Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    Today is special to me as the daughter of someone who served in the Air Force, with a brother in law who's retired Air Force, several cousins who are Marines...one of whom died in Operation: Desert Storm. So a big thank you goes out from me to all who wear the uniform, who give of themselves and serve most honorably their noble countries around the world.

Okay so it's Veterans Day in the US and Remembrance Day in Canada...is this day celebrated elsewhere too? GB? France? If so, what is this day called there?
    Thank you all for remembering what today is, and thank you to all our brave men and women serving now and in the past, for all our countries.

I do believe France celebrates today also, but I'll have to check.....I'm certain our French Samandans can correct me (and will .

I'm sorry I have been been remiss in posting here of late, but life has thrown me a few curves and it's getting harder to sit at the pc. I wanted a new camera for Christmas this year, but now I'm beginning to think a laptop might be a better choice.

I think of you all so frequently and miss reading your wonderful posts.

Hic Comitas Regit
    On fighting:
    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Back from the first playing of Taps at ceremonies today - still have the dust ceremonies to go - here is a little rememberance of those that serve Stargate Style

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Here’s a link to an article about Veteran’s Day/Remembrance Day/Armistice Day. Among other things it discusses the countries that observe the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month.

Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day

Thanks to all of you for your posts on this significant day. Too often in the past this day has just meant department stores sales, lack of mail delivery and maybe a day off from work. Your posts and tributes have reminded me of what is truly the important point of today and every day as we enjoy our freedom thanks to the vast number of people we never knew.

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
          Here’s a link to an article about Veteran’s Day/Remembrance Day/Armistice Day. Among other things it discusses the countries that observe the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month.

Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day

Thanks to all of you for your posts on this significant day. Too often in the past this day has just meant department stores sales, lack of mail delivery and maybe a day off from work. Your posts and tributes have reminded me of what is truly the important point of today and every day as we enjoy our freedom thanks to the vast number of people we never knew.
          As the daughter and granddaughter of former Navy men and the niece of an Army guy, I too want to say thanks for all the posts I've seen and a special thanks to my pop, who was gone most of my early childhood serving our country. He and his younger brother (the Army guy). My maternal grandfather was a Navy man and served his country well.

I'm thankful that more people nowadays are able to seperate the people from the wars they fight in for their countries. Some people are just born with the inate need/desire to serve their homeland. They should NEVER be treated badly or as second class citizens for giving up so much in order to protect, serve, and fight for freedoms we all tend to take for granted.

I love my pop, uncle and grandfather for what they did, even if it meant I didn't see them a lot until I was much older. Military folks ROCK!!!

*must remember to call her pop today
          sigpic
          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            Okay so it's Veterans Day in the US and Remembrance Day in Canada...is this day celebrated elsewhere too? GB? France? If so, what is this day called there?
            I would imagine so. It is the day/time of the end of World War I. In the US before WWII, it used to be called "Armistice Day" in remembrance of the time the shooting ended in WWI. The date was made Veterans' Day in the 1950s.

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
              Thank you all for remembering what today is, and thank you to all our brave men and women serving now and in the past, for all our countries.

I do believe France celebrates today also, but I'll have to check.....I'm certain our French Samandans can correct me (and will .

I'm sorry I have been been remiss in posting here of late, but life has thrown me a few curves and it's getting harder to sit at the pc. I wanted a new camera for Christmas this year, but now I'm beginning to think a laptop might be a better choice.

I think of you all so frequently and miss reading your wonderful posts.

Hic Comitas Regit
              Yes Lida, we celebrate today. The day is simply called Armistice or 11 Novembre.

It's a pleasure to sse you on this thread. ((((((Lida))))))
              Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

To bring all this (good) and serious talk about the armed services back to SG1, I have to wonder if the Air Force will be as supportive of this "new direction" SG1 is taking. I have a feeling if the early seasons of SG1 were like S9 has been, you'd never have had the cooperation of the AF.

Comment

Well, today, November the 11th is also a day we remember here in Belgium. I don't know the English word, but in Dutch we call it "Wapenstilstand" . A friend of me and myself, went to a remembrance for those who died during WO I today, who where from a local city. In Military gear (It's a group with comes together and we dress and have things from WO II, we have as patch the Airborne division). When I can I'll post some pictures OK?

And in one of our schoolbooks we stumbled about that poem about ''Flanders Fields".

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Originally posted by yowo
                    Don't forget to vote for our girl.
                    MSNBC.com
                    It List!
                    Lets take her to the top!
                    The It List was updated today. AT's off and Daniel Radcliffe is now on.
                    SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Originally posted by cafine_us
                      The It List was updated today. AT's off and Daniel Radcliffe is now on.
                      I don't get it! I voted at every opportunity! I demand a recount!

Comment

Originally posted by AmberMoon
                        Here, Here. And I think it has to do with Stargate and RDA being the famous one. But that's just me.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AmberMoon
                          Yeah, me too. Well, we all know that she is simply amazing, and we don't need a poll to tell us that!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Yeah, to be honest I really didn't think we had a chance to get her on the top, but I was hoping she'd stick around for at least a week. As much as I love Stargate, it's really not that popular of a show when you compare it to actors like Johnny Depp or the network shows.

It was really cool that Amanda was put on the IT list though, even if it were for only one week.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                              Yeah, to be honest I really didn't think we had a chance to get her on the top, but I was hoping she'd stick around for at least a week. As much as I love Stargate, it's really not that popular of a show when you compare it to actors like Johnny Depp or the network shows.

It was really cool that Amanda was put on the IT list though, even if it were for only one week.

Kat
                              Me too Kat, me too! At least we got her on the list....

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                                To bring all this (good) and serious talk about the armed services back to SG1, I have to wonder if the Air Force will be as supportive of this "new direction" SG1 is taking. I have a feeling if the early seasons of SG1 were like S9 has been, you'd never have had the cooperation of the AF.
                                You know, that's a really good point. Remember the ever-present AF advisor who had to approve hairstyles, uniforms, protocol, the commissary menu (just kidding!) ... I guess Vala managed to slip through in her abbreviated SGC BDUs or jacket or whatever because she isn't really considered a member of the USAF ... but what about respect for the uniform? Even the late-season cut-off t-shirts seemed a bit much at times ... hmm ... maybe there's a hidden AF rule that now allows "casual Fridays at the office"!

Comment

Working...
                                X