Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just love your sig Kat

I agree with every word you said. Amanda was fantastic over the whole weekend. She is a consummate entertainer and a natural. Her wit is frighteningly quick and sharp, mischievous, but never mean. She is very down to earth, a great sport - oh and her mimicry is amazing. She can do an accent after listening to a couple of sentences.

I was just in front of you for the autographs, she had just come back from tending Olivia and I think she was exhausted and upset she had to leave Olivia. I said to her "You look exhausted" and she instantly flashed a smile and said "Oh I'm okay". She was very preoccupied though and I didn't like to say anything else. She needed a big hug and to be with Olivia, I felt pretty guilty that she was being pulled in 2 directions, but she was still there, signing autographs with a smile for her fans!!

From Kat's sig you can see she looks about 30 - she has the loveliest smile and she is so slim, I was taken aback.

We got to see a couple of costumes from the show at the legends stand. One was the outfit she wore in 2010 at the evening celebration they had. Well the suit was minute. I'm fairly slimmish (behave yourself 1speed) and a couple of inches smaller that Amanda and I tell you this thing was at least one size too small for me. We are talking seriously slim!!!

I will of course remember the event not just because of Amanda, but because of all the great people I got to meet, some of them all too briefly.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
      I so hope TPTB dont mess up and Carter is on SG-1 full time next year.
      She should be team lead, but I know that this will never happen because of current cultural biases. But at least keep her on the show full time. If they don't and they replace her with a caracature then I fail to see how this show can continue at the quality that it was.

Its sad, I love this show, really really love Stargate. I always feared for it when I found out it was moving to SleazeFi but after the last 3 years I had built up some hope that it would remain, if not the quality it was, at least still intelligent and decently entertaining. But if they continue their trend of disgardig good characters and start disgarding MAJOR characters then there is truely no hope.

If they get rid of Carter\AT then Teal'c\CJ better watch out. Because there is not enough for his character to do either an TPTB may want to move him out of the way to bring in someone who they think is "cooler" and "hotter" (god I dispise that word, its as if sci fi thinks that hotter actually means good sci fi considering how many times they said it in the lowdown).

This is a great post and I agree 100%
      I liked the fab four and I'm very sad that the show is moving away from that format. Looking back I guess TPTB never wanted Sam to lead, or they would have written her leading properly in season 8.
      Sam as the SG1 lead, Amanda as the lead actor works for me. Teal'c as the alien works for me, I'm amazed they messed up the natural progression of things.
      The 2 chaps I know who watch the show occasionally (excluding 1speed) who are older than I are actually not impressed with Vala either. They have said that a scantily dressed actor on a sci fi show is way off the mark! However a lot of younger chaps will disagree I'm sure

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
        What do you think of Sam over in Atlantis? Would you watch the show with Sam in it?

I am more of in a wait and see mode. If SG-1 becomes the Daniel/Vala show as it has been written so far in the first six episodes, it isn't SG-1, a team show, anymore. So I actually think it might be more painful to watch than not to watch. I do really like CB, but Vala only works for me in small doses. Unfortunately, I'm not finding Mitchell very interesting and I'm having a very hard time buying that he should be leader instead of Sam. It is just bad writing. To be honest, though, I probably would still watch SG-1 with Sam because I like AT that much.

I definitely would watch Sam in Atlantis because right now to me Atlantis is much truer to the Stargate show than SG-1 is. It has more of the team feel. Unfortunately, the two female characters have had the short end of the stick in terms of development though (gee what a surprise).

If SG-1 moves toward the lines of Prometheus Unbound and The Ties that Bind, I will cry! And if Vala actually joins the SG-1 team, any believability that remains goes out the window.
        I have not seen any Atlantis. I would watch Sam in Atlantis but that would be from an Amanda acting point of view. To me Sam belongs in SG1, and the leader of SG1 for that matter. Atlantis is doing okay how it is, would Sam Carter upset the balance? Would she make a significant contribution to the show? If not then it is a waste of a great character and a bit of an insult to a fantastic actor - who deserves to lead in SG1, not "fit in" between 2 shows

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
          Shouldn't that be "here's a photo of Amanda with her favourite celebrity"?
          1speed...

