No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey y'all. I just wanna say my mind is 100 % calm, back to work (not the current 80 %) when we know that Amanda signed her new contract for season 10. Now I hear from the posts here and interviews in General that it'll be allright, I'm just a bit worried. But I think, everything's gonna turn out alright. Yes Sam and Beckett conversations will be cool. Also the interaction with Weir. Two women organising, planning, great ! (Well that's my opinion, I don't know what they are actually are going to do, but I like it). When ya have Amanda in your cast, your movies are of Golden Quality. Well duh! with our sweet 'n so cute Angel Amanda on stage....

In the meanwhile, while we wait for more news regarding her contract news and spoilers for both shows in General, I'll keep lisenin' 2 Radio Samanda (great post there,Coley!).

Take care y'all, see ya soon.

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Well said Kat! Also I think your sig is great!

For those that love the new show then I am honestly glad you see something that I do not and you probably don't need to read any further.

It's frustrating for me as well. If I had not been a fan for so long then I don't think this year would have been so disappointing. I would have stopped watching like many that I introduced to the show. They happily watching other Friday night line ups now while I long for the great adventure, team chemistry, outer world exploration that captured my attention and imagination for one hour every Friday night in the past. Now I dread what I will see. I cringe at how they will turn my favorite show into a, as Kat said, "a shell that it once was".

It's also frustrating when TPTB say well at least their watching and hoping for something better. That keeps the ratings up and the suits happy. What about staying true to the show that was created? It's sad that they feel this is as great as the show as ever been. Really? Because as a long time fan I've never been more disappointed. So Why don't I stop watching and drowning the boards with my frustration? Because I once loved this show and I want it back! As a fan for so long I have every right to call TPTB bluff on how great they think it is. Just like all the fans that love this new show have a right to disagree with me. How much longer will I watch? Until I finally sigh in defeat and say okay you win. You apparently are not going to recreate the magic that I saw after watched for so long.

EDIT: please understand I'm hoping I'm wrong. I think AT, CJ, MS will do everything in thier power to make the show as great as it once was. I might end up loving the rest of S9 and S10. However, the more news I hear the more doubts I have.
      Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 17 November 2005, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
        The Oh Yea Times – Entertainment Page

Just when you thought you couldn’t get through another day. When you thought it couldn’t get any blacker, it’s back, despite no fan base at all, for a one off slot on Radio Samanda. The spectacular radio broadcasting failure – “The Accountant’s Turntable” will once more grace the airwaves with the RA’s own perfectly British and very wry music selection.

There is a veritable feast of tunes to brush lightly over your lobes and to remind us of the current topics of the land.

First off we have a selection paying homage to the GABIT event attended by a number of our Samandan’s – including the RA herself. So to kick off the show we have a fitting tributes to our very own Queen who set the tone of the event from her very first appearance on the Saturday Q&A session

This Will Make You Laugh – Natalie Cole

The Queen looked even younger in person than on screen, so what other disc can be spun apart from

Holding Back The Years – Simply Red

Our dear 1speed attended the event in search of something – it certainly wasn’t his sanity he found – but possibly:

Enlightenment – Van Morrison

The RA has revealed to a source that as always with her fans our Queen was a picture of happiness and fun. We all think

God Put A Smile On Your Face – Coldplay

The Queen’s input into the event was the same 100% enthusiasm with which she seems to approach all things in life

All Or Nothing At All – Diana Krall

Sadly the Samandan Four fell foul of less than respectful thread lurkers when posting the GABIT news report and what followed was

The Rumour – Paul Carrack

This development did have a positive side affect when the gateworld forum erupted in support for our Queen

Everybody’s Talkin’ – Nilsson

And the final disc in this section will be a thank you from all the attendees, to our revered Queen who always gives her all at fan events

Nobody Does It Better – Carly Simon

Since the event and the less than positive news about our favourite Sci Fi character Samanda has been alive with debate on the direction of the show. The boy Coop seems to have borne the brunt of our misgivings so the RA has put together a selection of songs just for the Man who could bring the whole show down. First off is little tribute to what our indignant RA would like to do with the Boy Coop given the chance.

