No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here’s a tale of three pics and some totally worthless information. The first pic is from Heroes, Part 2 DVD. The second is from the S8 DVD episode opening credits and the third is from S9 second half opening credits courtesy of Sky One and cubby14.

Heroes, Part 2

S8 Opening Credits

S9 Second Half Opening Credits

Hmmm, might this indicate that for S9 (and beyond)

Somebody has continuity challenges.
    Somebody doesn’t care or know about SG-1 history.
    Somebody wants to re-write history.
    Somebody doesn’t know the difference between right and left.
    Somebody just plain goofed.

No wonder somebody doesn’t know Sam Carter’s direction for S10.

If you haven’t seen it, you can download the S9 opening credits from this post. It’s a large file (33 mb) and requires QuickTime.

S9 2nd Half Opening Credits Post

Comment

If I admit that I've never watched any of the eps more than once (a full time over - I've seen fragments during reruns or at the studio), would I be in trouble?

mini

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

I was going to watch the eps tonight, but found myself wandering around doing other things. I don't even like basketball all that much, but spent more time watching the broadcast of the local college game than Stargate.

On an amusing note, my partner, who doesn't even watch the show, caught the opening credits and asked, "Who is this Ben Browder, and why does he get top billing over Amanda Tapping?" Of course, she knows I love Sam, but I still had to smirk. I answered, "He's the new team leader." Her response was priceless. "What!? How stupid is that?"

From her mouth to TPTB's ears.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
          Here’s a tale of three pics and some totally worthless information. The first pic is from Heroes, Part 2 DVD. The second is from the S8 DVD episode opening credits and the third is from S9 second half opening credits courtesy of Sky One and cubby14.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92...n/Heroes-2.jpg
          Heroes, Part 2

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92...S8-Credits.jpg
          S8 Opening Credits

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92...S9-Credits.jpg
          S9 Second Half Opening Credits

Hmmm, might this indicate that for S9 (and beyond)

Somebody has continuity challenges.
          Somebody doesn’t care or know about SG-1 history.
          Somebody wants to re-write history.
          Somebody doesn’t know the difference between right and left.
          Somebody just plain goofed.

No wonder somebody doesn’t know Sam Carter’s direction for S10.

If you haven’t seen it, you can download the S9 opening credits from this post. It’s a large file (33 mb) and requires QuickTime.

S9 2nd Half Opening Credits Post
          Oy. I hate it when people mirror things. That's just stupid.

Now, I'd like to go with F: all of the above, but it has more to do with the eps and the usage of the characters. How would you rate the opening credits this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
            I was going to watch the eps tonight, but found myself wandering around doing other things. I don't even like basketball all that much, but spent more time watching the broadcast of the local college game than Stargate.

On an amusing note, my partner, who doesn't even watch the show, caught the opening credits and asked, "Who is this Ben Browder, and why does he get top billing over Amanda Tapping?" Of course, she knows I love Sam, but I still had to smirk. I answered, "He's the new team leader." Her response was priceless. "What!? How stupid is that?"

From her mouth to TPTB's ears.
            *dies*

I know this may be considered overreacting, but... It kills me every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
              Oh I'm not too sure about a good career move for AT. Depends on her exposure. If she isn't a lead in either show I think she will be detrimented. I'm more wary of her taking a lead role in Atlantis - I don't think they can create enough air time on Atlantis to give her a significant role without reducing the current cast's air time. Why rock the boat. She is loved as Sam Carter in SG1. From what MS has said Sony is determined that a core of 4 actors will not dominate the show - so it bodes bad for all of them I think. MS may actually not be all that enamoured with playing Vala's stooge. He may have prefered the writers to increase his storyline with other actors - Teal'c/ Sam or Mitch for instance.

where did you hear this?

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                *dies*

I know this may be considered overreacting, but... It kills me every time.
                Well you know us crazy, overreacting Sam fans...just a bunch of "demandas" who actually want the storylines to make sense, the characters to interact like they care about each other after a decade or so of being like a family and watching each other's sixes...and for, you know, requiring a logical reason why Sam, who trained for the position as team leader for 7 years and was the leader for the 8th, has been shuffled to the side for a "hero" pilot with a slick resume and zero offworld experience.

