No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost on page two!? Not for our girl Sam! Minigeek -- that picture is just fantastic...I have no math (vectors) or artistic abilities (um, drawing), so you've definitely got me impressed!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Hey there Samandans, a few more GABIT memories:

Amanda has a few favorite celebrities of her own. A French fan asked her about her favorite French actors and she had to think about this a bit but finally decided on Gerard Depardieu and Juliet Binoche. Johnny Depp just kept popping back into her answers and she'd like to have him at a dinner party along with Jodie Foster whom she admires for her smarts as well as her beauty. I think she would also ask Carol Burnett and Dawn French (Vicar of Dibley) to the same dinner party.

There is a Canadian or UK show called Little Britain and she's a great fan. I can't remember all she said about that as it wasn't familiar to me. She said she likes all the characters but especially Nana Bitty.

Someone brought up the humming scene in the elevator with RDA (Chimera) and she did ad lib with the Stargate theme because she didn't have time to learn the MacGyver theme. On first take, when she started humming "Stargate", she caught RDA completely off guard ... he turned to her and said something like "what the *$#@ are you doing?!" They had to shoot the scene a few times for things to calm down.

You can tell she really wants to direct again. She missed not having RDA to direct in Resurrection and, when asked what she would tell him to do as a director, she kidded that probably she'd say something like: "shut up, say your lines and stand on your mark!"

Oh, this was funny, if she could raid a celebrity's closet, whose would she choose? After much interaction from the audience, she decided on Elton John!

Okay, here's a photo of me with my favorite celebrity!
      http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...l/IMG_0813.jpg

The "thank you" is for all of us at this thread ... for the SaGC Collection and flowers and candy when she returned for S9!
      Last edited by ChopinGal; 09 November 2005, 05:24 AM.

Comment

mini geek, you are amazing! Terrific artwork on the vectors and can't wait to see your drawings/sketches of Amanda!

What a talented lady - you do it all - acting and artwork!! Thanks for sharing your gifts!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
          mini geek, you are amazing! Terrific artwork on the vectors and can't wait to see your drawings/sketches of Amanda!

What a talented lady - you do it all - acting and artwork!! Thanks for sharing your gifts!
          CG, you're a sweetie, that's so kind. Thank you! I haven't acted in anything for almost four years now, unfortunately, I do miss it on the one hand, on the other, I love the post world so much. I know I made the right choice. And who knows what the future might bring?!

On a bit of a tangent - don't know how many of you live around the Toronto Canada area but if you do, I hope some of you might have had a chance to come see one or more of the films in the first ever, first annual, Fantasay Worldwide International Film Festival. - http://www.fwifft.com/ - It's founder, Johanna Kern is a good friend of mine and I have a few friends showcasing some animated shorts as well. "El Pictor" is one. Unfortunately I was too busy with work to meet this year's submission deadlines, but I plan to co-direct a short piece for next year. Anyhow, it's definitely a neat little festival to keep an eye on; and it's not just Canadian, submissions and artists from all over the world are welcome, all walks of experience. Very cool, especially for sci-fi fans like usl!

mini

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

There is a Canadian or UK show called Little Britain and she's a great fan. I can't remember all she said about that as it wasn't familiar to me. She said she likes all the characters but especially Nana Bitty.
            It's a UK show You can find out more here. Starts it's new series in a week or two and they have a new character that they're introducing called Alan
            It's one of those shows that you either love, or wonder why on earth anyone watches it. I fall into the 'love it' camp, I'm particularly fond of my Marjorie Dawes talking mug

And a very nice photo it is too

MiniGeek - love those computer drawings, look forward to seeing your other sketches.
            LizWhite.net

Comment

The "thank you" is for all of us at this thread ... for the SaGC Collection and flowers and candy when she returned for S9!
              Shouldn't that be "here's a photo of Amanda with her favourite celebrity"?
              Last edited by 1speed4Sam; 09 November 2005, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                Shouldn't that be "here's a photo of Amanda with her favourite celebrity"?