“First off I’d like to rap my knuckles on his shiny bonce and shout”

Hello In There!” – Bette Midler.

Then I’d buy him a one way

Ticket To The Moon – ELO

Despite the fact our RA is furious at the moment and has got a firm hold of something she calls

My Winding Wheel – Ryan Adams

It is the paper’s view too that Rob may well be in a bit of hot water, if the show folds Stargate fans may well chase him to the end of the world. So even if he’s

Leaving On A Jet Plane – John Denver

He’d most certainly better

Hit The Ground Running – Tim Finn.

The last few months in his interviews he’s sure been projecting a certain opinion of himself

I’m The Man – Joe Jackson

Nothing’s more certain that when Claudia Black is on the scene The Boy Coop certainly achieves

A Rush Of Blood To The Head – Coldplay.

Our spirited Jester certainly has a dim view of the writer right now as well and thinks he's

Friends with the Devil – Counting Crows.

With all the hype and drool Rob seems to be lavishing on his new stars of the show one had just got to ask

Who’s Zooming Who? – Aretha Franklin.

Our head reporter certainly believes that Rob Cooper is standing on

Quicksand - Travis

We’ve all been speculating about what will be with our beloved SG1 and what will happen to our gallant gal Sam Carter. We have all wondered at some stage if the changes will eventually mean we will have to

Kiss This Thing Goodbye – Del Amitri

And if our Queen should jump ship now and go in search of the

Bright Lights – Matchbox 20

The Paper’s view is that the series with a reduced Sam Carter role is just

Dead In The Water – David Gray

It is sad to say that we think TPTB are just totally

Oblivious – Aztec Camera

We’ve all been aghast and upset that our Queen was in the dark about her character’s potential demotion and crossover into Atlantis and in fact at GABIT she joked how she was

The Last To Know – Del Amitri

And that it sure seems like

It’s a Man’s Man’s World – Bobby Womack

It is so sad that at present it seems

That’s The Way Of The World – Richard Tee

We all know on the thread that our queen is the proverbial

Natural Woman – Aretha Franklin

And we’ll follow her to

The End Of The Road – Me First and the Gimmie Gimmies

I hope our Queen knows we’re all

Writing To Reach You – Travis

And although we think after season 10 the sci fi news will be headlining

Another One Bites The Dust – Queen

We all know our Queen will go onward and upward because any production she will ever work on will be

Always Better With You – Paul Carrack

There’s no doubt our Queen has the talent to knock every actor off this planet. The viewing public better

Hold On Tight – ELO

We all know she is

Too MARVELOUS For Words - Frank Sinatra

So when she has gone from strength to strength and Rob Coop is left in writing wasteland thinking

Where Did I Go Wrong – Paul Carrack

In the Newspaper’s opinion is there’s only one thing our Queen should say to the Boy Coop:-

Peel Me A Grape – Diana Krall.

The last disc to be spun in this marathon is an important message to an actor we are all in awe of and a person we all admire. We’re all

Always Gonna Love You – Gary Moore

So Tune in tonight to Samandan Radio on the frequency – once is too often.
        Wow Coley! This is really good and so true!! I try to stay positive, but as my previous post would indicate I can't help but feel frustrated. Along with many others it would seem. Thanks for posting the great Smanadan Radio

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
          I read this and what caught my eye was the fact that RL seemed to "start stuttering" when answering this question. I suppose there is mutual admiration among the female actors on both sets - they all seem like really nice persons off-screen from all reports - but the addition of a lead figure into the opposite show has to make everyone wonder how much screen time/dialogue will be lost by the regulars.

Just what is really happening here? We know that this secret plan is under wraps in a vault located next to RC's office and it may take a special-ops team to break open and reveal THE TRUTH!!

