• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
    Going from left to right:

1) Outfit from "2010" - Size 6
    2) Wedding dress from "Point of View" Size 8
    3) Egyptian robe from "Moebius" - no real size 'cause it's a robe or Maternity size 8
    Yes, yes and no!! Just like Sg-1 faninTn, you went into the desert instead of the desert compound!! (Oh, mercy! I'm hot tonight!!)

Comment

Originally Posted by majorsal
      for anyone that went to gabit; did anyone remember what the top five fave things about rda were (as picked by amanda)?

(edited to add)

tops were:
      1- funny
      2- easy-going
      3- handsome
      4- gave great hugs
      5- ???

Originally posted by jckfan55
      I'd love to test #4.

Me too!! AT has also said that RDA is a great kisser ... now that is a theory I would like to test.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
        Yes, yes and no!! Just like Sg-1 faninTn, you went into the desert instead of the desert compound!! (Oh, mercy! I'm hot tonight!!)
        Yeah. After I posted you posted the answer that it was from Seth. Sure doesn't look like it though, despite the no flash.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
          Me too!! AT has also said that RDA is a great kisser ... now that is a theory I would like to test.
          Get in line!
          sigpic

Comment

Let's play: Can you guess the dress size and the episode?!

Here are three of Sam's outfits which were on display at GABIT ... Coley and I have identified the one, but what about the other two?!

As you can tell, my lithe body would fit well in all three; however, it was a bit of a struggle for Royal Accountant to be accommodated ....

(Oh, I am so wicked tonight whilst my friend sleeps innocently across the pond!)
            Hmmm.

First I should mention this mental image that the above conjured, of our Royal Accountant waking up in the morning wondering why the figures she'd dreamed of all night had nothing to do with numbers...

Left to right:

Suit in an Aschen-influenced style from "2010"

Dr. Carter-O'Neill's wedding gown from the "Point of View" wedding-reception snapshot

Sam's Jaffa robe from "Family" sans the long, cream scarf woven in stripes that she wore over it? (this one's certainly the poser in the group!)
            ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
              Get in line!
              There's a line?

Also funny note. You sig at the time that I read it happened to be Jack and Alternate Sam kissing. Now that was an intense kiss. As said before AT has a great job!

Comment

Hello, Samanda! Flyin' in for a quick swoop. *waves to all*

Found an article that seems so apropos here, it's a view on women in power esp in the media! And just who might that remind me of? Wow, you guessed: Samantha Carter! Here's the link:

http://www.thenation.com/doc/20051114/pollitt

I hope you find it as interesting as I did. The parallels of AT/SC's situation at SGC/TPTB and this nicely done (and humorous) article are food for thought. Enjoy!

Just sayin', back when RL let's me.
                MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                sigpic
                Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by maryclaremcdade
                  hi sorry to post this wrong place but it is my birthday today
                  i am 26 today the 9th november

from mary-clare mcdade
                  thank you
                  Samanda can never be a wrong place ...
                  Welcome mary clare and
                  Happy Birthday Two Ewes
                  Happy Birthday Two Ewes
                  Happy Birthday dear newbie
                  Happy Birthday Two Ewes

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...nns0605028.jpg

"26", ah yes that was a very good year ....

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                    There's a line?

Also funny note. You sig at the time that I read it happened to be Jack and Alternate Sam kissing. Now that was an intense kiss. As said before AT has a great job!
                    It really was an intense kiss. Love it.

I hope that my Sam sig comes up in the rotation soon.

P.S. I'm watching CotG that's airing on Sci-Fi right now. Certainly makes me cherish my S1 DVD. They completely cut out the beginning where Sam and Jack meet for the first time.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
                      Hello, Samanda! Flyin' in for a quick swoop. *waves to all*

Found an article that seems so apropos here, it's a view on women in power esp in the media! And just who might that remind me of? Wow, you guessed: Samantha Carter! Here's the link:

http://www.thenation.com/doc/20051114/pollitt

I hope you find it as interesting as I did. The parallels of AT/SC's situation at SGC/TPTB and this nicely done (and humorous) article are food for thought. Enjoy!

Just sayin', back when RL let's me.
                      This was a well-written critique - thanks for putting up the link! I haven't seen the show yet, but I seem to recall its getting panned by some critics who thought it would fold in a couple weeks. So glad to see that it seems to be scoring some points!

Imagine that, "a thinking woman" in a leadership role! PTB ... are you paying attention?!

Comment

Let's play: Can you guess the dress size and the episode?!

Here are three of Sam's outfits which were on display at GABIT ... Coley and I have identified the one, but what about the other two?!

As you can tell, my lithe body would fit well in all three; however, it was a bit of a struggle for Royal Accountant to be accommodated ....

(Oh, I am so wicked tonight whilst my friend sleeps innocently across the pond!)
                        grey suit=2010
                        wedding dress = PoV wedding pic
                        get-up on the right=Seth. (see Seth's get up from GW's episodes pages - http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s3/graphics/302_04.jpg)

I was thinking Moebius 2 also for the right, but there it seemed to be just more draped fabric (http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s8/graphics/819_32.shtml). The button placat (is that what it's called?) appears to match perfectly Seth's outfit as do the wings on the hood...
                        Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                        My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

anyone wanna be insanely jealous???? i know the girl who bought the 2010 outfit.

and even worse, she fits it.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                            anyone wanna be insanely jealous???? i know the girl who bought the 2010 outfit.

Wow! I think Amanda is way, way taller than little tiny me. Even if I ever bought something like that, I'd never be able to wear it. You definitely made me one jealous girl!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

I couldn't wear that size, right now. Gain a few pounds over the many, many years.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                                Thanks for posting those links, flippy18! I enjoyed seeing them.

And ShimmeringStar, I'm all out of green jello right now, but I had to say,

WOW! Brilliant new sig!
                                Thanks! I haven't made a new sig in 2 months (though I really liked the mood of the last one of S&J) and around 10:30 last night I said Hmmmmm.... let's see what I can whip up this late in the evening....

Skimmed through the caps I haven't scrubbed yet & saw that one of Sam & a different cap the sun in the same season folder and said 'HHHhhhhmmmmm....' So by 11:30 p.m., after lots of inspiration and fun - a new sig. It's a keeper. (For a while... until the new sig bug strikes again! )

(pasting it up here for anyone who has sigs turned off)
                                Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                                My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Working...
                                X