Or is it a photo of Amanda with that woman who kept stalking her all weekend, and waving copies of her daughter's blog in her face?
                Laugh, awww be nice to CG...if it weren't for her persistance we wouldn't have any info about the book or the flowers. I admire CG and everyone else who had the nerve to really chat with Amanda. My poor little brain went all wacky every time I got close to her and I was sadly unable to remember any of the questions I had for her.

Besides CG was one of the lucky people who actually had the time to sit and briefly chat with Amanda, whereas many of the rest of us from Samanda( Gateworld ) were in the latter group of photoshoots and autographs; so by the time we got to see her she had already had a long day and unexpected events seemed to keep pushing things back later and later. I know I personally felt saddened for Amanda by the time I got my autograph and just got my things signed as quickly as possible.

I have to admit the entire weekend was a very surreal experience for me perhaps because this was my first con. I just remember everyone making comments about how wonderful things were and how laid back and easy-going the events had been. Even Amanda spoke about how well they[ the organizers ] had treated her and her family and I have to admit I had an amazing time. However, I just kept thinking about how much time Amanda spent with her fans during the weekend. It just seemed to be a non-stop rush from 9am to 6pm at night and she always seemed so geniunely eager to meet each new person and make sure they were having a good time. I just can't imagine how horribly tiring other conventions must be on the actors if Gabit was considered a walk in the park for her. In any case, my hat goes off to Amanda for spending the weekend with us. I had a wonderful time and can't wait till the next one.
                Last edited by ForeverSg1; 09 November 2005, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Just dropping by before I go home to say: Kat, loving the sig
                  LizWhite.net

Comment

Kat I LOVE your sig........

I cracked up in class and people were looking at me funny.......

*still laughing*

Those are nice pictures of AT, she has an infectious smile.....
                    Stargate Pants Girl
                    (a.k.a. Teryl's Pants Girl)
                    Mak tal shree! Lo tak meta satak Oz!

Comment

hi sorry to post this wrong place but it is my birthday today
                      i am 26 today the 9th november

from mary-clare mcdade
                      thank you

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                        I just kept thinking about how much time Amanda spent with her fans during the weekend. It just seemed to be a non-stop rush from 9am to 6pm at night and she always seemed so geniunely eager to meet each new person and make sure they were having a good time. I just can't imagine how horribly tiring other conventions must be on the actors if Gabit was considered a walk in the park for her. In any case, my hat goes off to Amanda for spending the weekend with us. I had a wonderful time and can't wait till the next one.
                        Just as a comparison, the last convention Amanda did over here had over 800 attendees. She did a talk, a photo session and an autograph session each day and attended the cocktail party for 200 people on the first night. So you can see why she liked Gabit so much - and why we did too

I'm still admiring your sig file, Kat. Ah memories

Oh, and Many Happy Returns Mary-Clare!
                        LizWhite.net

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                          I'm working on my Carter hand-drawings, I really am. But I keep feelin' like doing these little computer vector sketches, too. They're quick and fun. This one's got a little bit of extra shading, I used three different brushes to finish it off, and some tracing to get a little more of the realism back into the alice vest.

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/210...illus122mg.jpg

Cheers!
                          mini

EDIT (because someone asked): Yes, the whole thing's vector.
                          http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/7212/vector10mc.jpg
                          That is really awesome. It's amazing what we can do with technology.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maryclaremcdade
                            hi sorry to post this wrong place but it is my birthday today
                            i am 26 today the 9th november

from mary-clare mcdade
                            thank you
                            Today is Teryl's birthday too!
                            Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                            William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                            Anon

Comment

[QUOTE=flippy18]It's a UK show You can find out more here. Starts it's new series in a week or two and they have a new character that they're introducing called Alan
                              It's one of those shows that you either love, or wonder why on earth anyone watches it. I fall into the 'love it' camp, I'm particularly fond of my Marjorie Dawes talking mug
                              QUOTE]

It's shown in the US on BBC America. There's some season 2 eps this weekend. It's on Friday and Saturday late night.
                              Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                              William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                              Anon

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch
                                It's shown in the US on BBC America. There's some season 2 eps this weekend. It's on Friday and Saturday late night.
                                If you're getting S2 then you will soon understand what 'Bitty' is all about!!
                                LizWhite.net

Comment

Working...
                                X