Jack, where's Jack when we need him?!
          It looks like the Atlantis cast has been "briefed," but maybe they forgot to tell them that the fans have already caught wind of it. Maybe RL wasn't aware that it was out there already. MAYBE it's still in its beginning stages and can still be fixed.

*winces*

Maybe not. I think that, if the Atlantis cast is already aware of what's going on, it's in the bag. A done deal.

I feel bad that RL may have felt like she was put on the spot, and I don't blame Camy. It's an honest question. It just sucks that the network/studio/producers have put the "Little Brother" cast in such a bizare situation.

And Amanda. And Claudia. And Ben. And... The list goes on and on.

THE STUDIO may not care about what's going on with the show, but I'm sure the actors do. I just hope it doesn't divide the actors when it's all said and done.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
            It looks like the Atlantis cast has been "briefed," but maybe they forgot to tell them that the fans have already caught wind of it. Maybe RL wasn't aware that it was out there already. MAYBE it's still in its beginning stages and can still be fixed.

*winces*

Maybe not. I think that, if the Atlantis cast is already aware of what's going on, it's in the bag. A done deal.

I feel bad that RL may have felt like she was put on the spot, and I don't blame Camy. It's an honest question. It just sucks that the network/studio/producers have put the "Little Brother" cast in such a bizare situation.

And Amanda. And Claudia. And Ben. And... The list goes on and on.

THE STUDIO may not care about what's going on with the show, but I'm sure the actors do. I just hope it doesn't divide the actors when it's all said and done.
            I think you are correct DoS, I feel it is already a done deal as well.
            Honestly, I find it hard to believe that the actors on Atlantis hadn't all been contacted before Amanda as well. Granted all this with Amanda bothers me greatly, as do many of the stories we are hearing for the second half of season nine on both SG-1 and Atlantis.

But what bothers me more than anything is the fact that during the first half of the season, all we heard from the writers, producers, and Michael and Chris was how great this new season was going to be. How well the new cast was meshing together and how everyone was having such a great time. Everyone seemed so eager to jump on the band wagon for a season 10 and yet here we are going into the last half of season 9 and noone really appears as if they are in a big rush to re-sign for the new season. We have heard absolutely nothing regarding Chris resigning, Michael seems very slow to sign again, and we all have an idea of what they are planning to do with Amanda/Sam should she resign. It just seems to me that it's not really the happy-family-atmosphere as we've been lead to believe and I truly believe Sony/Scifi are very much to blame for it.
            Last edited by ForeverSg1; 17 November 2005, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
              I think you are correct DoS, I feel it is already a done deal as well. Honestly, I find it hard to believe that the actors on Atlantis hadn't all been contacted before Amanda as well. Granted all this with Amanda bothers me greatly, as do many of the stories we are hearing for the second half of season nine on both SG-1 and Atlantis.

But what bothers me more than anything is the fact that during the first half of the season, all we heard from the writers, producers, and Michael and Chris was how great this new season was going to be. How well the new cast was meshing together and how everyone was having such a great time. Everyone seemed so eager to jump on the band wagon for a season 10 and yet here we are going into the last half of season 9 and no one really appears as if they are in a big rush to re-sign for the new season. We have heard absolutely nothing regarding Chris resigning, Michael seems very slow to sign again, and we all have an idea of what they are planning to do with Amanda/Sam should she resign. It just seems to me that it's not really the happy-family-atmosphere as we've been lead to believe and I truly believe Sony/Scifi are very much to blame for it.
              Hmm, the missing hyphen may be telling the true story ... maybe the original cast is thinking about resigning, rather than re-signing! Freudian slip or not, I think you're on to something!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                The Oh Yea Times – Entertainment Page

Just when you thought you couldn’t get through another day. When you thought it couldn’t get any blacker, it’s back, despite no fan base at all, for a one off slot on Radio Samanda. The spectacular radio broadcasting failure – “The Accountant’s Turntable” will once more grace the airwaves with the RA’s own perfectly British and very wry music selection.

