Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
    Uhh, I dont think that poll means anything for the 'Vala over Sam' as the majority view... It means that alot of people like Vala. It doesn't mean they don't like Sam. If you look back through the polls, I think you'll find they all usually favour the positive options.

And I dare say there'd be alot more people who vote in that poll than those who participate on these forums or anywhere in the fandom.

I agree with you, Agent Dark. Liking Claudia Black as Vala does not mean not liking Sam. Also, the poll really asks about Claudia Black as Vala, not just about Vala per se, and I think alot of people do like CB, and so do I. And the results of all the polls tend to be positive. Sam's poll last week was very positive too in regard to her being on SG-1. And there were over 8,000 for Sam's and I doubt there were actually over 8,000 individuals voting!

The whole Sam situation is like a roller coaster for me. Some days I feel very optimistic, and other days I feel like, OMG what are they going to do with my favorite character!! We are definitely in a wait and see period as ChopinGal mentioned. IMO, if Sam is reduced in any way, we scream bloody murder! You can't take a character that has been an INTEGRAL member of the team, and sideline her, and expect people to sit on their hands, especially if the actress herself is back full-time. AT/Sam is a large part of why SG-1 has been so successful so far. I'm just hoping no sidelining for the characer occurs and things go well. We have to wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
      *blinks*

*rubs eyes*

*blinks*

*makes appointment with optician*

Funny 1s very funny!!

I'd actually like to think I'm the same cloths size as Amanda at the moment (certainly not 2010 size though), though she is 2" taller than I, so that puts it into perspective!
      Last edited by Coley; 10 November 2005, 09:34 AM.

Comment

okay I'm logged on in me lunch, though I'll have to go up town for me butties in a min!

Does anyone know what has happened to Qasim? He's not been around much lately. Has he forsaken us?

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
          sg-1fanintn way to go on 1,500 posts

Here are a few pictures to go with CG outfits pix.

Thanks, ts! These are great and the perfect compliment to what was on display at GABIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
            Ok, so if I read that right, Amanda is rumoured to be at an Aussie con next year?
            OMFG!!
            I can't verify the Australian con, but I seem to remember that Amanda announced at GABIT that she may commit to one USA con in July in Wash DC area. She mentioned that her attendance at cons will be more limited now that she has Olivia.

You should be able to pick up more news like this on the AT yahoo fanclub threads.
            Last edited by ChopinGal; 10 November 2005, 04:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
              Funny 1S very funny!!

I'd actually like to think I'm the same cloths size as Amanda at the moment (certainly not 2010 size though), though she is 2" taller than I, so that puts it into perspective!
              Wow, 1speed, Coley must be in a hurry ... as you escaped a snark attack!!

I do think you're the same size as Amanda, RA! The compression ratio from the shorter two inches just makes you a bit more ... ah ... let's say well-rounded. Ducks as jaffacakes are thrown across the pond!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                Furthermore, that new GW poll seriously feels like a stuffed ballot box.
                *sigh* The idea of Sam being a recurring depresses me to no end...

the poll is unbalanced. first of all, there's no 'we dont' want her' option and also, hey, you guys have been hitting the IT poll as many times a day as you can, you think the danny ranters and vala ranters haven't been doing the same for this one?????
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                  I would love it if Amanda went to Hollywood. Since she and RDA are both fans of "The West Wing," (and 4 other actors from Stargate have appeared) I would be thrilled to see them both on the show. Heck, should RDA ever want to develop anything again (TV, TV Movie, etc), it would be neat if the first woman he asked was Amanda. They have extraordinary chemistry.
                  Hear, hear ... sign me up for that bandwagon!!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                    so you don't think it'll become another 'pete, if you survive, i'll tell you everything' *and* 'you've survived pete, so here's everything you spied on me to know'....

sally
                    no. now bear in mind, i don't go looking for explicit spoilers, however i think it'll be more along the line of

they're stranded, alone, chat, he talks about the date (or whatever) he had and had to break and how she'll never understand and sam comiserated with him that she knows how it is. how she couldn't tell her dad even when he was on his death bed and that she had to get permission from her bosses to tell Pete
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      the poll is unbalanced. first of all, there's no 'we dont' want her' option and also, hey, you guys have been hitting the IT poll as many times a day as you can, you think the danny ranters and vala ranters haven't been doing the same for this one?????
                      Sky ... I thought once you voted in a GW poll, you are automatically blocked out and can't vote again. Or ... is it all about adjusting your cookies again?!

I'm keeping away from my cookies ... I had a trojan worm last year that did serious damage to the PC and don't want to get too close to cookies, unless they come with warm milk on a chilly night!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                        okay I'm logged on in me lunch, though I'll have to go up town for me butties in a min!

Does anyone know what has happened to Qasim? He's not been around much lately. Has he forsaken us?
                        To think I've just spent a long weekend with this woman, and still cannot understand her!!

Quiz: Does "going up town for me butties in a min" mean ...

a) Coley is traveling to main part of city in a mini-van to procure some buttered biscuits or buns?

b) Coley is about to go to another part of town to meet her buddies?

c) None of the above

And what about Qasim? Methinks the lad may be hunkered down with serious schoolwork now that he's returned to university.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                          To think I've just spent a long weekend with this woman, and still cannot understand her!!

Quiz: Does "going up town for me butties in a min" mean ...

a) Coley is traveling to main part of city in a mini-van to procure some buttered biscuits or buns?

b) Coley is about to go to another part of town to meet her buddies?

c) None of the above

It's a) but she's going to get some sandwiches Having just had a cuppasoup for my lunch I could murder a chip butty right now!
                          LizWhite.net

Comment

I can't verify the Australian con, but I seem to remember that Amanda announced at GABIT that she may commit to one USA con in July in Wash DC area. She mentioned that her attendance at cons will be more limited now that she has Olivia.

You should be able to pick up more news like this on the AT yahoo fanclub threads.
                            Yeah, I havn't heard any other info about it... But I'll take a rumour if it means AT may be coming down my way again!

Comment

Wow, 1speed, Coley must be in a hurry ... as you escaped a snark attack!!

I do think you're the same size as Amanda, RA! The compression ratio from the shorter two inches just makes you a bit more ... ah ... let's say well-rounded. Ducks as jaffacakes are thrown across the pond!
                              Oh you two have been reading at the Coley school of compliments haven't you!!

Comment

oh right back to work for me!

Comment

Working...
                                X