No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok--it was my idea that we come up with fictional scenarios for us meeting Sam in some way connected to our own professions. You guys have done a great job! I have struggled. I couldn't really come up with a way to be at the SGC, so I thought about running into Sam at the AF Academy. So here's my attempt. I look forward to seeing what else my fellow Samandans can come up with.

Dear Sis,

Well my guest lecture at the Air Force Academy went pretty well. I still can’t believe they invited me—not being a military historian--to present, but I guess that article I wrote was better than I thought. Anyway, none of the cadets fell asleep. I was a bit distracted when an officer came in after I’d started the presentation. I later found out she was Lt. Colonel Samantha Carter because she came up to me after the lecture, introduced herself, apologized for being late and said she enjoyed the talk. She was quite impressive—she seems about my age or younger, which I think means she’s young for a colonel, but she has tons of ribbons on her uniform. Those ribbons certainly clued me in that she was likely not a military historian! I said, you’re not a historian, are you? And she smiled and said no, her own specialty is astrophysics, but that she enjoys learning about history and archaeology and found at the last minute that her schedule permitted her to stop in. She said that one of her best friends is an archaeologist. We wound up having quite the chat. She seemed quite informed on history and asked me a few excellent questions. I admitted I didn’t know much about astrophysics and asked if that meant she worked on things like rockets for the Air Force. She smiled and said “something like that”—it wasn’t the way scientists usually treat non-scientists—you know—“it’s so complex you wouldn’t get it”—it seemed more like a mysterious smile. I wonder if her work is classified? Anyway, I wish the science people on my campus were so open minded!
    Talk to you soon,
    Jane

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
      Not gonna happen.
      Rats! Foiled again...

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
        Besides, I think
        Spoiler:
        they're already married - we just don't know it, yet!
        Aaaaaaa! Aaaaaaaa! My eyes are burning!!!!

My LJ

Comment

First of all, thanks BAGGIE for posting here about the Orlin/Sam question from Sal. And congrats to both BAGGIE and Kliggins for winning the Tea with Amanda! I'm sure they may have mentioned it at the GABIT Attendees thread where they hang out - so check there! The probability of both friends winning two of the four raffle tickets was like a lottery win! Hope they're able to share some of that special time with us. Couldn't have happened to two nicer folks!

Now, some more GABIT tidbits from my memory bank:

"Demanda" ... one of AT's least favorite things is negative rumors about her. (This is why it was so painful for your Samandan Four to read on her website about "the negative thing".) She told us about a rumor which spread from her non-appearance at a certain event/con. She didn't sign to attend because of personal reasons or scheduling conflicts, but a nasty rumor developed that the actress was very demanding, asked for too many accommodations, really difficult to work with. In fact, the person who started the rumor was known to Amanda and AT trusted her. Amanda felt betrayed and saddened by the whole experience and, after telling us, just looked at us and shrugged her shoulders and said one word of self-reference: "Demanda"! She could now joke about the whole affair, but, at the time it happened, it must have been pretty upsetting to see herself described in such a false manner. Matter of fact, she also kids about being "too nice"! At least we know that's not a rumor and really true!

Working with Cameron Bright (juvenile Orlin in Horseman) ... was a delight. She said that she and Cameron hit if off quite well and "hung out together". Actually, he hung out in her trailer between scenes and played with Olivia. She said he's a wonderful young man and very talented.

When asked about her favorite episode from S9, she had to pause and think a bit and finally settled on Ripple Effect. She did not name who was coming back, but admitted that filming the episode was "bittersweet" because the guest actors would be leaving again. Amanda also shared that the special effects are amazing and that, in one scene, we will see "15 Carters"! Sounds good to me!

That's it for now from the GABIT front!

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
            Aaaaaaa! Aaaaaaaa! My eyes are burning!!!!

{snork} Hey, you chose to read the hidden text there, babeh, no whining at me after the fact. Heh.

You know what else I think? I think
            Spoiler:
            they're using asgard technology to get together for those oh-so-cliche little romantic weekend rendez-vous, too. Little noon-day nookie, baby! Woooo! Salmon Jack 4-Evah!!

mini(the tragically hunted)geek

Comment

{snork} Hey, you chose to read the hidden text there, babeh, no whining at me after the fact. Heh.

