• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, she is too! Go Amanda!

Comment

Originally posted by Boobala
      I found this interesting..........

hehe......*giggles uncontrolably*

Can you believe Chris does this to people on set?
      Even did it to Teryl, too.

Anyone want to caption it????????
      Apologies if this has already been covered in one of the earlier GABIT reports, but yes, Amanda did tell us all about CJ's penchant for tieing people up with duct-tape. Well, everybody should have at least one hobby...
      Amanda also said that, similar to RDA, CJ has a problem with *gas*, which he is only too happy to share with anybody who happens to be in the vicinity. Ever the professionals, the boys even devised a scale by which the volume, quality, and *texture* of each emission could be graded.

However, CJ apparently did get his come-uppance while they were filming a scene in which he was hermetically sealed into a space-suit...

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
        Apologies if this has already been covered in one of the earlier GABIT reports, but yes, Amanda did tell us all about CJ's penchant for tieing people up with duct-tape. Well, everybody should have at least one hobby...
        Amanda also said that, similar to RDA, CJ has a problem with *gas*, which he is only too happy to share with anybody who happens to be in the vicinity. Ever the professionals, the boys even devised a scale by which the volume, quality, and *texture* of each emission could be graded.

However, CJ apparently did get his come-uppance while they were filming a scene in which he was hermetically sealed into a space-suit...
        Haha yeah! Amanda and one of the directors (MW or PDL, can't remember which. Probably PDL though ) talk about that one of the audio commentaries. I think it was when they were shooting Message in a Bottle, when they were on that moon

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
          If you have not voted yet it MSNBCs IT poll get over there and vote Amanda is currently in second place.

MSNBC.com
          Just been and voted - our lady is still in the lead by a single percentage point!!!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            did anyone ask amanda if sam and orlin had sex in ascension? if not (or the answer is something you think i'd not like), can you please just tell me.

sally
            Nope.Nobody asked her about that at the panels,Sally.

The organisers didn't vet or preclude any questions from the attendees,other than questions about her private life,but Amanda asked us how far we were all up to regarding SG-1 viewing.
            There was a wide spread of answers from around the Main Hall.Some had seen up to S7,some had seen S8 and only a handful had seen S9.

Bear in mind that we came from all parts of Europe,UK,Canada ,and the US.There was one attendee from Alaska and she was the person who'd travelled the furthest !

Amanda then proceeded to give away very little about Season 8 and 9 and stuck to that policy all the way through.

The Q/A panels were done very fairly and it was a case of one question per attendee,Amanda answering,then the next person got their chance.

I didn't ask a question in the end,as I was more interested in hearing Amanda's answers...and ticking off the ones I'd planned to ask,that overlapped with other attendees questions .No point in asking the same question twice,imo.

I hope this answer helps.

#~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~#
            Now my personal opinion on the Orlin/Sam thing.She liked him very much and he idolised her...but imo,no,No Wild Thing,but sharing each other's essence when he turned into his ascended form.That was the equivalent of the old "Your thoughts to my thoughts" Spock/Vulcan mind-meld.

Got to have an effect on a girl,but if they had sex the surveillance equipment would have captured that .Simmons would have had enough evidence to have destroyed Sam's career,whatever Hammond and Jack tried in an effort to protect her,and that would have been it.

JMO !
            Last edited by Bagpuss; 04 November 2005, 05:08 AM.
            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Ooberness, I still can't green ya dammit, but that was a spot on dead perfect post.

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
              My apologies to the other-/non-/anti-shippers, as it looks like our dear VP is having a moment and needs some help. Avert your eyes if you like...

Okay Sal...here's an entirely different look at it...

I believe they brought Pete back and propelled them into an engaged coupling to further Jack/Sam ship.

How on EARTH can I say that? Simple.

Sam and Jack had FOREVER to give thought to their personal feelings for each other. They were at a stalemate...each putting duty before self-interest. Plus we know from Grace that Sam had "intimacy issues."

With Grace we saw Sam finally giving herself permission to try something else...a real relationship with a real guy who she's really allowed to date.

They were together for awhile and even got engaged. So there's no question that Sam seriously considered a future with someone else and even consented to agree to marry him.

How exactly does this prove my above assertion then? A few reasons.

First, they brought Pete back...ONSCREEN. This tells me that they were going to deal quite heavily with this aspect of her personna...one that would have to come to a head either with a wedding or a broken engagement. The ship debate would end with either result. Now if TPTB had no interest in propelling ship, then Pete would have been a memory, onscreen at least. We would have heard about him second hand...Sam would have simply and giddily announced to her coworkers that she was engaged and the issue would never again come up. She'd just be happily involved with Pete, who we'd know was still around because of strategically placed one-sided phone calls with a very happy Carter talking to her guy.