There is a veritable feast of tunes to brush lightly over your lobes and to remind us of the current topics of the land.

<<<< SNIP >>>>

So Tune in tonight to Samandan Radio on the frequency – once is too often.
                Dear Royal Accountant, Editor, Samandan DJ and Bartender,

You have given us the entertainment we are craving ... a chance to listen to our favourite Samandan tunes whilst sipping our sloe gin!

Perhaps our Royal Therapist, Lida, may also return to the kingdom to offer some crisis counseling as well. In fact, shouldst any of us fall off our bar stools, we can be grateful that Lida is also the Samandan physician-on-call as well.

If all else fails, our Royal Pharmacist, Lys, can provide an elixir of spiked blue jello which will help restore our good natures as we sing along to the tunes on "The Accountant's Turntable".

Be of good cheer, fellow Samandans ... all is not lost! Hope springs eternal in this humble heart and, besides, the obese damsel hath not yet entertained us with her final aria! That is, I have not yet heard her on Samandan Radio.

Courage!

Jester
                Last edited by ChopinGal; 17 November 2005, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
                  Thanks for the link. Nice to know AT is consistent in winning people over because she's so nice.

And to post a link to a single post, click on the post number, it will pull up that post, then just copy the url.
                  Thanks for that info! I should have looked it up for myself by now, but just hadn't gotten around to it.

Comment

Hi Everybody:

Real quick since I am quite busy in RL right now:

Switch42 posted an email from Sony regarding the Threads version in R1. Here is a link to the post: http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=150

Looks like the wait is finally over!

Take care everybody.

Peace and Love,
                    Dani

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

It appears Sony/MGM have finally come up with a replacement of disc 5 for the S8 DVD box set that has the shortened version of Threads.

See this post in the "Re: Threads cut version on Box Set" thread.
                      Disc 5 replacement (Threads)

There is a bit of discussion in the thread about what folks will choose to mail as proof of purchase. The discussion begins at post #150 by Switch42...

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...t=18443&page=8

Oops.. old news. Sorry about that!

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                        It appears Sony/MGM have finally come up with a replacement of disc 5 for the S8 DVD box set that has the shortened version of Threads.

See this post in the "Re: Threads cut version on Box Set" thread.
                        Disc 5 replacement (Threads)

There is a bit of discussion in the thread about what folks will choose to mail as proof of purchase. The discussion begins at post #150 by Switch42...

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...t=18443&page=8

Oops.. old news. Sorry about that!
                        LOL So the copy of the DVD master we had was the real one after all! I wonder who got fired....

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Here is another walk down memory lane.

SG-1: THE ACTION & ADVENTURE

Comment

I think every show Sam was in were great shows. I noticed her the very first show and it was Sam that kept me coming back for more SG-1. AT is a tremendous actress and does her part well. She can make you feel the laughter, the pain, and the joy in each episode. Her smile is very infectious and her eyes well they say it all. She shows support, and understanding for her friends that make you believe she cares. The way she plays being such a smart person is great. She doesn't put the others done or act like they are stupid. It is well done all around. As we go into season 9 now I look forward to her return and more great acting. Keep on enjoying the show everyone it is worth it. The new Anti - Sam movements are sad but they just don't appreciate good acting.

Comment

I agree with everything you said, dreamer.

I'm glad that AT is coming back, I just hope Sam keeps growing. I'd hate for Sam to be stuck traveling between Earth and Atlantis every episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka
                                I agree with everything you said, dreamer.

I'm glad that AT is coming back, I just hope Sam keeps growing. I'd hate for Sam to be stuck traveling between Earth and Atlantis every episode.
                                I agree. Not only for Sam's sake but for Atlantis as well. If it becomes an easy "commute" what's the point of being in a different galaxy?

Comment

Working...
                                X