No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a lo of the shippers do love bts simply because sam and jack do have soem time together, and it does suggest thier feelings. also, in the first draft, they were meant to be lovers - but that was written out.

as to amanda's reason for staying, you do have a point. she could be content with alesser role on a known quantity than to toss herself at the 'mercy' of another cast and crew
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      a lo of the shippers do love bts simply because sam and jack do have soem time together, and it does suggest thier feelings. also, in the first draft, they were meant to be lovers - but that was written out.

as to amanda's reason for staying, you do have a point. she could be content with alesser role on a known quantity than to toss herself at the 'mercy' of another cast and crew
      I may be wrong but I thought her press release said that she could possibly do both shows if they could work out the schedule becuase Whistler would be wrapping production when SG1 was starting production (but if they could not work out the schedule she would forgo Whistler and stick with SG1 only) so I am hoping that she can work out the schedule and do both shows and then I am hoping Whistler becomes a huge hit and she in turn hits the road for bigger and better things than a dying, dismantled SG1.

Comment

you're right. the main obstacle to Whistler is the scheduling.

i too think it'd be cool if she could work out both. and if the rumor that she was approached was true then it's possible that Whistler could try to work with her

and i agree, i'd love to see her do both and have some more of an alternative when SG ends

my comment was aimed at perhaps her choice for wanting to remain with SG to remain with the known quantity. she knows them, they know her. that familiarity may be something that she wants

sigpic

Comment

Skydiver wrote

and i agree, i'd love to see her do both and have some more of an alternative when SG ends

I would also love to see her do something else besides SG. (Found out I have Noggin on Sat). So I could see all sides of her acting ability.
          SG-1 isn't going to last that much longer and I'm hoping that, unlike so many actors, AT already has another project already in place.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
            Here is a thought I had in regard to why AT might be coming back to Stargate this year instead of taking the other series. Now granted she has said how much she loves working with the cast and crew, They are like her extended family, despite recent events.

She gets to take Olivia to work everyday. Therefore, allowing her to be a full time working mom. When the series starts next season Olivia will be one. Throughout the season Olivia will be learning to walk and talk. Chew solid foods. Her personality really starts to develop. As a mother I wouldn't want to miss all these firsts! If she stays at SG-1 then she'll be able to be a part of that and still have a career. Now as her career goes she still gains national recognition from the show. Her name and face is still out there once a week for potential jobs. It'll give her a chance to really start thinking about life beyond the gate. Whether that's producing, writing more shows for her comedy troupe, another series or movies. I'm sure with her still nursing Olivia she doesn't want to be too far away right now. Maybe next year will allow her more time to look for a suitable job, whether that's SG-1 or not.

EDIT: As frustrating as S9 has been and as scary as S10 appears to be, I thought I would send some positive vibes out there. I think AT will try as hard as she is capable of as an actress and not the writers/producers to make the best of it.
            I think you are 100% correct. The first two years of a child's life is so full of wonderful and exciting changes. They grow up so quickly and learn so much during this time that you miss out on a great deal if you are unable to be with them all the time. I'm sure Amanda is doing what she feels is best for her career and her family right now.
            Last edited by ForeverSg1; 14 November 2005, 05:23 PM.

Comment

which, you know, is probably why she's not fussed about how things could be playing out.

she's got another year's salary, if her role is cut back a bit, it just gives her more time with olivia and to look for and do other things

sigpic

Comment

which, you know, is probably why she's not fussed about how things could be playing out.

she's got another year's salary, if her role is cut back a bit, it just gives her more time with olivia and to look for and do other things
                She told us at GABIT that she had to first turn down the role with Christian Slater in The Foursome (not what you think - I believe it's actually about four guys on a golf course - Holy Hannah - oh the irony!) ... well, she said "no" because she did not want to cancel for a third time for the GABIT event. But, then, the film-shooting schedule changed and she got the part anyhow! I believe she was coming right back to begin that project. And then that TV movie-of-the-week thingie about a female detective and, hopefully, the role on Whistler. I believe that she plays a mother in Whistler ... of two young boys, one of whom dies in a skateboarding accident. I think she's a mother in Foursome also ... do we see a pattern here?

Warning label on Chopin's post: this is what I seem to remember hearing during the Q&A sessions. Can Kat or Coley or Tone back me up or correct my copy?! Again, all you reading this ... I'm trying to recall some of Amanda's statements ... but I could be wrong on some of this.

Comment

this does make sense. she's looking to get out, or looking towards the future and sees that the show won't go on forever...or if it does that she won't be a part of it, so she's setting herself up for something with a future.

losing sam - or the potential of - sucks but the possibility that she's moving 'onward and upward' is good enough for me

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
                    AAAaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!!

I fear you're right.

SPOILERS (Highlight below to read):
                    Twins - two Vala-sprogs: one good (salvation of the universe from the evil domination of the Ori and all that blather), one evil (embodiment and purveyor of ultimate evil and the domination of all sentient life by the Ori) - both puling, puking, and pooping, both too cute to be anything but slightly descended creations of the Ascended Ancients, one Alteran made, one Ori made, but - which is which? SG-1 must protect them both and solve the riddle of who's who and what's what before evil little Orikins solves it for them and destroys... something or another.
                    ooh, you know what that reminds me of ???? V. where the human girl had twins or something and teh baby was the key to killing all the lizards that were eating people
                    Yes, V is what I was thinking of too! And remember? They had voices like the Goa'uld!

