No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way to go Amanda! We always knew that you were on the it list ,and now the world knows it. Remember folks vote every week to keep her on the list.
    MSNBC.com.
    “Yeah, sure ya betcha.”

"We were a team...no one could even begin to understand what we went through together… What we mean to each other.” Samantha Carter

Comment

Just did my bit, put Amanda in first place and Jonny 2nd.
      http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4043608/#survey

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
        Essence

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...TandShadow.jpg

She talks, we listen
        Hanging on each funny word
        She makes people laugh

Beauty, grace and wit
        No wonder some are jealous
        What you see is real

In this jaded world
        Honesty is refreshing
        Kindness carries weight

Caring actions speak
        What she does shows who she is
        A class act for sure

Shy in many ways
        Yet inviting people in
        Open to the world

Fame does not usurp
        The girl-next-door persona
        Easy to relate

She seems so amazed
        Thankful for her good fortune
        Her smile is sincere

What a gift it is
        To be yourself at all times
        Nothing tricky here

Wherever she goes
        Whatever path she chooses
        Her fans will follow

So nicely said, ChopinGal. Thanks for all reports and pictures too, and thanks to the other GABITeers too!

So, I've seen reports in the past that say AT is even more gorgeous in person than on screen. I don't see how that is possible!

Do you think there really is a possibility that AT will do another GABIT convention the future? Would the organizers ever consider it--I hope? Or are they planning to have different actors in the future?

I'm just so glad it went so well for Amanda and the fans. I read Kamil's report on AT's official website expressing this and how touched she and the audience were at the end of the convention. Sounds like this is how conventions should be---better for the actors and the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
          Essence

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...TandShadow.jpg

She talks, we listen
          Hanging on each funny word
          She makes people laugh

Beauty, grace and wit
          No wonder some are jealous
          What you see is real

In this jaded world
          Honesty is refreshing
          Kindness carries weight

Caring actions speak
          What she does shows who she is
          A class act for sure

Shy in many ways
          Yet inviting people in
          Open to the world

Fame does not usurp
          The girl-next-door persona
          Easy to relate

She seems so amazed
          Thankful for her good fortune
          Her smile is sincere

What a gift it is
          To be yourself at all times
          Nothing tricky here

Wherever she goes
          Whatever path she chooses
          Her fans will follow
          Wonderful Poem as always CG!! Truely captures everything I have ever heard about AT!

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
            So nicely said, ChopinGal. Thanks for all reports and pictures too, and thanks to the other GABITeers too!

So, I've seen reports in the past that say AT is even more gorgeous in person than on screen. I don't see how that is possible!

Do you think there really is a possibility that AT will do another GABIT convention the future? Would the organizers ever consider it--I hope? Or are they planning to have different actors in the future?

I'm just so glad it went so well for Amanda and the fans. I read Kamil's report on AT's official website expressing this and how touched she and the audience were at the end of the convention. Sounds like this is how conventions should be---better for the actors and the fans.
            I think Amanda felt so respected and cared for by the GABIT4 that she would definitely want to come back again!

I do know that when GABIT was originally formed, it was to "get Amanda back in town", but the organizers had ideas about then providing similar personalized venues for other actors. I've already hinted to Julia of GABIT that bringing Amanda and Teryl to town for a weekend would be a terrific event! Don't you think?! Those two gals would draw a crowd for sure and be a delight to watch onstage.

What made this past week's event such a success was: small numbers; personalized attention by directors and staff to both Amanda and her family and to the fans themselves; and tight planning and security. It was a fun and friendly atmosphere throughout.

Comment

Just saw a post at AT's site

Ruby_Tuesday
              For all of you lucky Brits out there, there is a chance to see Amanda o*n channel 4's T4 tomorrow morning (Sunday 6th Nov). They did not say exactly what time she would be o*n but some time between 9:25 (early I know!) and aroung 5ish. Most likely time is around Stargate time so I'm thinking bout 3ish.

