Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wanted to stop by and say howdy...

I'm having one of those icky episodes where I really get the feeling that we're right regarding Sam next season and I didn't want to post my doom and gloom here.

Furthermore, that new GW poll seriously feels like a stuffed ballot box. Almost everything I've read from SG-1 fans say that they like the idea of Vala, she has potential for depth but that she's too over the top. Most of them also wouldn't mind the idea of her as a recurring but reject the idea of her as a regular. Am I now to believe that this isn't how the majority of fans feel after all? That the Vala over Sam fans are actually the majority view after all? And what about contracts? Do we know anything further about whether or not CB's was for a recurring role or regular? Or Amanda's???

*sigh* The idea of Sam being a recurring depresses me to no end...

Needless to say I'm starting to dread the idea of watching what used to be my all time favorite show.

Maybe I should have steered clear from posting this evening after all.
    Last edited by Uber; 09 November 2005, 08:21 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I grow tired of RC and the other PTB’s constant commercials (interviews). Yes I am aware that the interview hasn’t been done recently, but just how long ago was it done? The fact that RC didn’t mention AT/ Sam in the interview is upsetting, especially if he was talking about the season 8 conclusion in any detail, which was written according to JM after their hiatus and AT’s return.. Now maybe there was an outline or something he could go by and if that is the case then it could have been while AT was on maternity leave. Maybe this is a sore spot for me, because like someone as already said RC is the one that doesn’t know where the Carter character is going. A little mention about AT/Sam coming back full time or great to have her back isn’t too much to ask for is it? I mean she has been there faithfully for 8 years. Now maybe the article doesn’t include everything he said in the interview. He may have said something about AT and it was left out (although if she had an interview in the same magazine you would think it would have been included). Maybe the nagging feeling I get from RC and TPTB isn’t accurate just really bad timing or luck on their part. They may adore AT or they may be taking advantage of their faithful dependant go to girl. I’m just a little leery after watching the first half of S9. So I react in a negative way. You’re right only time will tell. I hope my frustration and this nagging feeling is all for nothing and I end up loving S10.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
        Hmm, there's more than that
        Spoiler:
        And Sam gets to play 'adventurer' in the finale as well.
        OMG...
        Spoiler:

What if they do to HER what they did to VALA in Beachhead and make her fate ominous and unknown at the end of the episode?!?!??!

I'm becoming more and more of a doomsdayer, and I'm trying not to hyperventilate, but... Yipes. Yipes, yipes, yipes.

Just tryin' to prepare myself...

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
          Agreed. Because
          Spoiler:
          if Sam tells Mitchell she would have betrayed that confidence even without permission (though we'd never know for sure anyway), if Mitchell then does NOT betray it the same way, it affords his character more personal integrity than hers. It essentially makes him 'a more honorable' individual. And that would bite. It'd be yet another Carter-character-development sacrifice on the alter of someone's pathetic plot device.
          So I'm really hoping it doesn't go down like that, myself.

mini
          Aw, jeez. I couldn't agree more.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
            To get serious for a moment (just a moment, I promise!) ...

Coley has written some recent posts on this and she is feeling quite strongly about it ... the newest Stargate mag has interviews with both Amanda and Rob Cooper. In RC's interview, he doles out praise on all the main cast, especially the newbies, and also MS and CJ, but does not say anything at all about AT/Sam. I haven't had a chance to get the mag ... have any of you also read it? How do you feel about what seems to be another glaring omission of Sam?!
            that there's nothing to look forward to for sam/amanda and s/j ship in season 9 or 10???

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              i'm thinking that what we're likely to get in that eps is some nice cam/sam bonding. and the spoilers have one single line twisted and blown out of proportion.
              so you don't think it'll become another 'pete, if you survive, i'll tell you everything' *and* 'you've survived pete, so here's everything you spied on me to know'....

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                Yes, Coley and I wandered around the gray suit from "2010" and she admitted that I, of course, could easily fit into the Size 2-4 outfit but she, however, would have a much harder time ....

