Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minigeek
    Yeah, I'm not blaming anyone. Sun's right about the explanation bit as well. I was just having deep afternoon thoughts (you have to say that in the same voice as that old Deep Woods Off commercial... hehehe), so figured I'd share. I've had the pleasure of chatting online with several really cool 'scaper fans in the gateworld forum so far. As for the MUPPETS.....

Oh look! A Farscape poster.

Nya nya nya!
    *again, borrows Pilot's spare arm and beats the dren outa mini for the continued dissin' o' Muppets/puppets

mini! You nutter! LOL Thanks for the laugh. I tried to green ya, but I guess as far as you're concerned, I'm all out!
    sigpic
    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      I haven't actually seen the Void yet. I'll have to add it to our Netflix list. I have one question about Farscape though. I had tried to rent the first season but the way Netflix sends out the discs, I get episodes 1 & 7 on one disc, 2 & 6 on another, ect. Does this sort of thing continue for the entire season? Because it seems very annoying to me. In order for me to watch the first 5 episodes, I have to rent four separate dvds
      Kat
      Was Amanda in Void? I've never heard of it, but I'll keep my eye out for it if she's in it.

As for the FarScape DVDs, don't worry about ep 7 being out of order. The DVDs are numbered in filming order, but on the DVDs in the order shown. Or vice versa. The episode in question, "I, ET" is pretty interchangeable in either order. The only other time I've heard where there is a problem is in trying to keep the trilogies in the same set so they mixed up the order of another episode to fit them. I can't remember which trilogy, maybe "Look At The Princess" [season2].

Also? Some of the early episodes are obvious that they're trying to find their feet. To give it justice, make sure you watch all of season 1 before deciding to quit, if you're leaning that way. It still may not be your kind of show, but Nerve/Hidden Memory should definitely be on your "to watch" list before deciding! Good luck and have fun.

Both FarScape and Stargate are great shows, but they are quite different in "feel". I love both, but I know that that isn't everybody's cup of tea.

Comment

After all the talk about that other sci-fi show I had to take a trip down memory lane. Here’s a journey through The X-Files with Carina Sayles (aka Amanda).

X-Files 1
        X-Files 2
        X-Files 3
        X-Files 4
        X-Files 5
        X-Files 6
        X-Files 7

We all know things can be a bit weird...strange…creepy…and otherworldly in The X-Files. But would you believe this X-Files episode was called “Avatar”?!!

The next time we saw an “Avatar”, Carina had morphed into something else entirely and aren’t we the lucky ones!

Morphed

Comment

Originally posted by yowo
          Hey Guys,
          I'm not sure but I think that we can vote every week. ! time a week.
          Lets push Amanda to the top, where she deserves to be.
          I think I read you can vote as many times as you want if you clear your "cookies" between each vote.... seems to work.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
            After all the talk about that other sci-fi show I had to take a trip down memory lane. Here’s a journey through The X-Files with Carina Sayles (aka Amanda).

X-Files 1
            X-Files 2
            X-Files 3
            X-Files 4
            X-Files 5
            X-Files 6
            X-Files 7

We all know things can be a bit weird...strange…creepy…and otherworldly in The X-Files. But would you believe this X-Files episode was called “Avatar”?!!

The next time we saw an “Avatar”, Carina had morphed into something else entirely and aren’t we the lucky ones!

Morphed
            So now that she practically lost her head over Mitch Pileggi years ago, do you think they'll find romance again as commanders of Stargate's class of fleetships?! At GABIT, she mentioned playing opposite Mitch (albeit quite briefly) as one of her leading men and said that he actually has quite a body! She was glad to see him on the Stargate sets recently and ... hmmm ... Jack better look out!

Thanks for putting these up, SF31 ... only one other suggestion: you should have posted the autopsy photos on Halloween night!

Comment

If you want to find an earlier verison of AT, you might want to find S2 of Forever Knight called Near Death. Her part was that of scientist. It's kinda like
              Flatline, but not.

This show is also owned by Sony.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal

[Various unmentionable comments regarding Caldwell]
                Given TIIC's recent penchant for revisionist history, Carter will probably somehow have met Caldwell in the past. *shudder*

Comment

Hi all
                  Here is a link to the Amanda T4 interview Pt 2.
                  http://s47.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1...L1D697AY05K50I

Comment

bumping

Comment

You mean SAMS A GREAT CHARACTER!!!!!!

(Unlike TO. And sadley hes real life)
                      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan

(Unlike TO. And sadley hes real life)
                        Yes very much so.

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31

X-Files 1
                          X-Files 2
                          X-Files 3
                          X-Files 4
                          X-Files 5
                          X-Files 6
                          X-Files 7

Morphed
                          Cool, what season is that from (of the X-Files)
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                            Cool, what season is that from (of the X-Files)
                            Season 3, episode 21.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                              Meh! Carter suks! Long live the SECOND ORIGINAL SG-1!!!

WHOA!

Sorry.

Yikes.

Think I was channeling YNOS there... gotta go take my meds...

Extra meds...

Mmm. Extra Medddds....

See. This is what I GET for watching season two of Farscape...
                              (Did anyone else just see that? Scorpius!)

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                                Meh! Carter suks! Long live the SECOND ORIGINAL SG-1!!!

WHOA!

Sorry.

Yikes.

Think I was channeling YNOS there... gotta go take my meds...

Extra meds...

Mmm. Extra Medddds....

See. This is what I GET for watching season two of Farscape...
                                (Did anyone else just see that? Scorpius!)[/CENTER]

Scorpius, shmorpius... but STARK RULES!!!!! If they were going to bring over a farscape character it could have been him. Hes sort of like a crazy ascended guy.... bet he could play creepy stalker Ancient and hit on Sam too. Maybe him and Orlin could be brothers

Comment

Working...
                                X