I got your PM but I can't reply to it...I have no buttons underneath the message box. So I can type up a great reply...I just can't send it.

just shoot me an email if you could to my hotmail [email protected].

Thank ya!!!!!!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

]
            Congrats Bev on your win in the AT contest!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
              What do you What do you think of Claudia Black as Vala Mal Doran so far?
              VOTES PERCENT
              She's perfect! Keep up the great work. 857 69 %
              I'd like her to be more toned down. 205 16 %
              I'd like her to be more off-the-wall. 27 2 %
              I'm not a fan. I watch in spite of her. 13 11 %
              I haven't seen her yet. 20 2 %
              TOTAL 1246 100.00 %

NC
              Nah... Think of it as a bunch of Sam fans attacking MSNBC every day. Slightly unreliable, but it gets the point across rather nicely.

There should be a poll that has just a few options:

Do you think Sam and Vala can be on the show together?

Yes, that'd be awesome
              No, it makes no sense
              I'm not sure

Oh, speaking of MSNBC... Maybe, if they see all of these freaks - er, fans - posting, it'll make them take a better/longer look at this "woman" and the show that's brought so much attention to their website.

But man, I wish it hadn't been so publicized in the Stargate world these days. I can totally see certain people purposely voting her at 5...
              Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 09 November 2005, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                Aww man, I totally missed this entire discussion about her favorite character being called 'Bitty'. If I had heard it I may have mentioned that it was my daughter's nickname when I gave her the gift from Kallesta.

I had intended on showing Amanda a video of my daughter at Gabit, but I never got around to it. I've shown a few of you already, but hopefully you won't mind me posting it up here. Big thanks to Uber for hosting my video. You'll have to ignore the poor editing as I'm still quite the newb at this sort of thing.

This just goes to show that Stargate fans come in all shapes and sizes, even 'bitty' ones. LoL

Stargate Dancer

Kat
                Ah, well, erm, how can I put this...

If you've not come across "Bitty" a la Little Britain, Kat, then it's probably a good job you didn't mention it - the cleaning bills would have been astronomical!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                  Ah, well, erm, how can I put this...

If you've not come across "Bitty" a la Little Britain, Kat, then it's probably a good job you didn't mention it - the cleaning bills would have been astronomical!!!
                  ROFL... yeah I got the impression that 'Bitty' a la Little Britian was quite different from the pictures I've seen of the characters thus far.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
                    ]
                    Congrats Bev on your win in the AT contest!
                    you know, that is a little annoying and distracting.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                      Is it January yet???????
                      There are a few episodes I can't wait for, and of course a few according to the spoilers I'm not looking forward to at all (never thought I would hear myself say that ... okay type that.)

By the way love your SIG!!

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                        But it was done in the spirit of fun and good wishes, so it's a very sweet gesture and we can live with the sparklies.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                          You think so? Thanks for sucking the fun out of my congratulations.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                            Hey there Samandans, a few more GABIT memories:

[snip]

Okay, here's a photo of me with my favorite celebrity!
                            http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...l/IMG_0813.jpg

The "thank you" is for all of us at this thread ... for the SaGC Collection and flowers and candy when she returned for S9!

Great photo ChopinGal!! Since she sighned it Thank you!!! It sounds like she was very appreciative of the flowers and candy you and the other Samanda members gave her and not to mention the RED Book!! I bet that will be a great reminder for a long time to come!!!

Comment

Dipsofjazz congrats on your win in the AT contest! Also I love your Sig!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

for anyone that went to gabit; did anyone remember what the top five fave things about rda were (as picked by amanda)?

tops were:
                                1- funny
                                2- easy-going
                                3- handsome
                                4- gave great hugs
                                5- ???

sally
                                Oh sal, poor sal ... you've been obsessing about this ever since the event ended! I think you may be in a Moebius loop ... and I'm trying hard to extricate you by supplying the final link ... however, I didn't take notes on this! Kat, Coley ... 1speed?! Anyone remember the fifth RDA quality?!

Maybe GABIT or some other fan will be releasing a transcript of all the sessions ... then we'll know the mystery answer! Hang in there!

Comment

Working...
                                X