Second, Sam went as far as she possibly could (without crossing the line) to try a relationship with someone she cared about and was attracted to and found "suitable" to her dream of "a life." But when push came to shove, she couldn't go through with it. She ditched him...in part because of her feelings for Jack which by now she realized were real after all.

Affinity proves that TPTB are shippers and wanted to convey onscreen that Jack and Sam would end up together eventually. How, you say? Well, you may or may not have noticed that we are not rooting for our hero, "Lt. Colonel Samantha Shanahan" this season. If TPTB truly wanted to nip ship in the bud, having her get married to some other guy would have been a thoroughly affective way to end the whole thing once and for all. I for one would have found it exceedingly difficult to hope and wish for a married woman to break her wedding vows and "follow her heart"...plus this goes against what we know of Sam, that she puts honor above all else.

So we got Threads and all that it entailed, including Jack getting dumped because Kerry saw right through him after seeing him around Sam. Keep in mind, these moments are scripted. I'm fairly certain this was not an accident, but rather a well thought out plan by the writers to show both of them coming to turning points in their lives regarding their unresolved feelings for each other.

So seriously...I got onscreen more than I could have dreamed...a yellow house, sloshed beer, fishing and hope for the future.

So take off the cynical, brooding, bitter glasses and feel better about it my dear friend. All is well.

Now back to our regularly scheduled Samandering.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

you know why i think this gets to me (this subject and issue)? because i have absolutely, positively NO doubts that they kept pete shanahan around because he was related to one of the exec producers. this character didn't go over well, and neither did the storyline (and not just by shippers). so why bring 'him' back? and let's not forget how upset amanda was, herself, about the whole of 'affinity' (especially the last scene). agenda.

this is a *very* sore subject for me because there's been a heck of a lot of agendas going on since season 7 (and this one was a biggie). and seeing as amanda's being pushed out the door, welcome to agenda number 97.

bitter, naw.
                Hey Sal,

One more thing I wanted to add; I'm a shipper and a half. Love the Sam/Jack. I wasn't a huge fan of the Pete Shanahan / Sam Carter romance myself. And you're right, David may well have been cast due to nepotism. But that doesn't mean David (as a person) should be sent hateful mail, does it? He (as a person) didn't deserve to be castigated because "Pete Shanahan" existed in the Stargate universe, did he? That's what I'm trying to differentiate here. Pete wasn't invented for David. Pete would have been cast even if David wasn't there to take the role.

I think some fans sometimes blur the lines between fantasy and reality with respect to the actor and the character they play on TV. I've met David. He's a REALLY nice guy, as a person. I'm as glad as the next mook that Pete Shanahan is no longer in the picture on Stargate, but I can never, and will never condone the idea of people sending personal and/or professional hatemail to actors over nothing more than the "existence" of a character they play on TV. I can see writing the producers or the network and saying: "Hey, this character really bites, what were you thinking?" - But personal HATEMAIL to the ACTOR? It's just wrong. Aside from the fact that it's illogical, from a pragmatic point of view, it's also unkind, unfair, and a generally mean spirited thing to do.

I hope you understand what I'm saying here, and that it's in no way directed to any specific fan or meant to insinuate that one shouldn't have (strong) viewpoints when it comes to the characters and storylines on one's favorite TV show. Just the opposite. But there's enough general purpose hate in the world as it is; hating an actor as a person because we can't abide the character they play simply doesn't need to be added to the stack.

mini

Comment

My apologies to the other-/non-/anti-shippers, as it looks like our dear VP is having a moment and needs some help. Avert your eyes if you like...

I believe they brought Pete back and propelled them into an engaged coupling to further Jack/Sam ship.

Sam and Jack had FOREVER to give thought to their personal feelings for each other. They were at a stalemate...each putting duty before self-interest. Plus we know from Grace that Sam had "intimacy issues."

With Grace we saw Sam finally giving herself permission to try something else...a real relationship with a real guy who she's really allowed to date.

They were together for awhile and even got engaged. So there's no question that Sam seriously considered a future with someone else and even consented to agree to marry him.

First, they brought Pete back...ONSCREEN. This tells me that they were going to deal quite heavily with this aspect of her personna...one that would have to come to a head either with a wedding or a broken engagement. The ship debate would end with either result. Now if TPTB had no interest in propelling ship, then Pete would have been a memory, onscreen at least. We would have heard about him second hand...Sam would have simply and giddily announced to her coworkers that she was engaged and the issue would never again come up. She'd just be happily involved with Pete, who we'd know was still around because of strategically placed one-sided phone calls with a very happy Carter talking to her guy.

