Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
    Dipsofjazz congrats on your win in the AT contest! Also I love your Sig!!!!
    And you should hear her play the banjo! I kid you not! I've had the great good pleasure to hear dips with her jazz group and they are terrific musicians!

This woman does it all!

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
      you know, that is a little annoying and distracting.
      Oh I think it's very appropriate. So I will join in the fanfare and say

WAY TO GO BEV, KAT, MB, & ANYONE ELSE I FORGOT

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
        I just love your sig Kat

I agree with every word you said. Amanda was fantastic over the whole weekend. She is a consummate entertainer and a natural. Her wit is frighteningly quick and sharp, mischievous, but never mean. She is very down to earth, a great sport - oh and her mimicry is amazing. She can do an accent after listening to a couple of sentences.

I was just in front of you for the autographs, she had just come back from tending Olivia and I think she was exhausted and upset she had to leave Olivia. I said to her "You look exhausted" and she instantly flashed a smile and said "Oh I'm okay". She was very preoccupied though and I didn't like to say anything else. She needed a big hug and to be with Olivia, I felt pretty guilty that she was being pulled in 2 directions, but she was still there, signing autographs with a smile for her fans!!

From Kat's sig you can see she looks about 30 - she has the loveliest smile and she is so slim, I was taken aback.

We got to see a couple of costumes from the show at the legends stand. One was the outfit she wore in 2010 at the evening celebration they had. Well the suit was minute. I'm fairly slimmish (behave yourself 1speed) and a couple of inches smaller that Amanda and I tell you this thing was at least one size too small for me. We are talking seriously slim!!!

I will of course remember the event not just because of Amanda, but because of all the great people I got to meet, some of them all too briefly.
        Yes, Coley and I wandered around the gray suit from "2010" and she admitted that I, of course, could easily fit into the Size 2-4 outfit but she, however, would have a much harder time ....

Now, if you believe that, I've got a bridge I want to sell you ....

How about believing this: I think Coley is actually the same size as Amanda! And, yes, Strix - they both have great legs!!!!!

BTW, my good Samandans - our Royal Accountant asked the Queen if she had ever hiked in Scotland and the answer was "no" but that she'd love to go one day. At that point, I had to reach out into the aisle and restrain RA from rushing onstage to present Amanda with a map, compass, and backpack! Luckily, I got to keep the backpack for myself!! Our royal bean counter is the goodwill ambassador of nature hikes, day treks into the wilderness, bouldering and climbing, mountain biking, and all things o-u-t-d-o-o-r! On the other hand, I am an expert on indoor plumbing, feng shui, and scholarly pursuits at a desk or desktop. The odd couple!
        Last edited by ChopinGal; 09 November 2005, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by flippy18
          Becks from Gabit has posted over in the Gabit attendees thread a link to the official Gabit photos. Go check them out because there's some gorgeous photos there
          Thanks for posting those links, flippy18! I enjoyed seeing them.

And ShimmeringStar, I'm all out of green jello right now, but I had to say,

WOW! Brilliant new sig!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
            Hey there Samandans, a few more GABIT memories:

Okay, here's a photo of me with my favorite celebrity!
            http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...l/IMG_0813.jpg

The "thank you" is for all of us at this thread ... for the SaGC Collection and flowers and candy when she returned for S9!
            All I can say is WOW!!

WOW!!!!!

Comment

(sg-1fanintn notices she has made the last three posts to the thread.....and they weren't close together)

Hey! Where did everyone go?

Hello?????

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
              1speed...

I got your PM but I can't reply to it...I have no buttons underneath the message box. So I can type up a great reply...I just can't send it.

just shoot me an email if you could to my hotmail account...[email protected].
              Thank ya!!!!!!

(Loud gasp) Uh......uh, you......you didn't use the umlauts!

(Faints.....)
              Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 09 November 2005, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Let's play: Can you guess the dress size and the episode?!

Here are three of Sam's outfits which were on display at GABIT ... Coley and I have identified the one, but what about the other two?!

As you can tell, my lithe body would fit well in all three; however, it was a bit of a struggle for Royal Accountant to be accommodated ....

(Oh, I am so wicked tonight whilst my friend sleeps innocently across the pond!)

Comment

Here are three of Sam's outfits which were on display at GABIT ... Coley and I have identified the one, but what about the other two?!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...l/IMG_0764.jpg

As you can see, my lithe body would fit well in all three; however, it was a bit of a struggle for Royal Accountant to be accommodated ....

(Oh, I am so wicked tonight whilst my friend sleeps innocently across the pond!)
                  I think the one in the middle is the nightgown she was wearing when she woke up on the "farm" Fifth created in New Order. The third one is the right color to be the Moebius desert outfit, but just doesn't look like it. And it's too dark to be the robe from Seth.....so I'm stumped on that one!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                    (Loud gasp) Uh......uh, you......you didn't use the umlauts!

(Faints.....)
                    I know. I did try...but Hotmail wouldn't accept it!

*whimper*

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

BTW, my good Samandans - our Royal Accountant asked the Queen if she had ever hiked in Scotland and the answer was "no" but that she'd love to go one day. At that point, I had to reach out into the aisle and restrain RA from rushing onstage to present Amanda with a map, compass, and backpack! Luckily, I got to keep the backpack for myself!! Our royal bean counter is the goodwill ambassador of nature hikes, day treks into the wilderness, bouldering and climbing, mountain biking, and all things o-u-t-d-o-o-r! On the other hand, I am an expert on indoor plumbing, feng shui, and scholarly pursuits at a desk or desktop. The odd couple!
                      ROTFL.

Comment

Originally posted by flippy18
                        Becks from Gabit has posted over in the Gabit attendees thread a link to the official Gabit photos. Go check them out because there's some gorgeous photos there
                        Thanks flippy!

I'm LOL and kicking myself for turning around as Amanda did her model walk down the aisle ... I'm the purple blouse and back of head on the right side ... I must have just turned around to adjust my camera! She had everyone in stitches ... you can tell why Carol Burnett is one of her fave comediennes.

Hmm ... she also mentioned Ellen DeGeneres at one point and I wish Ellen would have Amanda on her show. That would be fun too!

Comment

As you can tell, my lithe body would fit well in all three; however, it was a bit of a struggle for Royal Accountant to be accommodated ....

The first one ... 2010??

2nd outfit ... Dr. Carter's Wedding dress in the famous wedding photo. ( I cheated I saw this picture in another forum)

3rd outfit ... Our Sam stuck in Egypt a long long long time ago or maybe it was Geeky Sam trying to rescue our Sam. Hmmm I dunno.

Comment

Going from left to right:

1) Outfit from "2010" - Size 6
                            2) Wedding dress from "Point of View" Size 8
                            3) Egyptian robe from "Moebius" - no real size 'cause it's a robe or Maternity size 8
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              for anyone that went to gabit; did anyone remember what the top five fave things about rda were (as picked by amanda)?

(edited to add)

tops were:
                              1- funny
                              2- easy-going
                              3- handsome
                              4- gave great hugs
                              5- ???

sally
                              I'd love to test #4.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                                I think the one in the middle is the nightgown she was wearing when she woke up on the "farm" Fifth created in New Order. The third one is the right color to be the Moebius desert outfit, but just doesn't look like it. And it's too dark to be the robe from Seth.....so I'm stumped on that one!
                                Aha! No to the nightgown; no to Moebius, but you're getting warmer on your third guess ... it is the robe from Seth!! I shot without a flash so the colors may seem darker.

Comment

Working...
                                X