Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
    For my own interest I asked a few pages back who is watching Atlantis? I know very little about the show. I thought if Sam was going to be making an appearance I might need to catch up. I watched a few episodes last year and I haven't watched any this season. Some of you think it's better then SG-1 right now. Others of you just watch when you can. So for the unofficial Atlantis Watching Poll

Watches SG-1 and Atlantis
    Suzotchka
    minigeek
    Jckfan55
    Chocdoc
    ChopinGal
    Skydiver
    KatG
    Strix varia
    Dark Queen1
    AGateFan
    NowIWillDestroyAbydos
    AgentDark

SG-1 Only
    Ann_Sgcfan - seems I may be missing out
    1speed4Sam

Atlantis Only
    Parsifal

Forgive me if you responded and I missed your vote.

I watch both.

Comment

Nothing much to add tonight
      No clever words to ease Sam's plight
      Where she'll be in Season Ten
      Is in the hands of a few powerful men

So rather than bemoan her fate
      All we can do is hope and wait
      That Sam comes back and looks real swell
      And that SG1, indeed, will gel ...

Here's a photo from the past
      Wish that blissful moment got to last
      Sam looks happy, a very good sign
      May her future days be just as fine

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...Gal/SamCap.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
        Nothing much to add tonight
        No clever words to ease Sam's plight
        Where she'll be in Season Ten
        Is in the hands of a few powerful men

So rather than bemoan her fate
        All we can do is hope and wait
        That Sam comes back and looks real swell
        And that SG1, indeed, will gel ...

Here's a photo from the past
        Wish that blissful moment got to last
        Sam looks happy, a very good sign
        May her future days be just as fine

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...Gal/SamCap.jpg

I love that! I greened ya!

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
          Sorry, that was an "Uh-huh... " of agreement.

In fact, was it not me who coined the new title "SG-Gone" some time ago?
          I like that.

I have a new one too...Stargate SG-Whatever...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
            I watch Atlantis too, and quite enjoy it
            Me, too! Though I'm not as hardcore about it as I am SG-1, it has mass appeal to me, and I sympathize with the solo-Atlantis fans who are feeling threatened by the changes. I don't see how they could logically justify all of this ruckus that's being made, either.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
              Cool, I get to start a new category. I watch Atlantis and have stopped watching SG-1.
              Oooh... If you don't mind me asking, why have YOU stopped watching?

I'd love to get the varying perspectives of people who don't watch anymore.

Comment

Originally Posted by ann_sgcfan
                For my own interest I asked a few pages back who is watching Atlantis? I know very little about the show. I thought if Sam was going to be making an appearance I might need to catch up. I watched a few episodes last year and I haven't watched any this season. Some of you think it's better then SG-1 right now. Others of you just watch when you can. So for the unofficial Atlantis Watching Poll

Watches SG-1 and Atlantis
                Suzotchka
                minigeek
                Jckfan55
                Chocdoc
                ChopinGal
                Skydiver
                KatG
                Strix varia
                Dark Queen1
                NowIWillDestroyAbydos (aka Abydos)

SG-1 Only
                Ann_Sgcfan - seems I may be missing out
                1speed4Sam

Forgive me if you responded and I missed your vote

Add me to the Atlantis crew please. I rather enjoy it more than Sg-1's season 9 so far. Lack of Sam, lack of interest. I also have to admit that Mckay cracks me up I can't wait to see Grace under Pressure
                Spoiler:
                with Sam and Mckay at each other again

Poz

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz

Here's my $0.02, but with a slight twist. I haven't stopped watching SG-1. But I've only watched the first-run episodes once. Whereas I used to watch the first run at 8, then the 2nd run at 11 and then the rerun during the breaks. The tone of the show is flat. Nothing is appealing to me anymore and frankly, I think TPTB think that I'm not smart enough to notice any differences. And I find that offensive. I am smart enough to know when something's out of whack. I am smart enough to know that the pace and karma of the show is flat. There was an old SciFi promo advertising season 8. It showed Jack with the voice over saying "The soul of SG-1 is lost." That is the truth. There's a lot of things that RDA brought to the program - humor, lightheartedness, fun. Add to that the quality factor that he and Michael Greenburg brought to the table. The producers would get notes from RDA (Big Boy as Dan Shea calls him), making suggestions and having things dropped (remember the Big Wrench?). The show flowed so smoothly. Did it drop a bit between seasons 6 - 8? Perhaps. I played catchup for the longest time, so I wasn't really aware of it. Just heard it via others. Season 9 is the SG-Who Cares? Hour.

As for Atlantis. I watch it, but haven't been invested in it. I don't see any ship because I find none and quite frankly, don't want to get burned again by these people. Duet was the best show of the season for me. I'd watch if Amanda was on it, but would be hoping against hope that it's Sam Carter doing what she does best. And not being reduced to window dressing.

So, I guess that's my $0.02 plus a penny more.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven[B
                    ]Here's my $0.02, but with a slight twist. I haven't stopped watching SG-1. But I've only watched the first-run episodes once. Whereas I used to watch the first run at 8, then the 2nd run at 11 and then the rerun during the breaks. The tone of the show is flat. Nothing is appealing to me anymore and frankly, I think TPTB think that I'm not smart enough to notice any differences. And I find that offensive.[/B] I am smart enough to know when something's out of whack. I am smart enough to know that the pace and karma of the show is flat. There was an old SciFi promo advertising season 8. It showed Jack with the voice over saying "The soul of SG-1 is lost." That is the truth. There's a lot of things that RDA brought to the program - humor, lightheartedness, fun. Add to that the quality factor that he and Michael Greenburg brought to the table. The producers would get notes from RDA (Big Boy as Dan Shea calls him), making suggestions and having things dropped (remember the Big Wrench?). The show flowed so smoothly. Did it drop a bit between seasons 6 - 8? Perhaps. I played catchup for the longest time, so I wasn't really aware of it. Just heard it via others. Season 9 is the SG-Who Cares? Hour.

