Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Suzotchka
    I agree with everything you said, dreamer.

I'm glad that AT is coming back, I just hope Sam keeps growing. I'd hate for Sam to be stuck traveling between Earth and Atlantis every episode.
    Working on the theory that PDL was right when he said the writers perceived of Sam as the most knowledgeable expert for most problems pertaining to the Stargate(s) on Earth and Atlantis, I tend to wonder if perhaps tptb haven't decided to intermingle the Ori story with the Ancient story in Atlantis; since the Ori
    Spoiler:
    are ultimately planning on destroying the Ancients
    it might stand to reason that tptp want to merge the two show universes by
    Spoiler:
    bringing the Ancient part of Atlantis' story into the Ori story that SG-1 is currently embroiled in - and their intended tie-between might end up being Carter (with Caldwell, etc).
    I wonder if they might be planning on leveraging Sam's abilities by making it imperrative that she do travel back/forth to Atlantis for those reasons. Just a thought.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
      I agree. Not only for Sam's sake but for Atlantis as well. If it becomes an easy "commute" what's the point of being in a different galaxy?
      True. Maybe the asgard will allow her to borrow one of their ships. Thor seems to be able to travel to Earth fairly quickly. Or maybe they finally get enough power to gate back and forth between the two galaxies. Although if that happens there would be more actors crossing over between the two shows. hmmm not sure how this is going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
        True. Maybe the asgard will allow her to borrow one of their ships. Thor seems to be able to travel to Earth fairly quickly. Or maybe they finally get enough power to gate back and forth between the two galaxies. Although if that happens there would be more actors crossing over between the two shows. hmmm not sure how this is going to happen.
        Oh don't worry. They'll make something up. Maybe Vala has a ticked off ex lover with a unlimited ZPM supply on some goa-uld-forsaken planet somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
          Working on the theory that PDL was right when he said the writers perceived of Sam as the most knowledgeable expert for most problems pertaining to the Stargate(s) on Earth and Atlantis, I tend to wonder if perhaps tptb haven't decided to intermingle the Ori story with the Ancient story in Atlantis; since the Ori
          Spoiler:
          Spoiler:
          bringing the Ancient part of Atlantis' story into the Ori story that SG-1 is currently embroiled in - and their intended tie-between might end up being Carter (with Caldwell, etc).
          I wonder if they might be planning on leveraging Sam's abilities by making it imperrative that she do travel back/forth to Atlantis for those reasons. Just a thought.
          Sorry, to me it still sounds like they are dumping her for a "fun" (aka sleazy) character and they are just trying to find ways to dump this great character in a way that is not so obvious. They want old time, like SG-1 with more subtle humor, fans to simply accept it so they spin it as a good thing. But if Carter is not a part of SG-1 and it is not AT's choice then in my opinion it is all just plain spin.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
            It appears Sony/MGM have finally come up with a replacement of disc 5 for the S8 DVD box set that has the shortened version of Threads.

See this post in the "Re: Threads cut version on Box Set" thread.
            Disc 5 replacement (Threads)

There is a bit of discussion in the thread about what folks will choose to mail as proof of purchase. The discussion begins at post #150 by Switch42...

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...t=18443&page=8

Oops.. old news. Sorry about that!
            An update to the required proof of purchase for the replacement of disc 5. Beliskner received a response from Sony and the info is here.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=160

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
              Sorry, to me it still sounds like they are dumping her for a "fun" (aka sleazy) character and they are just trying to find ways to dump this great character in a way that is not so obvious. They want old time, like SG-1 with more subtle humor, fans to simply accept it so they spin it as a good thing. But if Carter is not a part of SG-1 and it is not AT's choice then in my opinion it is all just plain spin.
              Don't apologize on my account. I'm not defending their decision, I'm sharing my thoughts on what their plan(s) might be for the future. I'm.....extrapolating; theorizing; wondering aloud (as it were).

Comment

Spoiler:
                Spoiler:

You may be right. I haven't really been following Atlantis this year so some of the new characters I'm not familiar with. Is Caldwell the ship captain?

I just wonder if TPTB are trying to bring more fan base to each show. I realize all of you watch SG-1, but how many of you watch Atlantis? I would be interested to know how many fans just watch SG-1 or Atlantis and not the other.

Comment

I actually watch both shows, although it didn't start out that way. I couldn't stand Atlantis in the beginning. But now I'm totally into it. Right now, it's SG-1that I'm starting not to like.

