Clear All

look what i found, a sam fic

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2648803/1/
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
      OK, it’s like this…

I really did try to do a full transcript, but there was just too much inane chatter from the presenters to make it worthwhile. They were really out of their league with AT. While a 5-minute piece filling the gap between “Britney and Kevin: Chaotic” and “The Simpsons” was obviously never going to be an in-depth examination of AT and the character of Sam Carter, they didn’t really give AT the chance to say much at all, but of course she took the whole thing in good spirit and looked her usual classy self. In fact, if I was to be really snarky, I’d say she made a special effort to think down to their level. I agree completely!

Anyway, FWIW here’s what I managed to come up with.

Who’s who:

SmB: Smug T4 Bloke
      ShF: Shrieky T4 Female
      AT: Go on, guess…

SmB: We’re joined by the best-looking theoretic astrophysicist I’ve ever met… and I’ve met a few… Stargate’s Sam Carter, AKA Amanda Tapping.

First off, excuse my ignorance, but I don’t even know what a theoretic astrophysicist is, and seeing as you have theoretically a PhD in Quantum Mechanics and are a plasma *stroke* particle physicist in Stargate, could you shed some light on it please?

AT: All right, in a nutshell, well, Space <big gesture>. There you go. No, I, er, my character’s actually the foremost expert on the science of the Stargate, but I’m also a leading expert on everything Space <big gesture>. Look up, and I know about it.

... and, later ...

SmB: You’re ahead of us as I explained before, and <to ShF> you told me not to ask this , that I might ruin it for myself and everybody else, but what the hell, I’m going to ask it. Does anything go on with Carter and O’Neill? Do they get it on?

AT: Oooh, what can I tell you… <sharp intake of breath> Let’s just say that they go fishing. <knowing look>

ShF: What, he uses his pole, does he? OUT OF LINE BY THE BLOKE ... WHAT A JERK!

AT: He gets me hook, line, and sinker. <another knowing look> GREAT GREAT LINE BY AT - SHIPPERS ARE SMILING EVERYWHERE!

SmB: That brings a whole new meaning to the word “wormhole”. ANOTHER INAPPROPRIATE AND CRUDE LINE BY THAT GUY! THEY SHOULD HAVE PUT A HOOK IN HIS MOUTH!!

AT: Let’s just say we go fishing… <ducks head, hides face, fans self with hand> SHE'S OKAY WITH THE FISHING!!!!

Thanks, Tone ... this was fun to read but not one of the better opportunities afforded Amanda to speak about herself or the show! Maybe the interviewers should do some more homework before attempting these kinds of interviews.
      Last edited by ChopinGal; 06 November 2005, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        Okay. PLEASE say someone recorded this digitally. PLEASE.

I'll host the file and everything!!!

please?
        Sorry, not me, as it was I caught that bit purely by chance. There was a litle bit more but I can't remember exactly , I think she was asked if she, AT also had the hots for RDA /o'neill and she said yes as well, AT was very funny with it.

Comment

Welcome to Samanda Gatergeek257 and Suzotchka. Hope you like it here and decide to stay!

Jester

Comment

Originally posted by flippy18
            Irritatingly smug bloke presenter of T4: "Can I call you Mandy?"
            Amanda: "No. Noo."

Go Amanda!!!
            That guy was completely out of his league! Clueless!

Comment

*stops biting tongue*

A mate of mine reckons he can record from videotape to an AVI file? Would that do ya? Except of course it'll only be the main event, and not the extra snippets...

*resumes biting tongue*
              AVI will work GREAT!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

***Mary Beth does her Happy Amanda Dance and is extremely relieved that no one else can see her now (except for her dog, who doesn't seem to care much)***

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                Thanks, Tone ... this was fun to read but not one of the better opportunities afforded Amanda to speak about herself or the show! Maybe the interviewers should do their own homework better before attempting these kinds of interviews.
                Yes. This has got to be one of the more painful aspects of celebrity--doing interviews with dimwits who don't even know anything about your show. Notice how they often refer to the SG1 team as "the crew" as if they're on the Enterprise or something? Aargh.