Second, Sam went as far as she possibly could (without crossing the line) to try a relationship with someone she cared about and was attracted to and found "suitable" to her dream of "a life." But when push came to shove, she couldn't go through with it. She ditched him...in part because of her feelings for Jack which by now she realized were real after all.

Affinity proves that TPTB are shippers and wanted to convey onscreen that Jack and Sam would end up together eventually. How, you say? Well, you may or may not have noticed that we are not rooting for our hero, "Lt. Colonel Samantha Shanahan" this season. If TPTB truly wanted to nip ship in the bud, having her get married to some other guy would have been a thoroughly affective way to end the whole thing once and for all. I for one would have found it exceedingly difficult to hope and wish for a married woman to break her wedding vows and "follow her heart"...plus this goes against what we know of Sam, that she puts honor above all else.

So we got Threads and all that it entailed, including Jack getting dumped because Kerry saw right through him after seeing him around Sam. Keep in mind, these moments are scripted. I'm fairly certain this was not an accident, but rather a well thought out plan by the writers to show both of them coming to turning points in their lives regarding their unresolved feelings for each other.

So seriously...I got onscreen more than I could have dreamed...a yellow house, sloshed beer, fishing and hope for the future.

So take off the cynical, brooding, bitter glasses and feel better about it my dear friend. All is well.

I can't green ya either, but fantastic post!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                    Good post, chocdoc ... looking at this whole projection from a slightly different angle. You make sense up to a point ... but I couldn't help thinking that
                    Spoiler:
                    Vala is supposed to be 'married' to some guy who has gotten her pregnant by end of S9 ... and having his baby ... so where would her SHIP potential be after that?! Doesn't sound like she can regain all her former teasing sex appeal or whatever once she's been bedded and wedded ... what do you think?!

I'm just wishing for some solid scripts, with teamcentric action, and plenty scenes with Sam. Well, I am ever the optimist. So sue me!

ChopinGal, all I can say is that I think they'll get around that very easily. Spoilers below:

Vala will be saved from this unfortunate situation--mainly by Daniel. She will then join the SG-1 universe, and the shipping (I mean this loosely) will begin.

Let me make it clear that I don't want Sam to ship at all with anyone--- if there is a hint that she sees Jack in some way, fine. I don't want her to have ship potential. I want to see Sam Carter--scientist/soldier extrodinaire right now. I WANT TO SAM TO COMMAND SG-1 AGAIN, PERIOD. But I think the suits look at the ship pontential for the characters and this affects their storylines---not all, but some storylines for the season. That's why maybe going to Atlantis occasionally may actually make sure Carter as a great character will not be wasted, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                      Spoiler:
                      Vala will be saved from this unfortunate situation--mainly by Daniel. She will then join the SG-1 universe, and the shipping (I mean this loosely) will begin.
                      Plus,
                      Spoiler:
                      I think Vala's hubby joins the dark side and probably ends up dead. So she'll have to move on, in that regard.
                      And I certainly do want the Sam/Jack "hint". It can stay in the distant background, but dern it, I want it canon-ized! Besides, I think
                      Spoiler:
                      they're already married - we just don't know it, yet!

Comment

my tastes personally, i would have given up 'threads' to save myself of seeing 'affinity' and what it stood for.

everything that sam/jack represented was in the 'lost city' eps. sam questioned her feeling (and his for her) in 'grace'. well, by 'lost city', she resolved them. period. 'new order' and 'affinity' and 'threads' weren't needed *to me* to continue the already over-bloated sam/jack/pete storyline.

also, to make it perfectly clear. i might not like pete (understatement) and i might not be wowed with david deluise, but i did not write to him or amanda or rob or anyone else against him. not my style. i also didn't write to amanda and take out my frustrations. i also don't approve of anyone getting hate mail. now that i've covered the obvious, i'll take my cynical, brooding, bitter self and give it a rest.

(by the way; i know that no one's accusing me of anything.)

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

I hated the way the Pete situation was handled, but not because I want Sam & Jack together. I want Sam to be happy and for a brief moment it looked like Pete was bringing that to Sam--til he went all weird about needing to know about her classified job. I have been an anti-shipper before I even heard such terms. And the way the writers handled the Sam/Jack situation in season 7 &8 only confirmed my views.

Did anyone ask AT about things she has in her head regarding backstory for Sam that we haven't necessarily seen on the screen?

Comment

strix, i can't green you, so everyone please excuse the OTness.

what IS your avatar???

sally
                            Hi Sal, it's a Foothold alien.

Hugs,
                            S

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                              I hated the way the Pete situation was handled, but not because I want Sam & Jack together.
                              Aw, c'mon, just........admit it! It'll make ya feel better. Bwa ha ha ha!

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                                Aw, c'mon, just........admit it! It'll make ya feel better. Bwa ha ha ha!
                                Not gonna happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X