Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    WOO!!! I just went up on MSN.com and in the entertainment section under only on MSNBC.com there is a little blurb that says

'It' List: Amanda Tapping takes on Kaysar!

She's going for #1 spot!

If you haven't voted! Let your voices be heard! Show the guys at Scifi/Sony that they have no clue what they are doing and that Amanda is 'It'.

MSN 'IT' Poll
    Just out of curiosity, has anyone cross posted this info to the other AT groups, like the AT Club on yahoo and the bulletin boards at AT's website?

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
      Just out of curiosity, has anyone cross posted this info to the other AT groups, like the AT Club on yahoo and the bulletin boards at AT's website?
      It's on the boards at her official site, don't know about the Yahoo club one [I'm on no mail at Yahoo so just skim through the messages!]
      LizWhite.net

Comment

WOO!!! I just went up on MSN.com and in the entertainment section under only on MSNBC.com there is a little blurb that says

She's going for #1 spot!

If you haven't voted! Let your voices be heard! Show the guys at Scifi/Sony that they have no clue what they are doing and that Amanda is 'It'.

MSN 'IT' Poll
        I've been going here at least twice a day to vote. Check this site out!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Hey Guys,
          I'm not sure but I think that we can vote every week. ! time a week.
          Lets push Amanda to the top, where she deserves to be.

"We were a team...no one could even begin to understand what we went through together… What we mean to each other.” Samantha Carter

Comment

Woo hoo! New avatars! I was very happy to see they added Novak. Gotta love those geeky engineering types.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
              I remembered her from the x-files too.. sadly to say not because I knew it was Amanda, but because that whole head on backwards thing really freaked me out.... I was quite chuffed to find out it was Amanda

Of course now when I watch that ep I find it odd that I'm willing the dead body to wake up and steal the show.. but seriously.. she could
              I saw the x-files ep. i can sort of remember AT's ep.

I did not "know" of her then. The first time she "hit" me was the first moment she walked onto the sceen in Children of the Gods. I think I rewatched that it over 20 times! i remember the vcr I was using was old and on its last legs. That scene finished it off!

Comment

She's going for #1 spot!

MSN 'IT' Poll
                I've voted. Just hope she can hold on for me to vote again next week.

We all know how brilliant she is. But there are some who've yet to relise this

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)

I did not "know" of her then. The first time she "hit" me was the first moment she walked onto the sceen in Children of the Gods. I think I rewatched that it over 20 times! i remember the vcr I was using was old and on its last legs. That scene finished it off!
                  I saw the Xfiles episode for the first time before I had seen AT in anything else. I remember feeling sorry she wound up dead. I think that says a lot about her--that in what, 1 minute? she made you care about the character. Of course my memory could be influenced by my later opinion.

If you want to see a vehicle for Amanda, check out "The Void." As I've said before, many flaws in the film, but AT gives it her all. My thoughts were along the lines of "think of what she could do with a better script!"

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                    I saw the Xfiles episode for the first time before I had seen AT in anything else. I remember feeling sorry she wound up dead. I think that says a lot about her--that in what, 1 minute? she made you care about the character. Of course my memory could be influenced by my later opinion.

If you want to see a vehicle for Amanda, check out "The Void." As I've said before, many flaws in the film, but AT gives it her all. My thoughts were along the lines of "think of what she could do with a better script!"
                    I agree completely! Couldn't help thinking what a hit she would be if she manages to land a solid lead in a well-written screenplay! Amanda, once again in The Void, managed to stand out, away from the embarrassing script. And her love scenes and intimate moments with Adrian Paul were so natural and well played.

Why hasn't this woman been discovered by a larger audience, huh?! I guess her commitment and loyalty to the Stargate franchise have secluded her in some ways from a wider public. Their loss; our gain.

Comment

I just wanted to say Amanda made the 'It' list! Yay! But I wanted to remind people to keep going back for her (www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4043608/). Even though she made it, she could get knocked off so you have to go on there, move her rank up to number 1 and then click "Done" so she will stay on there!
                      Felger: At least my heroes exist. If this was a Trek convention you'd be all dressed up like a Klingon.
                      Coombs: Vulcan, Felger, Vulcan.

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)

LOL!!! well at least your vcr went out in style
                        I remember that scene when Amanda walked into that room, she filled the whole room with her presence and as a Sam and Jack fan i noticed the sparks flying straight away
                        I also loved the "kid in a candy store" look when she saw all those gate addresses and the total look of wonder on her face when she touched the event horizen for the first time, Amanda convayed all that with her expresions on her face, it really was and still is wonderful to get to see and feel that coming from an actor.
                        ......TARA......

Comment

Bit late notice but I just got a text to say that 'The Void' is being shown on the UK SciFi channel this evening at 8pm. Sadly, I don't have SciFi channel

SciFi page for The Void: http://www.scifiuk.com/moviedetails.asp?pid=2620
                          LizWhite.net

Comment

Originally posted by flippy18
                            Bit late notice but I just got a text to say that 'The Void' is being shown on the UK SciFi channel this evening at 8pm. Sadly, I don't have SciFi channel

SciFi page for The Void: http://www.scifiuk.com/moviedetails.asp?pid=2620
                            dangit, I'm in the US so I'm guessing it's not on here. I haven't had a chance to see that yet. None of the video stores around here carry it, and I'd subscribe to Netflix, but I don't have a credit card.
                            Felger: At least my heroes exist. If this was a Trek convention you'd be all dressed up like a Klingon.
                            Coombs: Vulcan, Felger, Vulcan.

Comment

I haven't actually seen the Void yet. I'll have to add it to our Netflix list. I have one question about Farscape though. I had tried to rent the first season but the way Netflix sends out the discs, I get episodes 1 & 7 on one disc, 2 & 6 on another, ect. Does this sort of thing continue for the entire season? Because it seems very annoying to me. In order for me to watch the first 5 episodes, I have to rent four separate dvds

I had hoped to get to see what CB and BB are like in another series as I've been a bit cold with their characters on Stargate so far. I keep hearing rave comments about both and I see great potential with CB, but I really wish the writers would give them better roles. The whole sexual tension thing with Vala/Daniel just isn't doing it for me. Hopefully we'll see some juicy scenes with Vala and Sam, or even Sam and Mitchell in the second half of the season.

I'm just really missing the whole team feeling anymore. I had really been hoping to see things get back to the season 2-3 feel, but so far I've got nothing.

Kat
                              Last edited by ForeverSg1; 08 November 2005, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatergeek257
                                dangit, I'm in the US so I'm guessing it's not on here. I haven't had a chance to see that yet. None of the video stores around here carry it, and I'd subscribe to Netflix, but I don't have a credit card.
                                It's often for sale on ebay. Many sellers on there take check/money order.
                                Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                                William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                                Anon

Comment

Working...
                                X