Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal
    a tuna hoagie What on earth's a hoagie - a monster butty?

Why not "pocks"?! You never really finished explaining that one.

Some things just aren't meant to be

Oh, and returning to topic, have you found any new magazine articles featuring Amanda?!

No new ones - we only just got the latest SG1 mag - with that annoying interview with the boy coop. Grrrrr!!

And I share your feelings about the first six seasons and all the beloved characters that we've lost!

In honour of Flippy watching season 2 I just watched Show and Tell again. The first time I have rewatched it. Not a very good ep, but a little bit of Soldier Sam kicking ritu butt. Bring back Kick A$$ Carter!!!
    over to you CG!

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch
      oooo, how do I get a button? I have one of the president stickers.
      Yes Jester. Pray do tell the thread just how you got hold of that button!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
        Yes Jester. Pray do tell the thread just how you got hold of that button!!
        Just as an aside, I can make whatever kinds of bumper stickers, banners, t-shirts, coffee cups, etc. that we want for our own use on Samanda...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
          Just as an aside, I can make whatever kinds of bumper stickers, banners, t-shirts, coffee cups, etc. that we want for our own use on Samanda...

Hey sounds great. So what would be the Samandan motif?

Comment

LOL that's awesome. An Oobur-made coffee mug! I want one!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

We can have/do/make whatever we want as long as it's not in violation of any trademark/copyright laws....

I for one would love to wear the graphic that minigeek designed...but it would have to be on a black tee for sure.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                We can have/do/make whatever we want as long as it's not in violation of any trademark/copyright laws....

I for one would love to wear the graphic that minigeek designed...but it would have to be on a black tee for sure.
                Which graphic? I designed a graphic?! lol Seriously, you can have whichever one you want. Feel free.

Comment

Just took a quick look at their website - aha! Baltimore area, not Wash DC, sounds intriguing ... the Inner Harbor is a beautiful venue for a con and the name "Shore Leave" sounds like it may be on the waterfront. Keep watching for more details!
                  I don't think it's on the waterfront since the hotel listed is the Hunt Valley Marriott, but it sounds appealing anyway. I've always wanted to visit the Baltimore aquarium, supposedly one of the best in the world. Hmmmmm....

My LJ

Comment

Oh, sally, but you'll always have this ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...l/IMG_0819.jpg

And, they did have a wedding cake! Here are a few more piccis that show other details of that scene ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...l/IMG_0765.jpg
                    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...l/IMG_0773.jpg
                    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...l/IMG_0766.jpg

It would have been great if more of this footage had somehow gotten used in the episode ... like Sam having a flashback of their wedding rather than just looking at the photo on the night table.

Hope I've brightened a few shipper hearts just now!
                    You did you did!!! Awwww.......

Comment

Sky ... I thought once you voted in a GW poll, you are automatically blocked out and can't vote again. Or ... is it all about adjusting your cookies again?!

I'm keeping away from my cookies ... I had a trojan worm last year that did serious damage to the PC and don't want to get too close to cookies, unless they come with warm milk on a chilly night!
                      You can vote as many times as you want if you clear your cookies. The forum was down for a few minutes the other day and I just sat there hitting refresh and watching option #1 increment up and up and up... someone was definitely spamming it.

I did a little spamming of my choice but then decided I don’t care nearly enough about those kind of polls as the vala fans do. I KNOW Sam is a great character; I don’t really have to try to convince anyone.

Vala is just a guest character on a show that is nearly in epilogue mode. IF she becomes full time the show will end soon afterward, not that it matters to many of the more aggressive CB fans, they just want to see her and don’t really like Stargate (they have said as much). So Stargate will end and the rabid CB fans will go on and be happy with her next show, leaving the fans of Stargate SG-1 "the team show" to shake their heads and wonder what train hit their show and why the Universe could be so cruel............. Too much?
                      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                        I don't think it's on the waterfront since the hotel listed is the Hunt Valley Marriott, but it sounds appealing anyway. I've always wanted to visit the Baltimore aquarium, supposedly one of the best in the world. Hmmmmm....
                        I've been there twice and my daughter had a mystical experience with a beluga whale ... stop LOL ... it was spooky, but that whale and dotter were communicating with each other! The belugas are the smaller whales, right?! Actually, isn't that a contradiction in terms ... is there such a thing as a "smaller whale"?!

Wow, AT and beluga whales in the same weekend! Can't get much better than that! (cough)

Comment

Wouldn't it be "hic comitas regit"?!

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                            Which graphic? I designed a graphic?! lol Seriously, you can have whichever one you want. Feel free.
                            mini, doesn't Uber mean the terrific vector you just showed us?! Wow, that would make quite a t-shirt! I think Mary Beth is on to something!

All proceeds could go to a scholarship fund for female sci-fi writers ... increasing the vanguard for future positions on television series which will take the role of a woman seriously and let future Sam Carters "be all that they can be"!

Am I babbling ... it's late, I'm still at work ... blood sugar levels are fluctuating ...

Comment

Wouldn't it be "hic comitas regit"?!
                              Is it comitas or comitatus in Latin?

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                                Is it comitas or comitatus in Latin?
                                Atteria and I researched this during the summer and I believe the correct nominative case is "comitas". I can always recheck though ...

Comment

Working...
                                X