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                      We were promissed a return to the good old days with Team exploration.
                      When do you think we will get that?

Mitchell, Carter, Daniel, Teal'c all working together, no one looking bad to make someone else look better. Solving problems, each doing their job.

And why would TPTB mess with this formula when this has been what has kept the show on for 8 years? Why do they want to pander to fans who never appreicated the show and dont buy the merchandise... just doesnt make sense.

Sam Carter is a great character. So was Jack O'Neill, Daniel Jackson and Teal'c and a host of the guest characters over the years. I knew it as soon (or shortley after) I met those characters. So far I do not have that feeling about any of the new guys\girls.
                      We were also promised that:

1. "Jack O'Neill will remain alive and large on the Stargate universe."

and

2. Phone calls between Sam & Jack.

Promises don't mean to some people what they mean to others. Just sayin'.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                        I've been thinking about Atteria and how else we might express our sympathy to her husband besides in our posts here. I don't remember who had his email address, but would it be possible to do something like a sympathy card from Samanda that could be sent to him? We could include the lovely poem that was posted, for example.
                        It certainly would be possible. I could be happy to create something if the citizens of the kingdom are in agreement. I've kept everyone's posts about her in a word doc, so they're readily available to me.

We could do something custom (a .pdf like the ship invitation, that would include all our comments and CG's lovely poem) or I could send him an online sympathy card from Hallmark.com.

What would you prefer? I could have a custom card ready for you to review by this weekend.

Comment

I can't claim I even recognized Atteria's name when I read it (I came a little too late into the Samandan fam? ) but from what I've read, she was a very beautiful person and I'm very sorry

As for the Vala/Sam sit. ....I've highlighted what views I think are especially important in blue, in favor of Sam

Sam: smart/brainy/resident-genius. Didn't Hammond argue when Col. Simmons (sorry - my spelling sucks) said, "He's the world's foremost expert on the Stargate" - "Next to Major Carter."

Vala: um...ok, she's funny, I'll give her that...SOME of the time. But what's with the Vala and Daniel Show? I feel like they're gagging me with Vala.

Sam: she keeps things in perspective. She doesn't try and act all "hi, I'm hot, let's jump in bed" with whatever random men she finds (and the fact that Vala's keen on Daniel doesn't help turn her my way either).

Vala: the best evidence I can think of that would correspond with my earlier Sam-fact is that little red outfit she wore in...I forget which epi (so sue me, lol ) but is it just me or did that look a little - hell, a LOT - non-Stargate-y? Koodos for Daniel for keeping his head out of the gutter

Sam: she's a scientist, a scholar, a soldier, and a darn good person too. Need I say more?

Vala: the only advantage Vala has over our wonderful Sam that I can think of is her way of seeing things in black and white. And at least she had the good sense to argue against letting that freakin' Gou'ald on base. But this also makes her rash and too quick to take action - thus making a bad desicion? I think Sam handles panic-situations better.

And of course, I'll never stop ranting about the Landry Mistake. And I can't get over how they have a father-daughter pair in the same chain of command...isn't that considered on the same page as the non-frats between officers? (glares pointedly at the thought of Sam/Jack not happening on screen).

Ack. I am forgetting that this isn't the Anti-S9 thread Well, everyone must've read my views ten times over already, so there's nothing new here lol.

Ultimately, if Sam leaves the show for good or it's going to be 1/2 with Atlantis...I'll give Stargate SG-1 a 90 - 10 chance of survival..

Just my 2c
                          -Miz
                          Last edited by Miz_Gatez; 14 November 2005, 07:43 PM.
                          - Miz

Proud Samandan (blue jello all the way!! )

Proud Anti-S9 Forumer (Pro-Original SG-1)

SG-1
                          Not your average world-saving squad!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                            Hey Sal, yes I can agree with what you have said. I can go with that interpretation

It just didn't ring true to the Sam we saw in seasons 1 to 6 - (apart from ascencion I guess). I always saw sam as being very happy with things apart from the fact she was in love with someone she couldn't have. No mention previously of it being an excuse to hide herself from hurt - I just didn't see that in Sam.
                            first off...

(((coley)))

just because i enjoy talking to you.

second (in answer to the highlighted part), neither did it. i was really curious on how they were going to explain sam's sudden desire for someone other than jack. i didn't want them to do this storyline, but at least *for me* it showed some support for sam looking outside jack o'neill's sandbox.

without this turning into a heavy ship discussion, i really can't think of another way they could have had sam turning to someone else without *years* of history being pushed to the back.

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                              I've been thinking about Atteria and how else we might express our sympathy to her husband besides in our posts here. I don't remember who had his email address, but would it be possible to do something like a sympathy card from Samanda that could be sent to him? We could include the lovely poem that was posted, for example.
                              i'd like to do something too.

last night, when i decided to go down memory lane and read atteria's posts... i made it to about the third post and started sobbing. just seeing her sigpic, and reading her words... it was a reflection of her soul, and i grieved for this beautiful person strongly.

whatever we could do, i'd like to be a part of it.

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

gabit peeps; did anyone see any NEW femme fatales pics? i think i heard they were supposed to have some pics for sale/be shown, but i wasn't sure if they were never-before-seen ones.

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X