No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friend of mine sent me this neat link which was fun. It tells you a lot about yourself (If you click on your "number" from numerology) once you do the profile. Naturally, having just visited Gateworld, I plunked in AT's birthday and this is what came up:

Originally posted by http://www.paulsadowski.com/birthday.asp
    The number 3 Life Path is one that emphasizes expression, sociability, and creativity as the lesson to be learned in this life. Here we are apt to find the entertainers of the world, bright, effervescent, sparkling people with very optimistic attitudes. A truly gifted 3 possesses the most exceptional creative skills, normally in the verbal realm, writing, speaking, acting, or similar endeavors. The lesson to be learned with a 3 life path is that of achievement through expression. The bright side of this path stresses harmony, beauty and pleasures; of sharing your creative talents with the world. Capturing your capability in creative self-expression is the highest level of attainment for this life path. The characteristics of the 3 are warmth and friendliness, a good conversationalist, social and open. A good conversationalist both from the standpoint of being a delight to listen to, but even more importantly, one who has the ability to listen to others. Accordingly, the life path 3 produces individuals who are always a welcome addition to any social situation and know how to make others feel at home. The creative imagination is present, if sometimes latent, as the 3 may not be moved to develop his talent. The approach to life tends to be exceedingly positive, however, and your disposition is almost surely sunny and open-hearted. You effectively cope with all of the many setbacks that occur in life and readily bounce back for more. It is usually easy for you to deal with problems because you can freely admit the existence of problems without letting them get you down. You have good manners and seem to be very conscious of other people's feelings and emotions. Life is generally lived to the fullest, often without much worry about tomorrow. You are not very good at handling money because of a general lack of concern about it. You spend it when you have it and don't when you don't.

On the negative side, a 3 may be so delighted with the joy of living that the life becomes frivolous and superficial. You may scatter your abilities and express little sense of purpose. The 3 can be an enigma, for no apparent reason you may become moody and tend to retreat. Escapist tendencies are not uncommon with the 3 life path, and you find it very hard to settle into one place or one position. Guard against being critical of others, impatient, intolerant, or overly optimistic.

Typically, the life path 3 gives an above-average ability in some art form. This can encompass painting, interior decorating, landscaping, crafts, writing, music, or the stage, or all of the above. You are apt to be a happy, inspired person, constantly seeking the stimuli of similar people. Your exuberant nature can take you far, especially if you are ever able to focus your energies and talents.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Spaz, very well reasoned. I think you're right. I also think it's hiatus time and contract negotiation time, and there are a lot more people spinning than usual "out there".

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
      So, am I the only one (sensitive ninny) who felt like JM was somewhat agreeing with the people who were talking crap about GW members?

I mean, I respect him for his diplomatic way of handling some of the oddball Sam questions, of course. That was nice.

But there was something about his tone... Something... I dunno. It kind of annoyed me. ESPECIALLY in the #56 post. "Blue murder..."

I've always looked at JM as a fair guy. He's human, and he probably has to deal with more hollywood bureaucracy than we care to know. Then, he has to deal with ungrateful and hyperactive fans. I respect him for what he does.

Yet I've got a couple questions about his post:

1.) If he TRULY believes we're overreacting, why hasn't he come up with an oh-so-clever and spoiler-free way of proving us wrong? He's a talented writer, so if it CAN be done, why doesn't he?

I'm left to assume that it simply can't be done.

2.) However, if deep down he believes that the VARIOUS fans of ALL persuasions (NOT JUST DEMANDAS) are right about this hinky business, but he's contractually unable to agree with us, why doesn't he just NOT address the issue? Why does he have to go all the way to the other side of the spectrum in a feeble effort of damage control? He, out of any of TPTB, ought to know that online fans are exceptionally good at reading snipe, snark, sarcasm and sh... crap.

It's rather unnecessary and tedious for everyone involved, and I can't help but feel like it's another one of those lovely games...

I wasn't around during The Season That Shall Not Be Named ( ), so I missed JM's reaction to all of the insanity then. I've read/heard that it was rather... condescending...

It feels like history is repeating itself, doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
        KUDOS! A female SG1 unit! That's hot, Agent_Dark, in more ways than one! Love that you've included a couple of well known but heretofore unrevisited characters and yet to be developed ones.

Just sayin', what a show that would be! *sigh* If Only. And on this my last post until I return home to my own computer!
        Hehe, they could kick major arse together

But somehow the chances of that SG1 happening are probably lower than any other variations possible.....

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
          Haha, there's a thread in the General Discussion called sgu???? where basically you make your dream SG team from any SG1 or SGA characters.
          Here's Mine
          AD, your suggestion was heard by TPTB. It took a bit of time to round up all the team members for their publicity photo. In fact, one of them had to travel from a galaxy far, far away and didn’t have time to dress in the appropriate BDUs. However, the photographer managed to assemble all six members and here’s the result.

They are a new team and Stargate Command has assigned a name in your honor. Click below to see your favorite team.

