Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
    I agree that Amanda was deeply moved by what she was seeing and hearing, but that still doesn't excuse Smug from laying his grubby hand upon our Queen.

Seriously, I believe Amanda was genuinely touched by the song. While Smug was introducing it, there was an interjection from Shrieky to which Amanda responded with just a look and a shake of her head. As a student of CG's GABIT Journalism 101 class, I wasn't comfortable with including this in the transcript because Amanda's response was purely non-verbal. However, when combined with her "Bit of warning next time" comment afterwards, I reckon they just dropped the song on her unannounced, and she was completely unprepared for it.
    someone on the shipper thread gave a link to see the interview, but i wonder if anyone got the other tidbits (this part and the 'who would you want to go home with, archer or o'neill?' stuff)?

i want to see that stuff too!

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by flippy18
      Agree.

Managed to get all the T4 stuff on tape, no thanks to their scheduling.
      ALL the stuff? like the 'who would you go home with, archer o'neill?' stuff?

please say yes.

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
        What do you think of Sam over in Atlantis? Would you watch the show with Sam in it?
        i've never watched atlantis (i have *issues* with the ptb), but i'd watch it if amanda/sam was in it. i'd watch amanda staring at a wall

i just wish sam wasn't being thrown to atlantis to make room for the newbies.

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
          I'm with you on this. I have not seen that much of Farscape, but what I have seen, CB's Aeryn and Vala are very different in many ways. But Mitchell is quite like a toned down Crichton for me. I can only think that his character will gain some dimensionality in the second half. If not, the character is in trouble. I'm afraid that TPTB see that Mitchell is not a very strong character and I think they think this because of the co-leadership issue. Sam outshines Mitchell just because of who she is for nine years. So to make Mitchell look better, move Sam away from leadership and make sure Mitchell is THE LEADER. I think if they do this, it is a very big mistake.

But in my cynical mood tonight---the writers/producers will do whatever the heck they want.
          that's the way i see it too. with sam on sg1, it just reminds us of how vapid mitchell and vala are in comparison.

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            ...i'd watch amanda staring at a wall

i just wish sam wasn't being thrown to atlantis to make room for the newbies.

sally
            here here

i could watch amanda all day........and listen to her all day too, her voice is SO calming

xox
            Stargate Pants Girl
            (a.k.a. Teryl's Pants Girl)
            Mak tal shree! Lo tak meta satak Oz!

Comment

that's the way i see it too. with sam on sg1, it just reminds us of how vapid mitchell and vala are in comparison.

sally
              And this is what continues to scare me.

See, I don't think we over-reacted the GABIT weekend. I think we were given a sneak preview into EXACTLY what TPTB were/are planning.

I want to believe that they aren't that irredeemably stupid...but after hearing the circular reasoning as to why Mitchell is leading and not Sam, I'm beginning to wonder.

*sigh* I so long for my SMART SG-1 that piqued my mind, encouraged my sense of wonder and tickled my funnybone.

I still say that the idea is of the show if not franchise killing variety but I suppose we'll find out soon enough if we were right.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                And this is what continues to scare me.

See, I don't think we over-reacted the GABIT weekend. I think we were given a sneak preview into EXACTLY what TPTB were/are planning.

I want to believe that they aren't that irredeemably stupid...but after hearing the circular reasoning as to why Mitchell is leading and not Sam, I'm beginning to wonder.

*sigh* I so long for my SMART SG-1 that piqued my mind, encouraged my sense of wonder and tickled my funnybone.

I still say that the idea is of the show if not franchise killing variety but I suppose we'll find out soon enough if we were right.
                You hit the nail on the head.
                sig by PM

Comment

ALL the stuff? like the 'who would you go home with, archer o'neill?' stuff?
                  please say yes.
                  sally
                  I did, but unfortunately I have no way to put them online. [She answered very definately that it would be O'Neill though] I'm sure someone will get them online eventually though. *crosses fingers*

Edited to add: Try the Amanda Tapping club at Yahoo!
                  Last edited by flippy18; 08 November 2005, 01:31 AM.
                  LizWhite.net

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                    Oh, and Congrats to ÜberSG-1Fan, Myrth and ForeverSg1 who all picked up places in the The Amanda Tapping Contest
                    Hey, I don't know all of you yet, but I wanted to say Congratulations!!
                    Felger: At least my heroes exist. If this was a Trek convention you'd be all dressed up like a Klingon.
                    Coombs: Vulcan, Felger, Vulcan.