As for Atlantis. I watch it, but haven't been invested in it. I don't see any ship because I find none and quite frankly, don't want to get burned again by these people. Duet was the best show of the season for me. I'd watch if Amanda was on it, but would be hoping against hope that it's Sam Carter doing what she does best. And not being reduced to window dressing.

So, I guess that's my $0.02 plus a penny more.
                    Nah. I'd round that up to a nickel, my friend. I totally understand.

And my viewing habits have changed as well. There was a pre-Beachhead Friday where I seriously almost Tivo-ed it and called it a night. And, for me, that is a big deal.

Normally I would behead anyone who dared to disrupt my viewing pleasure, however this season (both pre- and post-Beachhead), my family members ruled the room. And, if I felt so inclined, I'd rewatch the ep for things I missed.

It's very disturbing... But I totally understand why some people might leave, as sad as that is.

And I had no idea RDA made them lose the wrench. They always seemed so tickled by it...

Comment

And I had no idea RDA made them lose the wrench. They always seemed so tickled by it...
                      I believe in one scene, it wound up in the infirmary bed with Siler and Rick said enough.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                        I believe in one scene, it wound up in the infirmary bed with Siler and Rick said enough.
                        Wow... I had no idea.

So that's where the "bad blood" comes from... I see.

Comment

Briefly:

-lack of interest in and dislike of the new characters
                          -dislike of the storylines (what they've done to Jack, what've they've done to Sam, the Ori, Jaffa politics)
                          -accumulated contempt for TIIC for various reasons
                          -belief that the show was at a natural stopping point at the end of last season
                          -ill will over the fact that "Moebius", the last chance for a truly great episode with Jack, was an AU
                          -hatred of TIIC for not having a single iota of fortitude in being willing to resolve the ship after 8 years. Quite possibly never to be seen again. Not only that, but taunted with it in "Moebius"!
                          -nothing I've heard from the first half of the season excited me
                          -resentment that it'll be impossible to do a movie/mini-series now with just the original cast

Does that help? There's probably more, but I'll spare myself the frustration of thinking about it and you the tedium of reading it.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
                            Briefly:

-lack of interest in and dislike of the new characters
                            -dislike of the storylines (what they've done to Jack, what've they've done to Sam, the Ori, Jaffa politics)
                            -accumulated contempt of TIIC for various reasons
                            -belief that the show was at a natural stopping point at the end of last season
                            -ill will over the fact that "Moebius", the last chance for a truly great episode with Jack, was an AU
                            -hatred of TIIC for not having a single iota of fortitude in being willing to resolve the ship after 8 years. Quite possibly never to be seen again. Not only that, but taunted with it in "Moebius"!
                            -nothing I've heard from the first half of the season iexcited me
                            -resentment that it'll be impossible to do a movie/mini-series now with just the original cast

Does that help? There's probably more, but I'll spare myself the frustration of thinking about it and you the tedium of reading it.
                            Wow. Good reasons, I think. Again, I totally understand where you're coming from.

Comment

my viewing habits have changed too

last year, as in s8, i actually went out a few friday nights...and really didn't give a damn that i was missing the show...prior to this i got antsy if i wasn't home friday night to watch it first run so that i could get online and chat with folks

this year? i've seen the eps once, maybe caught the first re-run....stargate i think, or maybe half of it then i go to bed. no more staying up until they're all over for me.

and, while i did make myself dvd's of the eps in case i need to watch them for fic research, i have yet to re-watch ANY of the s9 eps.

i don' tlike vala, don't care for the lack of sam, the daniel/vala pairing really does nothing for me and teal'c is just as silent as he ever was (i do have to be fair, i am enjoying pissy vala annoyed daniel more than i do the chewing of the scenry like we got in lifeboat...but while i find it better i still don't find it intriguing enough to watch a time or three)...so i consider many of hte eps to be duds.

gone are the days like with deadman switch were i watched the first showing, rewound the tape, re-watched it during the other show then watched the later airing. ever since s7, watching any eps more than once is a rarity (i think death knell is the only one i've rewatched a couple of times...and that was for fic research)
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                my viewing habits have changed too

last year, as in s8, i actually went out a few friday nights...and really didn't give a damn that i was missing the show...prior to this i got antsy if i wasn't home friday night to watch it first run so that i could get online and chat with folks

this year? i've seen the eps once, maybe caught the first re-run....stargate i think, or maybe half of it then i go to bed. no more staying up until they're all over for me.

and, while i did make myself dvd's of the eps in case i need to watch them for fic research, i have yet to re-watch ANY of the s9 eps.

i don' tlike vala, don't care for the lack of sam, the daniel/vala pairing really does nothing for me and teal'c is just as silent as he ever was (i do have to be fair, i am enjoying pissy vala annoyed daniel more than i do the chewing of the scenry like we got in lifeboat...but while i find it better i still don't find it intriguing enough to watch a time or three)...so i consider many of hte eps to be duds.

gone are the days like with deadman switch were i watched the first showing, rewound the tape, re-watched it during the other show then watched the later airing. ever since s7, watching any eps more than once is a rarity (i think death knell is the only one i've rewatched a couple of times...and that was for fic research)
                                I have to say that Grace, Death Knell, TLC, New Order, Avatar, Reckoning, Threads and Moebius (wow, three two-parters and a 90-minute ep! ) made the seasons worth it.

Sheesh, I guess with eps like Reckoning, Threads and Moebius, S8 should've been the last season...

Comment

Working...
                                X