STARGATE: AD

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
            Friend of mine sent me this neat link which was fun. It tells you a lot about yourself (If you click on your "number" from numerology) once you do the profile. Naturally, having just visited Gateworld, I plunked in AT's birthday and this is what came up:
            Wow! That's so amazing -- it's AT down to a few paragraphs. Thanks for sharing this!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
              Wow, that is really strange because one of the things I've noticed about my daughter is that she seemed to have a personality very much like Amanda's. Very friendly/social, happy, outgoing. She is also very dramatic and she loves making up stories, acting out scenes for me, painting, playing the piano, ect and oddly enough, she also has a life number of 3. Very interesting indeed.

I, on the other hand, have a life number of 7.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                Wow, that is really strange because one of the things I've noticed about my daughter is that she seemed to have a personality very much like Amanda's. Very friendly/social, happy, outgoing. She is also very dramatic and she loves making up stories, acting out scenes for me, painting, playing the piano, ect and oddly enough, she also has a life number of 3. Very interesting indeed.

I, on the other hand, have a life number of 7.
                Anni's the one who sent me the link. She's an 11. I'm also a 3. There aren't a lot of numbers to choose from anyway.

mini

Comment

Well it's offical. CB will be joining the show as a full-time regular cast member.
                  Last edited by LaCroix; 21 November 2005, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
                    Well it's offical. CB will be joining the show as a full-time regular cast member.
                    Good for Claudia Black! I think she'll be an excellent addition to the cast.

And I guess that was pretty inevitable, right?

ON EDIT: And I stand firm behind the belief that radical Sam/AT fans should NOT blame CB for the stuff that's going on. I like Black. I only hope that together, she and Tapping can have some pull in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
                      I think I may be moving into the "watches Atlantis only" category. But I can't totally stop watching SG-1 if Sam is in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka
                        I think I may be moving into the "watches Atlantis only" category. But I can't totally stop watching SG-1 if Sam is in it.
                        Well... Evidently Amanda Tapping is considered a "regular" just like everybody else...

Though the definition of "regular" may be more fluid than we thought. I'm bracing myself.

Comment

Good for Claudia Black! I think she'll be an excellent addition to the cast.

And I guess that was pretty inevitable, right?
                          ya think??????? there was never a doubt in my mind

ON EDIT: And I stand firm behind the belief that radical Sam/AT fans should NOT blame CB for the stuff that's going on. I like Black. I only hope that together, she and Tapping can have some pull in the long run.
                          she, just like ben, are just doing thier jobs. and unless we hear that she's been given the abiilty to script all her own lines, design her own costumes adn edit the show, she's as much a victim of all this as we are

criticize vala as much as you like, but claudia stays out of it.

things could be very good - course they could suck swamp water too - we'll just have to wait and see.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Well... Evidently Amanda Tapping is considered a "regular" just like everybody else...

Though the definition of "regular" may be more fluid than we thought. I'm bracing myself.
                            She's a regular who's probably doing only 10 episodes (or so). At least I won't have to watch the other 10 she won't be in.

This totally ruined my day.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka
                              She's a regular who's probably doing only 10 episodes (or so). At least I won't have to watch the other 10 she won't be in.

This totally ruined my day.
                              Like Sky said, it could be good.

Even though they may have Sam in 10-15 eps of SG-1 and in Atlantis for 5-10 eps, the execs may have realized that it's not the BEST idea to mess with a good thing (or two, or three). The fan outcry wasn't just a bunch of Demandas and ignorant Atlantis fans screaming "blue murder." This was a wide variety of fans. Hopefully they saw that.

Maybe they'll see the potential for some Vala/Sam friendship action, and Sam will be fully utilized when she's on both series. Maybe Sam won't be as marginalized as Caldwell. Maybe she won't be seen as stepping on the toes of underdeveloped Atlantis characters. All of this has the potential to be saved.

But we all know how far mere potential goes, right?

If nothing changes between now and the start of production, and the suits still believe that what they're doing is in the best interest of the show, then the ratings will reflect how fantastic the series is doing. You never know. Maybe the folks at SciFi DO know what they're talking about.

I wouldn't be surprised either way. I just think it's a shame that the actors are being put in these situations, because they're suddenly so expendable now that the shows are run by two recently-merged high dollar corporations. It's not right.

Comment

it may not be that bad, and remember this, scifi/mgm/sony pushed Ben and his farscape connection, and they WILL do the same for claudia. Just because they are doing that isn't always representative of how the show will actually be.

right now SMS are in love with the farscape actors. will that love affiar last? who knows? maybe they're right and tweaking the show will be a fantastic thing. maybe they're wrong and the ratings will sink faster and farther than the titanic. again, only time will tell.

however, amanda agreed to sign on - presuming scifi's press release was right - so she can't have been too fussed.

am i thrilled about vala joining the cast? not really. the character will have to change a lot for me to be fond of her. but i also recognize the futility of letting it bug me. TPTB don't give a damn what i like and are little more than pawns of SMS' manpulations.

if you don't like the idea, write a letter and let SMS know how you feel.

however, as much as the valadictorians (some of them) and the danny ranters have had fun bashing amanda, we wont' tolerate anything here about claudia. we mean horrible Demandas will not sink to their level.

vala's fair game, just as sam is fair game...but the actresses will be kept out of it.

they're all just doign thier jobs and trying to make a living.
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X