• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
    OMG MajorSam posting here????

HEY!!!

You watch it underling!!

Here I am, amidst one of the hugest chapters in Samanda's history, trying to make peace within my kingdom and put the troubled minds of some of my dearest subjects to rest... and You poke fun *dramatic sigh* No blue jello for a MONTH for you!!!!

Madame President

P.S Seriously, I really do try to make time to come here but... I just cant
    The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
    |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
      HEY!!!

You watch it underling!!

Here I am, amidst one of the hugest chapters in Samanda's history, trying to make peace within my kingdom and put the troubled minds of some of my dearest subjects to rest... and You poke fun *dramatic sigh* No blue jello for a MONTH for you!!!!

Madame President

P.S Seriously, I really do try to make time to come here but... I just cant
      Oh noes!

Can I make up by grovelling at your feet?

*grovels*

Comment

i finally figured out what i want. i want the sam carter character to go to another show (not atlantis). i want another group of writers (with at least one woman writer on the team) to be writing for sam carter.

maybe that's why i'm 'still' not feeling relief, even after amanda's note to her fans. yes, she's staying, but the problems still persist.

so let's send sam to either another show, or create one for her (with a different team of writers).

i didn't bash the ptb, i'm just not feeling very charitable with them right now.

sally, ending whiny post number 2
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
          Want to know another reason why Amanda is top notch in my book???

Here's a great story from GABIT told to me by Sandy (who's behind the wonderful Amanda Tapping contest)...

During the cocktail party, one of her friends..."A"...was sick. Amanda apparently came over to the table when they were discussing this. So Amanda told them that as soon as she came down, she'd go over to their table rather than make "A" wait while she did 10 other tables first. And that's what happened...when "A" came downstairs, Amanda kinda went out of order and went to their table.

The next day, Amanda asked "A's" friend how she was doing...and she told Amanda that she was still not well and that she wasn't eating much nor drinking; that they had asked Terri, the gabit medic, to take a look at her and that she may need to call the hotel's doctor...but they were waiting it out because it would cost £70 and that is alot.

Amanda said, if it's necessary I will pay for the doctor, that is no problem.

Isn't that AMAZING? Amanda offered to pay for the doctor to take care of one of the GABIT attendees.

That's a class act folks.

Your so right that is a class act, it also shows that just how giving Amanda truely is and that imho is why her fans where so upset over what has happened over the last few days because if it was just "surface" caring from both Amanda and her fans the reaction would imho been a bit mooted.
          Wish we could have a few more in the world like Amanda and like the people in her fan group.
          Tara who is this morning a very happy bunny and looking foreward to s10 and what it will bring for Amanda and her character Sam
          ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
            Oh noes!

Can I make up by grovelling at your feet?

*grovels*

*raises eyebrow*

I seem to recall this happening in the past... and unfortunately i'm not a vain person, so grovelling, although very nice for my beautiful wonderful brilliant gorgeous and humble self, won't suffice...

You'll have to be more creative than that
            The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
            |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Who here thinks they are responsible for the actions of others, responsible for what others think, or say?

Sorry you feel that way but I don't

AT: Thinking - If I send this picture to TPTB for Law & Order: SVU maybe I can get an audition
              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                Uber, I am taking the liberty of using parts of your post, hopefully as my context, for a very difficult personal post ... probably the hardest post I've ever written at this thread.

I am doing this now, at my office, because it seems that I and my fellow Samandans have somehow managed to create a tempest which streamrolled out of control from our weekend reporting of Amanda's Q&A sessions at GABIT. Needless to say, the old adage of "the purest intentions" has created a hell of a difficult situation which seems to have embarrassed the actor herself and caused her to fire off a response at her website about "the only negative thing that happened" at her very special weekend at GABIT. That was the hardest sentence to read ... there should not have been anything "negative" about such a beautiful and fun weekend with her fans! We were thrilled to be in her company and to let her feel our love and support.

I am almost in tears writing this as I really have to think of a proper apology to Amanda for what seems to her a breach of trust. Those of you who know me and Coley and Kat and Tone, know that we would never intentionally hurt or malign someone we so respect and admire. I know that Coley at this very moment is just as disturbed and heartsick over this. By bringing back to SaGC what we thought would be a careful report of Amanda's own words, we opened ourselves to much more publicity than we (or she) had expected or intended. Nowhere did we report her leaving the show, but this rumor probably grew from the candor of what was reported. And now everyone is in an uproar.

Some here have tried to quell the flood of negativity and excited innuendos. Thank you for your wisdom and restraint. I, myself, posted my own strong feelings about TPTB when I should have stepped back a bit. There was a sudden spike of publicity which, obviously, could either help or hinder her in upcoming contractual negotiations. I/we should have been more mindful and sensitive to this kind of consequence.