Now, if you believe that, I've got a bridge I want to sell you ....

How about believing this: I think Coley is actually the same size as Amanda! And, yes, Strix - they both have great legs!!!!!

BTW, my good Samandans - our Royal Accountant asked the Queen if she had ever hiked in Scotland and the answer was "no" but that she'd love to go one day. At that point, I had to reach out into the aisle and restrain RA from rushing onstage to present Amanda with a map, compass, and backpack! Luckily, I got to keep the backpack for myself!! Our royal bean counter is the goodwill ambassador of nature hikes, day treks into the wilderness, bouldering and climbing, mountain biking, and all things o-u-t-d-o-o-r! On the other hand, I am an expert on indoor plumbing, feng shui, and scholarly pursuits at a desk or desktop. The odd couple!
                *blinks*

*rubs eyes*

*blinks*

*makes appointment with optician*

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                  so you don't think it'll become another 'pete, if you survive, i'll tell you everything' *and* 'you've survived pete, so here's everything you spied on me to know'....

sally
                  Man... If they do one of those heart-to-hearts where it's like...

Sam: "Did you know I was engaged last year?"
                  Cam: "No. No, I didn't."
                  Sam: "Pete. He's a civilian. He happened upon a stake-out SG-1 was on, and saw way more than he should have."
                  Cam: "What'd he do?"
                  Sam: "Oh, he stuck around. And, luckily, General Hammond gave me permission to explain to him what he saw. I don't think our relationship would have survived it otherwise. But I can honestly say that, even if I hadn't been given clearance, I would have told him. He deserved to know."

Does this make sense to anybody? No? Well, then I guess that's the scene we should start preparing ourselves for over the next few weeks. Sorry. I'm a bit perturbed right now.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                    OMG...
                    Spoiler:

What if they do to HER what they did to VALA in Beachhead and make her fate ominous and unknown at the end of the episode?!?!??!

I'm becoming more and more of a doomsdayer, and I'm trying not to hyperventilate, but... Yipes. Yipes, yipes, yipes.

Just tryin' to prepare myself...
                    Please forgive me, this is a rant...

Well they better not do that! I am getting so stressed out over all this. I let it get to me. I'm afraid I don't keep up with every interview and article, so I don't know everything, but I'm hearing things that really worry me. That one GW poll about Sam on Atlantis got me stressing. I like Atlantis, but I don't think Sam belongs there, at least not full time. Are they really considering putting her on there full time, or was that just to see what people think?

I certainly don't want Sam to just be a recurring character. I got a scare before this season because there was a rumour going around that Amanda was only going to be in 4 eps. of 9th season. I think some people were confused and didn't realize that she would just be gone for 4 eps. (or how ever many it was). Anyway though, I never know what to think, but I don't want to dis-regard anything. The point to me is why should Sam be a recurring (or worse) character to make room for the new people?! I like Cameron and Vala, but they weren't there first.
                    Spoiler:
                    I was upset when I found out that Cameron was going to be the SG-1 leader because they never really gave Sam an oppurtunity to be a leader and now she is just moving aside. I know she is a nice person, but why didn't they have a scene or something asking her how she felt about it? Are they going to deal with that at all?

Originally posted by minigeek
                    Spoiler:
                    Sam tells Mitchell she would have betrayed that confidence even without permission (though we'd never know for sure anyway), if Mitchell then does NOT betray it the same way, it affords his character more personal integrity than hers. It essentially makes him 'a more honorable' individual. And that would bite. It'd be yet another Carter-character-development sacrifice on the alter of someone's pathetic plot device.
                    I think it's messed up to manipulate Sam's character like that just for another character's gain. Personally, I think they did that in "Menace". Ok, in "Urgo" (I know I just mentioned "Menace", bare with me.) Sam was the first one to notice that Urgo was acting "alive", but when Daniel says that Reese might think she's real, Sam is very quick to dismiss it and says she's just a machine. I think they just did that so all the focus could be on Daniel talking to Reese and trying to get through to her. The spoiler just made me think of that.