Comment

OK, I'm speaking from a Transatlantic POV here, but all I can say is GO FALCONS!!!

Furthermore, because I'm a Brit, I have no hometown / State allegiance. This obviously allows me to have a team from each Conference, so I'd also like to take this opportunity to say GO STEELERS!!!
                  Jester has collapsed ... trying to remove the stake which 1speed has thrust into her heart ... gasp, shudder ... to think that she spent last weekend with this chap and Coley and Kat ... and he has now shown his true colours: Steelers over the Eagles!!

Comment

Jester has collapsed ... trying to remove the stake which 1speed has thrust into her heart ... gasp, shudder ... to think that she spent last weekend with this chap and Coley and Kat ... and he has now shown his true colours: Steelers over the Eagles!!
                    I know...I know. It will be okay Jester...

Take deep breaths.

And then know that when the Titans meet up with the Eagles, we will SOOOOO wipe the floor with you.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

btw...CG...you'll be happy to know I'm not nearly as upset as I was last night. That problem I told you about??? It's been fixed. WHEW.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                      AVI will work GREAT!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

***Mary Beth does her Happy Amanda Dance and is extremely relieved that no one else can see her now (except for her dog, who doesn't seem to care much)***
                      And even puppy is getting freaked out ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...l/CB046120.jpg

Down, girl, down ... the Eagles are still formidable warriors (well, let's see what happens tonight) ... and glad to hear that nothing fell into a blackhole last night!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                        Yes. This has got to be one of the more painful aspects of celebrity--doing interviews with dimwits who don't even know anything about your show. Notice how they often refer to the SG1 team as "the crew" as if they're on the Enterprise or something? Aargh.
                        do you remember one of rda's a couple of years ago. he was on regis and kelly...and regis was an idiot, he knew NOTHING about the show and came off as a complete moron

on the other hand, when an interviewer is a fan, it ends up beging pretty good. Wayne Brady interviewd rda and it was great. wayne even got a prop from rda....harry's 'key' from paradise lost
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

OK, it’s like this…

I really did try to do a full transcript, but there was just too much inane chatter from the presenters to make it worthwhile. While a 5-minute piece filling the gap between “Britney and Kevin: Chaotic” and “The Simpsons” was obviously never going to be an in-depth examination of AT and the character of Sam Carter, they didn’t really give AT the chance to say much at all, but of course she took the whole thing in good spirit and looked her usual classy self. In fact, if I was to be really snarky, I’d say she made a special effort to think down to their level.

Anyway, FWIW here’s what I managed to come up with.

Who’s who:

SmB: Smug T4 Bloke
                          ShF: Shrieky T4 Female
                          AT: Go on, guess…

SmB: We’re joined by the best-looking theoretic astrophysicist I’ve ever met… and I’ve met a few… Stargate’s Sam Carter, AKA Amanda Tapping.

First off, excuse my ignorance, but I don’t even know what a theoretic astrophysicist is, and seeing as you have theoretically a PhD in Quantum Mechanics and are a plasma *stroke* particle physicist in Stargate, could you shed some light on it please?

AT: All right, in a nutshell, well, Space <big gesture>. There you go. No, I, er, my character’s actually the foremost expert on the science of the Stargate, but I’m also a leading expert on everything Space <big gesture>. Look up, and I know about it.

ShF: So did you take a crash-course in astrophysics when you started the show?

AT: I didn’t actually, really what I did was I bought Stephen Hawking’s “Brief History of Time” - the illustrated version - and that’s my big tome, that’s my reference.

SmB: Do you ever get the script and think “What the hell <inane chatter>, this is weird science stuff”, do you ever find it difficult at times?

AT: No actually, sadly I don’t. I actually really do understand it. I’ve actually gone and, erm, corrected the writers.

SmB: That’s a little bit sad…

ShF: That’s taking it too far, Amanda, c‘mon…

AT: You know, the star doesn’t actually do that. Yeah…

ShF: Well, I think it’s fair to say the show’s a phenomenon, so let’s take a little look…

<clip from today’s ep>

ShF: Were you interested in science before you joined Stargate?