Just wanted to let y'all know, as I will be watching.
              Please tell me I don't have to watch all of T4 to see her, must set video recorder.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                i did that for you, AD.

and sam/janet for strix.
                Happy sigh.

After, of course, the horror of being faced with sky's Odo anatomy question first thing in the morning.

My LJ

Comment

Re: The 'IT' list.
                  #1 or #2, on top of or underneath, there's no bad position when Johnny Depp is involved!

Re: T4 interview. This is the only way they'll get me to suffer through hours of June Sarpong and company. The things we do in support of Amanda, huh?
                  LizWhite.net

Comment

Originally Posted by jckfan55
                    I think we may have done something like this before, way back when, but let me throw this out there and see if it floats or sinks deservedly into the deep blue...

If you could meet Lt. Col. Samantha Carter, what would you say to her? And I suppose in what scenario could you meet her?
                    Seatmates on a plane? She's in uniform & you say--"so you're in the Air Force? A Colonel? How cool is that?!" She says: "Very cool."

Or a fictional scenario you are assigned to Stargate Command in your actual professional role? In the computer dept? SG Band? Medical staff? -- and have occasion to see her in the commissary?
                    Here is a little story I made up about meeting Lt. Colonel Carter. All the news about how nice and giving AT is in real life, kind made it's way in the story. Also, please forgive me, but I added small bits in there with General O'Neill... what it's my story! I'm hoping this will help the muse finish one of the many Fanfics already started.

Hi Mom,

I know this is a crazy e-mail, and no your daughter hasn’t lost her mind. I just wanted to let you know that I will be out of town for the next year or so. Unfortunately, they don’t have internet or even a telephone where I am going; yes I know it’s strange especially this day and time. I will try to write to everyone the old fashion way. It’ll be difficult to communicate, but I’ll try my best. I can’t give you very many details, but there is a small town in a country very very far away that needs my assistance with a project. The town was destroyed in a fire and a Lt. Colonel Samantha Carter stopped by my office and asked if I could help them put this town back together. I met her and another a man I thought was her husband, but actually it turns out he’s her boss. Shame to, because I think they looked very cute together. Anyways we talked for a while I was surprised at how genuine Colonel Carter seemed. She was greatly distressed over the destruction of the town and how it affected the residents. It seems she had spent a lot of time with these people. Her face lit up when she talked about her two little buddies, apparently twin boys about three or four years old has captured the woman’s heart. The General’s too by his smile, as Colonel Carter retold some of the stories. How could I say no after those stories she told. She was genuine and heartfelt in her plea on behalf of the people. I felt I knew them too. I was impressed that she took it upon herself to help them. Apparently she is some kind of Scientist, and a genius according to the General. She actually blushed at his complement. Yep I think there is more to their story. Well it looks like I will have a year to find out what it is and hopefully help them too.

Love ya,
                    Ann
                    Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 05 November 2005, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by yowo
                      Way to go Amanda! We always knew that you were on the it list ,and now the world knows it. Remember folks vote every week to keep her on the list.
                      MSNBC.com.
                      “Yeah, sure ya betcha.”
                      Just did my part. I like the blurb they wrote about AT.
                      sig by PM

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                        Happy sigh.

After, of course, the horror of being faced with sky's Odo anatomy question first thing in the morning.

happy to serve
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

(Raises her hands and waves it back and forth.)

I have two questions.....one, what list are you talking about? And two, do you think there will be another Gabit? As for the idea about Amanda AND Teryl, that would be amazing!!!!

EDIT: OK, I found the list and really did my part!
                          On fighting:
                          Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                          Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Before we fall to second page here is to hoping for more of this side of Sam in the second half of S9

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                              Before we fall to second page here is to hoping for more of this side of Sam in the second half of S9

Oh yeah ... maybe she's taking aim at the scripts!

Comment

I hate to break the news, but Thor gets around ... ever notice the resemblance between ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...chevronguy.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11.../Thordaddy.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X