Yup. Just a bunch of overreactors who apparently aren't getting all our memos instructing us to appreciate the "new and improved" Stargate SG-Whatever.

Or at least "one might assume so." (oy...don't get me started on that again...)
                Last edited by Uber; 19 November 2005, 12:23 AM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

add me to the 'sg1 only' list.

sally

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                  For my own interest I asked a few pages back who is watching Atlantis? I know very little about the show. I thought if Sam was going to be making an appearance I might need to catch up. I watched a few episodes last year and I haven't watched any this season. Some of you think it's better then SG-1 right now. Others of you just watch when you can. So for the unofficial Atlantis Watching Poll

Watches SG-1 and Atlantis
                  Suzotchka
                  minigeek
                  Jckfan55
                  Chocdoc
                  ChopinGal
                  Skydiver
                  KatG
                  Strix varia
                  Dark Queen1
                  AGateFan
                  NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                  AgentDark
                  ÜberSG-1Fan
                  LaCroix
                  the dancer of spaz
                  SG1Poz
                  ChevronSeven

SG-1 Only
                  Ann_Sgcfan - seems I may be missing out
                  1speed4Sam
                  Myrth
                  Forever SG-1

Atlantis Only
                  Parsifal

Forgive me if you responded and I missed your vote.
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

I watch both shows but for the first time ever this year i've taped each show and gone and done somthing else.
                    When i've watched SG1 later i've found myself fast fordwarding the Vala parts and thinking i really don't want to hear more of your story thankyou very much i want to find out more about "the new guy!" STILL WAITING!!

Atlantis, well i'm afraid only McKay has made an impact on me and as for Sam going over to Atlantis smashing for one or two stories but why would tptb want both "brains" in one place? makes no sense to me story wise and what about SG1 surely CM would need a 2inC while Sam was over in Atlantis?!

Tara shaking her head>>>feeling a headace coming on!
                    ......TARA......

Comment

spoilers for s9's avalon(s)

Originally posted by AGateFan
                      Interesting.
                      In response to the "what episodes he would like to change" question he answered "To be perfectly honest, there are a good number of episodes I'd love to change.". Skydiver followed up with "Care to share which ones???" To which he answered.

So, since we have only seen 10 eps of season 9 so far... does that mean he thinks 1/2 of them are crp? Or is that 4 out of 20?

BTW looking back on S1... I dont think I could pick 7 out that I would change.
                      In fact I would change more in S7, S8, S9 then all the previous seasons put together... if it was me.
                      i just went back through the seasons/eps of stargate. here's my list of eps i don't ever want to see again.

brief candle
                      hathor
                      abyss
                      fragile balance
                      chimera
                      affinity
                      origin
                      he ties that bind
                      the powers that be

the only reason i didn't include avalon parts one and two was the i liked the mitchell character stuff in the first eps. wait. i liked it *before* he went out with the team, but as soon as he got with them (like when they went to the cave and mitchell yelled at teal'c about bullets bouncing), he started acting snarky and losing me. but i still can't include the 'avalons' because of the mitchell stuff.

all these eps had things that made me cringe (for different reasons), so they're on my list of 'never to watch again' eps.

i'd really like to know joe's list.

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Ann

Up till last night I had watched only SG1 - but by pure chance when I was flicking through my 5 channels, trying to find something interesting, there was an Atlantis ep just starting - so I watched. I think it was from the first season - though I'm not sure. It was very watchable though as it is only one show can't formulate too much of an opinion.

I did like MCKay's snark though - the best thing about MacKay is that his humour is totally non discrimatory - he snarks at everyone. I also liked Tayla, though some of her outfits are needlessly revealing (I've lead a very sheltered life) I was dispointed that a few people seemd to have a go at EWeir and she didn't seem to put them in their place so didn't give the impression of being a really strong leader. It has a different feel from SG1 and I'm not too sure how Sam would fit into the mix or how much she could offer - but who knows what is going on behind the scenes. Maybe some of the Atlantis cast are ready to leave after another season?