Comment

You may be right. I haven't really been following Atlantis this year so some of the new characters I'm not familiar with. Is Caldwell the ship captain?

I just wonder if TPTB are trying to bring more fan base to each show. I realize all of you watch SG-1, but how many of you watch Atlantis? I would be interested to know how many fans just watch SG-1 or Atlantis and not the other.
                    Caldwell is a Colonel played by Mitch Pileggi (sp?) - I call him SKINNER hehehe - anyway, he's a guy who wanted John Sheppard's job at Atlantis but was overuled (Weir has a soft spot for Johnny ). So he's got command of the Daedalus, which is an Asgard-enhanced ship with the ability to travel between galaxies (has it's own little muttering Asgard crew member too, pretty cute idea).

Comment

Here is another walk down memory lane.

SG-1: THE ACTION & ADVENTURE

Thanks, this was nice to open as I listened to the tunes on Samanda Radio!

Comment

I started watching Atlantis b/c it came on after SG1. It's ok, but I'm not heartbroken if I miss an episode. I don't tape them for posterity.

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Spoiler:

I like your attempt here, minigeek.

I doubt this will make anyone feel better, but I do remember in an interview with AT and David Hewlett in the SciFi Magazine of December 2004, that AT or DH mentioned that Sam was supposed to crossover to Atlantis in the beginning of season 2, but AT was pregnant, so that story was nixed once there was news of AT being pregnant. So, I'm only guessing here, but maybe TPTB have been thinking for awhile about a story for Atlantis that for some reason needs Sam in it. Now, I would assume that this meant at the time only a 1-3 episode arc in Atlantis. Now if the rumor is true that Sam would be split equally between the two shows--that seems like a different plan, but it is interesting that there was some kind of plan in the works for Sam to go to Atlantis (not just in McKay's head) in the beginning of season 2. I hope JM clarifies the situation. At least then we could get a better sense of what is going on.

I"m just sorry that the actresses are put on the spot---why is this so, while the actors just go merrily along? Why not be thinking that if Vala comes along, let her replace Teal'c or Mitchell? I don't want that -- I'm just saying why do the actresses have to be in this situation and not the actors? Oh yeah, I forgot, the actresses really do need to take up golf (or hockey).

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                            I started watching Atlantis b/c it came on after SG1. It's ok, but I'm not heartbroken if I miss an episode. I don't tape them for posterity.

I'm sort of the same way, but I have begun to enjoy Atlantis a little bit. I personally would enjoy Atlantis much more if Sam were on it because I don't really find any of the other characters that compelling. But I did think that SGA had better stories than SG-1 for the first few episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                              Most of S9 has been a spin hasn't it? From the very beginning TPTB were constant praising and gushing about this great new season. Now we are half way through and there seems to be a lot that disagree with them and they don't really get it. I too worry they are using this as an excuse to downplay Sam's time on SG-1. Are they trying to do away with the leadership issue? Are they dumbing down the show so Sam's expertise and brilliance isn't needed full time on SG-1? Are they trying to add more fans to Atlantis so that if/when SG-1 is canceled TPTB will still have a job? However, isn't Atlantis doing just as well in the ratings as SG-1? Honestly I don't watch Atlantis, but if AT is going to be on there then I will watch. Although, I'm not big on the McKay/Sam interaction all the time. It's funny at times, but not every show. McKay tends to get on my nerves after a while sorry McKay fans.

Comment

Most of S9 has been a spin hasn't it? From the very beginning TPTB were constant praising and gushing about this great new season. Now we are half way through and there seems to be a lot that disagree with them and they don't really get it. I too worry they are using this as an excuse to downplay Sam's time on SG-1. Are they trying to do away with the leadership issue? Are they dumbing down the show so Sam's expertise and brilliance isn't needed full time on SG-1? Are they trying to add more fans to Atlantis so that if/when SG-1 is canceled TPTB will still have a job? However, isn't Atlantis doing just as well in the ratings as SG-1? Honestly I don't watch Atlantis, but if AT is going to be on there then I will watch. Although, I'm not big on the McKay/Sam interaction all the time. It's funny at times, but not every show. McKay tends to get on my nerves after a while sorry McKay fans.
                                Gaaah. That character is irritating as all... he** - which is the point, I know, but - Gaaaaaahhh!

Comment

Working...
                                X