AT: I actually, erm, won the drama award in high school and a science award, so I was, but in terms of television, no, I was Little-House-on-the-Prairie-girl. So no, I wasn’t a huge sci-fi fan when I started, I am now obviously.

ShF: And there are so many sci-fi fans, it’s amazing how big this show is…

SmB: I kinda assume by the facts in front of me Stargate is every sci-fi fan’s favourite. It’s been running for 8 years our time, 9 years your time <inane chatter>… it‘s the longest running sci-fi show ever, did yourself and all the crew and everybody go out and get completely wormholed when you heard that news?

AT: Well, actually we will when we shoot it. We start series 10 in February, and I think we’ll shoot like the 200th episode around March.

ShF: Wow, I can’t believe it’s longer than Star Trek, X-Files, it’s beaten them all. What do you think is the secret? Wormholes? Lots of wormholes?

AT: The secret is, I think, that we don’t take ourselves too seriously, that we have a sense of humour, and that we’re accessible, present-day, fallible human-beings, and we make a lot of mistakes in it.

SmB: You’re ahead of us as I explained before, and <to ShF> you told me not to ask this , that I might ruin it for myself and everybody else, but what the hell, I’m going to ask it. Does anything go on with Carter and O’Neill? Do they get it on?

AT: Oooh, what can I tell you… <sharp intake of breath> Let’s just say that they go fishing. <knowing look>

ShF: What, he uses his pole, does he?

AT: He gets me hook, line, and sinker. <another knowing look>

SmB: That brings a whole new meaning to the word “wormhole”.

AT: Let’s just say we go fishing… <ducks head, hides face, fans self with hand>

SmB: You obviously have a lot of on-screen admirers, your fans are very, very dedicated, and they have an Amanda Tapping Club, I’m sure you’re aware of this…

AT: They do, yeah…

SmB: The yearly Amanda Tapping contest, that entails fans sending in poems, videos, stories that they composed for you. Now we’ve looked through all of these, and this is genuine by the way, our favourite was a song submitted by Laura Morton, simply called “Amanda”. I stress again, this isn’t a T4 joke, this is serious, this lady wrote this song about you. It’s entitled “Amanda”, have a look…

<song plays over clips from show, split-screen shot of AT looking delighted and touched - also unfortunately touched by SmB who pats her shoulder at one point>

AT: Bit of warning on that one next time, guys. Wow…

ShF: Amanda, my favourite bit, which we didn’t see, she says thank you for going to the conventions.

AT: Yeah, that’s nice.

ShF: Thank you for coming on the show - Amanda Tapping. Right now, here’s The Simpsons…

Thanks 1Speed4Sam for giving us the details from the interview!!! I think the inane chatter that I have been hearing about from the interviewers would have gotten on my nerves a little. It sounds like Amanda was gracious as ever. Thanks again for the commentary!!!

Comment

That guy was completely out of his league! Clueless!
                            Oh you have no idea! These presenters haven't a clue about Stargate. The channel cuts the episodes as they are shown in the afternoon, and the presenters wouldn't know a Stargate if one smacked them over the head (which I keep hoping will happen!).In the general section of the forum we have a thread called GAT4 (Gaters against T4) where we seem to constantly write letters to Channel 4 complaining about them ruining the show, and how the presenters make fun of sci-fi fans. Poor Amanda.
                            sigpic

Comment

Just remember to go to thew MSNBC IT List each day and move her UP the list so that she stays ON the list. Maybe, this, on a major entertainment site like MSNBC, coupled with the complete and total upheaval and support for AT and Carter from last weekend, those numbskulls will wake up. Hope, while elusive, is also wonderful. Keep the voting up so the twits can also see she (AT) can sustain the attention and the popularity.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffer
                                What do you think Sam's best performace was i think it was in
                                MOEBIUS part 1 & 2
                                For me, it is, and always will be, Singularty and Foothold. I just don't see the writers ever again writing anything that good for Carter and I think AT nailed them both perfectly. The thing that gets me is that both were so different for Carter . . . . AT has always amazed me with her abilities and her range and her ability to say so much without saying one word.

Comment

Working...
                                X