Ok, I guess I'm done now. Sorry about all that. I hope I'm just getting worked up.
                    Last edited by Gatergeek257; 10 November 2005, 05:26 AM.
                    Felger: At least my heroes exist. If this was a Trek convention you'd be all dressed up like a Klingon.
                    Coombs: Vulcan, Felger, Vulcan.

Comment

*lots of posts since I last looked!*

Having only seen up to the end of S6 I can't really comment on a lot of the things that have been posted - am a bit out of the loop. I'm quite intrigued as to what the S7 episodes will be like. Originally I stopped watching the show because I was so hacked off with the whole Jonas/Daniel, Janet, Hammond situations and all the fan wars and stuff didn't help. I watch the show to be entertained and for it to be fun, and it wasn't fun anymore. I guess I'm more of a fan of the actors[AT, RDA, CN, TR and DD] than of the show.
                      Recently some colleagues at work have started watching SG1 and came to chat to me about the episodes, and so I started rewatching from S3 onwards [picked that series because it has some of my favourite episodes] and realised that absence makes the heart grow fonder
                      I'll plough on with my rewatching [am on S2 at the moment and then leap to S6] and I'll probably carry on watching until the show doesn't entertain me anymore or I get really annoyed about something they've done to one of the characters [*wonders if she'll be able to get past Heroes Pt2*]

Apologies if this post makes absolutely no sense but I've been writing it for about 20 minutes now and kept getting interrupted - work always gets in the way of fun don't you find?
                      LizWhite.net

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch
                        It's often for sale on ebay. Many sellers on there take check/money order.
                        Sorry I didn't comment on your message before, I just saw it. Anyway, thanks. I didn't think about Ebay for some reason. Well I suppose it's because I usually want to rent movies I've never seen first, instead of buying them, but we're talking about Amanda here. I'd probably want to keep the movie, even if I didn't like it
                        Felger: At least my heroes exist. If this was a Trek convention you'd be all dressed up like a Klingon.
                        Coombs: Vulcan, Felger, Vulcan.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                          Furthermore, that new GW poll seriously feels like a stuffed ballot box. Almost everything I've read from SG-1 fans say that they like the idea of Vala, she has potential for depth but that she's too over the top. Most of them also wouldn't mind the idea of her as a recurring but reject the idea of her as a regular. Am I now to believe that this isn't how the majority of fans feel after all? That the Vala over Sam fans are actually the majority view after all?
                          Uhh, I dont think that poll means anything for the 'Vala over Sam' as the majority view... It means that alot of people like Vala. It doesn't mean they don't like Sam. If you look back through the polls, I think you'll find they all usually favour the positive options.

And I dare say there'd be alot more people who vote in that poll than those who participate on these forums or anywhere in the fandom.

Comment

www.freewebs.com/kirstin-sgc

My Sydney, Australia FSF 5 Nov 'O5 con Report
                            EQUINOX

Comment

Originally posted by Equinox
                              www.freewebs.com/kirstin-sgc

My Sydney, Australia FSF 5 Nov 'O5 con Report
                              Ok, so if I read that right, Amanda is rumoured to be at an Aussie con next year?
                              OMFG!!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                                On the MSN IT list.....causing an uproar on the internet.....methinks (and don't throw anything at me, please).....methinks it may be time our Queen ventured out to conquer a new kingdom.....HOLLYWOOD!!!!!!

She's being talked about and seen out a lot! Could some publicists be working behind the scene to find a new opportunity for her? Ya know.....she has.....(*coughs*).....friends.....in Hollywood. Close friends who probably want good things for her, and wouldn't want to see her disrespected......

Please don't throw anything at me! (runs to corner--hides behind recliner)
                                I would love it if Amanda went to Hollywood. Since she and RDA are both fans of "The West Wing," (and 4 other actors from Stargate have appeared) I would be thrilled to see them both on the show. Heck, should RDA ever want to develop anything again (TV, TV Movie, etc), it would be neat if the first woman he asked was Amanda. They have extraordinary chemistry.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X