Comment

If you won in the AT contest, don't forget to let us know if you got the Blue Jello

Back to Sam: I watched The Tok'ra pt1 last night. Had forgotten how much I enjoyed the scene between Hammond and Sam after she's called Jacob. Beautifully played. I loved the relationship that Hammond and Sam had.

Had also forgotten how silly JR Bourne looked in the flappy Tok'ra head gear Bless him!
                      LizWhite.net

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                        I don't think mini was blaming any Scapers for anything. mini was just 'splaining how NOW mini sees the comparisons that some Scaper/Gaters have made between Vala/Aeryn and Mitchell/Crichton.

As for me wacking mini with Pilot's spare arm...that was for mini's dissin' o' the puppets. LOL

Although, I do not see more that Claudia playing Vala and Aeryn as similarities, but that's just me. However, I do think Ben is pretty much playing the same character (different name, different situation). I am willing to give Ben the chance to prove me wrong.
                        I'm sorry, I guess "blaming" was the wrong word. I did get the feeling she was frustrated because some FS fans were saying that Claudia was more talented than Amanda and I wanted to assure her that many FS fans are also fans of the show and actors of Stargate, including, and in my case, especially, Amanda.

It really bothers me when there is a rift between fandoms as if we can't like more than one thing at a time. Life is too short and arbitrary not to experience and enjoy many things.

I agree with you about not seeing the similarities between Vala and Aeryn. I can see why some people see the similarities between Crichton and Mitchell, but I attribute most of that to one guy playing similar parts [similar in that both are smart, brave, strong, honorable men.]

Just because many of us have only seen Amanda in this one part doesn't mean she doesn't have range. I think the subtleties she employs in conveying the different facets of Samantha are wonderful.

Comment

Chillin, the first time I saw Amanda onscreen she made a huge impact on me and I had no idea who she was! At the time I was a big X Files fan, and she had a brief part in an episode that was Skinner-centric, playing a prostitute who picks him up at the bar. When he wakes up, she is dead in bed next to him and he is framed for her murder. I remember watching the scene in the bar and thinking, wow, that girl really exudes a lot of warmth. It was completely believable that Skinner would fall for someone like that. I would say that Amanda has one of the widest ranges of any actress I've seen, and boy, she sure can do the subtleties well!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
                            Chillin, the first time I saw Amanda onscreen she made a huge impact on me and I had no idea who she was! At the time I was a big X Files fan, and she had a brief part in an episode that was Skinner-centric, playing a prostitute who picks him up at the bar. When he wakes up, she is dead in bed next to him and he is framed for her murder. I remember watching the scene in the bar and thinking, wow, that girl really exudes a lot of warmth. It was completely believable that Skinner would fall for someone like that. I would say that Amanda has one of the widest ranges of any actress I've seen, and boy, she sure can do the subtleties well!
                            I wish I had seen that! I'd really like to see Amanda in different things. Thanks for your post because I was wondering whether seeing Amanda in something else would be clouded by my already liking her in Stargate, so it's nice to know you liked her in that guest role without the Stargate background.

mini: It wasn't until after my last post that I saw your "FarScape" poster. LOL.

Comment

I remembered her from the x-files too.. sadly to say not because I knew it was Amanda, but because that whole head on backwards thing really freaked me out.... I was quite chuffed to find out it was Amanda

Of course now when I watch that ep I find it odd that I'm willing the dead body to wake up and steal the show.. but seriously.. she could

Originally posted by GateGipsy
                              sigpic

Comment

WOO!!! I just went up on MSN.com and in the entertainment section under only on MSNBC.com there is a little blurb that says

'It' List: Amanda Tapping takes on Kaysar!

She's going for #1 spot!

If you haven't voted! Let your voices be heard! Show the guys at Scifi/Sony that they have no clue what they are doing and that Amanda is 'It'.

MSN 'IT' Poll

Comment

Working...
                                X