I like to watch these things from the beginning, so will probably not watch any more until the dvd's are reduced in a sale!!

Comment

For those of you wondering where the info about Sony not caring about the 4 main characters is coming from, it was in a creation con report. You can find the link to the report in this post

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=21647

The whole report is rather enlightening but doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.
                          sigpic

Comment

UPDATE

For my own interest I asked a few pages back who is watching Atlantis? I know very little about the show. I thought if Sam was going to be making an appearance I might need to catch up. I watched a few episodes last year and I haven't watched any this season. Some of you think it's better then SG-1 right now. Others of you just watch when you can. So for the unofficial Atlantis & SG-1 Watching Poll

Watches SG-1 and Atlantis
                            Suzotchka
                            minigeek
                            Jckfan55
                            Chocdoc
                            ChopinGal
                            Skydiver
                            KatG
                            Strix varia
                            Dark Queen1
                            AGateFan
                            NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                            AgentDark
                            ÜberSG-1Fan
                            LaCroix
                            the dancer of spaz
                            SG1Poz
                            ChevronSeven
                            tara3583
                            tsaxlady
                            Stargate Barbie

SG-1 Only
                            Ann_Sgcfan - seems I may be missing out (oh wait there are more friends joining me now)
                            1speed4Sam
                            Myrth
                            Forever SG-1
                            majorsal
                            Coley - although she may be watching more Atlantis in the future

Atlantis Only
                            Parsifal

Forgive me if you responded and I missed your vote.
                            Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 29 November 2005, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                              Ann

Up till last night I had watched only SG1 - but by pure chance when I was flicking through my 5 channels, trying to find something interesting, there was an Atlantis ep just starting - so I watched. I think it was from the first season - though I'm not sure. It was very watchable though as it is only one show can't formulate too much of an opinion.

I did like MCKay's snark though - the best thing about MacKay is that his humour is totally non discrimatory - he snarks at everyone. I also liked Tayla, though some of her outfits are needlessly revealing (I've lead a very sheltered life) I was dispointed that a few people seemd to have a go at EWeir and she didn't seem to put them in their place so didn't give the impression of being a really strong leader. It has a different feel from SG1 and I'm not too sure how Sam would fit into the mix or how much she could offer - but who knows what is going on behind the scenes. Maybe some of the Atlantis cast are ready to leave after another season?

I like to watch these things from the beginning, so will probably not watch any more until the dvd's are reduced in a sale!!
                              Just curious of what ep you saw (what the plot was). The show definitly picks up in the second half and Weir shows some strength in Storm\Eye and has a really good ep called Before I sleep... then she shows something good in the Siege too. I see lots of potential for her. She will never be a Samantha Carter but she may turn into a decent Hammond.

Teyla at least wears military gear when in the field. Looks like its a bit too big for her, which I find oddly amusing considering she does tend to wear cloths that look too small for her when off duty. Either way her cloths are still waaaayyy more classy then the crp they had Vala wearing. Anyway... this isnt an atlantis thread...

Carter is still the best female character on Stargate. Fraiser is still number two. But I wouldnt write off atlantis. Even though SG-1 seems to have lost its mind in the hands of RCC, Atlantis seems to be picking up steam under BW and MG. I would say maybe it is a good thing Sam crosses over. But thats what they want us to say.... its just like cooking a frog, they slowly turn up the heat and the next thing you know your cooked. Carter should stay on SG-1.
                              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Thanks Kat. Neat reading.
                                Originally posted by KatG
                                For those of you wondering where the info about Sony not caring about the 4 main characters is coming from, it was in a creation con report.
                                Interesting quote
                                Originally posted by Solutions' Michael Shanks Con Report
                                I asked whether he thinks Vala would have to change if she were a regular character on the show. He said he certainly thinks she would have to be toned down, and that the Daniel/Vala interaction would have to be toned down a little bit. Everyone is aware of that. It's fun to play with, but you can't have two people cooperating on the same team who go at each other like that all the time.

Hmm.

As an aside, I was reading that con report and thinking how DIFFERENT the actors are at cons; in terms of how they interrelate to their fans.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Working...
                                X