should post in here all you want.

We've all got different opinions on the subject. That's what makes this thread great. Stick around and shed some light on the topic, OK!

Just remember that we're not always gonna agree on how full the glass is.

ON EDIT: *Throws poorly written and angsty Sam/Jack ship at AD*
                    Oh I didn't mean to say that people shouldn't voice their negative opinions. Of course everyone has a right to feel differently about something. I'm sorry if it came across that way. It just seemed that the negative was far outweighing the positive. I'd already had a pretty awful day and this thread is usually a pretty interesting, happy place. It's just depressing to see it take such a strongly negative tone.

Comment

A little Amanda flavoured cheer

sigpic

Comment

Oh thankyou Myrth! I needed a happy pic Well I have mixed feelings. I like season 9 so far (have only seen it up to the mid season break), and we really haven't had a chance to see what's going to happen with Sam, so I'm trying to stay positive. I used to have a habit of thinking the worst before I even knew what to expect (I.E. Sam leaving for season 10, etc.) so for now I'm just going to watch and see how things go.

As for Vala, I like how her character has grown, but so far I don't like the way Daniel is with her. I frankly don't like the way Daniel has been lately, I have a theory that his "attitude" is 1 part problems with Vala, 1 part Jack leaving, and 2 parts wanting to go to Atlantis. They should send Daniel there instead of Sam, but of course make sure that he comes back. I don't want to incur the wrath of the Daniel fans! Anyway, I'm kind of looking at the glass as a little less than half full, but I'm trying to keep an open mind.
                        Felger: At least my heroes exist. If this was a Trek convention you'd be all dressed up like a Klingon.
                        Coombs: Vulcan, Felger, Vulcan.

Comment

Been staying away for a bit as I've not seen any of S7-9 so can't comment on 'things'. I have been watching Atlantis on our Channel 5 though and I've quite enjoyed it -apart from Shepperd's voice which I'm not fond of for some reason!! If Sam/AT is to be over there for a while I shall look forward to it I think Have just splashed out on the S1 dvd set so I can catch up on what I've missed. Have finished my S2 revisit and have started on S6. *sigh* It's making me realise how much I miss Jonas
                          LizWhite.net

Comment

Originally posted by flippy18
                            Been staying away for a bit as I've not seen any of S7-9 so can't comment on 'things'. I have been watching Atlantis on our Channel 5 though and I've quite enjoyed it -apart from Shepperd's voice which I'm not fond of for some reason!! If Sam/AT is to be over there for a while I shall look forward to it I think Have just splashed out on the S1 dvd set so I can catch up on what I've missed. Have finished my S2 revisit and have started on S6. *sigh* It's making me realise how much I miss Jonas
                            (((((((flippy))))). You're not the only one. I miss Jonas very much too, I especially miss the little brother/ big sister thing he had going on with Sam.

I have one big issue with Vala being a regular character next year. How is it that it was impossible for SG1 to be a five man team back in season 7 and that it's suddenly fine now to add more regular characters ? Did they suddenly get an increased budget ?

Argh ! I don't want to be negative. Where's my season 6 DVD boxset ? I need some optimism. Hey, mini, AD and co, do you have room for me under the table ? I'm coming !
                            Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

i know that folks are a bit down, heck, i'm one of them, but we shouldn't let that ruin our thread

guys that aren't down, post. plaase, post your thoughts and opinions. folks that are negative, you can respond to them, but don't tear them down. post to agree adn to support, but not to refute.

and the opposite is true for the possies that want to respond to the neggies.

that way we're not arguing amongst ourselves but supporting each other.

and possies, talk to each other. i've posted a couple of tries to get things off the negative, but it's what folks want to talk about.

let's see if we can all get through this together huh?
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

and did you guys realize we're gonna hit post 22,000 this weekend/????
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X