Spoiler:
              they're using asgard technology to get together for those oh-so-cliche little romantic weekend rendez-vous, too. Little noon-day nookie, baby! Woooo! Salmon Jack 4-Evah!!

I'm afraid you have that wrong. Any Asgard technology being used is for Sam and *Thor* to get together. The *true* story is at the Sam/Thor ship thread. Sam/Thor--the only ship I care to contemplate. (for laughs)

Comment

I'm afraid you have that wrong. Any Asgard technology being used is for Sam and *Thor* to get together. The *true* story is at the Sam/Thor ship thread. Sam/Thor--the only ship I care to contemplate. (for laughs)
                Yes, well, she can do Thor in her spare time. I'm okay with that. He's adorable. Or is he a she? An it? Oh well.

Comment

Spoiler:

Aaaaiiieeeeeee! You're killing me here!

My LJ

Comment

See??? Now I have that picture of THAM in the back of my mind...

I only made it as a joke...yet visions of Tham keep popping into my head... I'm not sure if I should post it though...could give people nightmares.

Well...okay...If someone asks, I'll post it.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Spoiler:

I should also mention that I intitially read that as
                      Spoiler:

a little noon-day wookie.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                        Aaaaiiieeeeeee! You're killing me here!
                        Uh oh Strix ... sounds like ya might be needin' a little Sam Carter CPR there.

Here ya go darlin'.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                          See??? Now I have that picture of THAM in the back of my mind...

I only made it as a joke...yet visions of Tham keep popping into my head... I'm not sure if I should post it though...could give people nightmares.

Well...okay...If someone asks, I'll post it.
                          Post it! Post it! I still LMAO thinking about it.

My LJ

Comment

Another GABIT note ...

A few of you have asked about seeing Alan and Olivia at GABIT. The answer is "no"; the GABIT directors carefully screened them from public view, and rightly so. As much as we all were yearning to catch a glimpse of the three of them together, it would have been stepping across a boundary.

Amanda shared a lot in her talks ... often saying something about feeding the baby while Alan was feeding her or kidding Alan about her leading men ... her mentioning them painted a nice picture which was the next best thing to seeing them in person.

She planned to travel on holiday after GABIT and probably visit the many English cousins (some of whom sat in for some of her presentations). I had an aisle seat and could see the cousins and there was one older English "auntie" (?) who was beaming and smiling the whole time AT was onstage. It must have been fun to have a family reunion!

Amanda would definitely consider moving to England to do professional work ... especially live theatre. I think she once joked that she'd love a walk-on role in her favorite soap, Coronation Street! And, yet, when she traveled there last week, she was too shy to go into the commissary and meet the actors! Remember, though, her psychic predicted that she will live in England one day!

Comment

Uh oh Strix ... sounds like ya might be needin' a little Sam Carter CPR there.

Here ya go darlin'.

Swwwwweeeet!!!! Now that's more like it!

Naw, I don't really have a problem with S/Jack ship. I even wrote one shipper story that has a sequel bouncing around in my head... Although, it went over sort of luke-warm, so I may not have pulled it off too well.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                                Another GABIT note ...

A few of you have asked about seeing Alan and Olivia at GABIT. The answer is "no"; the GABIT directors carefully screened them from public view, and rightly so. As much as we all were yearning to catch a glimpse of the three of them together, it would have been stepping across a boundary.

Amanda shared a lot in her talks ... often saying something about feeding the baby while Alan was feeding her or kidding Alan about her leading men ... her mentioning them painted a nice picture which was the next best thing to seeing them in person.

She planned to travel on holiday after GABIT and probably visit the many English cousins (some of whom sat in for some of her presentations). I had an aisle seat and could see the cousins and there was one older English "auntie" (?) who was beaming and smiling the whole time AT was onstage. It must have been fun to have a family reunion!

Amanda would definitely consider moving to England to do professional work ... especially live theatre. I think she once joked that she'd love a walk-on role in her favorite soap, Coronation Street! And, yet, when she traveled there last week, she was too shy to go into the commissary and meet the actors! Remember, though, her psychic predicted that she will live in England one day!
                                Come back home Amanda, come back to England!
                                srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

Working...
                                X