The fact that, within the space of a few short days, so much was said by so many does, in itself, speak favorably and positively of Amanda's popularity. Fans who never posted before came to this thread and released their feelings about a fine woman and actor. So, if our premature posts caused that upswell of support, perhaps the "negative thing" also had a positive consequence too. I would like to think so.

However, the fact that our posts seem to have hurt Amanda, I cannot reconcile. I will try to make amends to her directly and will be writing for Coley, Tone, and Kat.

I am sorry that this unfortunate turn of events ever took place and I hope that Amanda will not judge Samanda by what we seemed to have done wrong but by our sincerity of heart and our love for her which have been expressed consistently and ardently on this thread.

Peace, CG

(((((((ChopinGal)))))))

You reported what Amanda said and imho it shows the depth of feelings towards Amanda and the amazing character of Sam and although i cannot speak for Amanda she most likely knows that
                Please don't feel bad.
                ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                  I sent this as a PM to Coley and I'm going to post it here too for whomever else might have attended Gabit. This is just the way it goes, straight up, folks.

You did NOTHING wrong.

---snippedidoodah!----

{{{hugs to you all}}}
                  Mini I can't green you so...Nice post. What I wanted to say were I more eloquent/awake...

((HUGS GABITEERS))) We love you and appreciate you! And I'd lay goood odds that so does Amanda

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                    I think we may have done something like this before, way back when, but let me throw this out there and see if it floats or sinks deservedly into the deep blue...

If you could meet Lt. Col. Samantha Carter, what would you say to her? And I suppose in what scenario could you meet her?
                    Seatmates on a plane? She's in uniform & you say--"so you're in the Air Force? A Colonel? How cool is that?!" She says: "Very cool."

Or a fictional scenario--you are assigned to Stargate Command in your actual professional role? In the computer dept? SG Band? Medical staff? -- and have occasion to see her in the commissary?
                    OOOOOOOoooOOOOO!!!

I'm learning to be a doctor..so probably along the lines of...

Sam wakes up in the infirmary after being knocked unconcious *again* whilst saving everyone else's behinds...

Sam: Ugh. What happened?
                    Dr. Turkey: You encountered some kind of alien device. You've been unconcious for a few hours.
                    Sam: Which explains the headache... looks oddly at Dr. Turkey I haven't seen you before have I? Or am I more sick than I think I am?
                    Dr. Turkey: Don't worry you're not hallucinating. I'm Dr. Turkey. I'm the one who replaces Dr. Lam everytime she's occupied with some escapade of Daniel and Vala's...
                    Sam: What? What have they done this time?
                    Dr. Turkey: It's the same device you encountered. Daniel did something then Vala did something...I dunno. It seemed to get complicated.
                    Sam: *rolls eyes* Great.
                    Pause as Sam considers how everyone gets in trouble when she's unconcious, and Dr. Turkey geeks out about meeting Col. Carter.
                    Dr. Turkey: So?...Any advice on what the Talent's like here?
                    Sam: Just stay away from anyone named O'Neill. With two L's.

Etc.

LOL. That was fun. Gotta love self-indulgent fanfiction. StarGate: SG-Turkey

Comment

To Our Great Gabiteers

I wasn't here tonight when you posted your concerns (I have some serious issues myself in RL right now) but I also wanted to add my thoughts as so many have done in such a wonderful way before me.
                      When I read Amanda's message on her webpage today I had similar thoughts like many of you have already expressed: damage control. But I did not for one second get the feeling that she was directing the "negative" at you. And since GW had posted the news from Gabit, I wanted to make sure that Amanda's message would also be posted on the mainpage to even it out - again damage control. (I hope that that was okay?!)

I can imagine how you must feel right now because you are very kind and special yourselves. But I do strongly believe that it was not Amanda's intention to blame you (personally) in any way. She was simply responding to what was made out of the news, the speculations that immediately started circulating across the fandom.
                      In no way could you have anticipated this result, the tremendous response that occurred. I myself was overwhelmed by it and in reality, it shows how much support Amanda has in the Stargate fandom. And I believe that this is actually a good thing.

Please, please believe me when I say, you have done NOTHING wrong, and I don't think that Amanda believes that either. I also do not think that Amanda in any way blames you for the way your posts here in our thread were made into news. All you did was report what was said during GABIT and actually your posts were way more positive than what resulted, IMO.

It is hard for me to put into words how I feel for you, but please, do not blame yourselves for this. This is not your fault, and I think just looking at your posts here tonight proves how wonderful you are . Nobody can honestly blame you for anything and I am 100% sure when I say that neither does Amanda.

I said it before, and I say it again now, it was so great that you reported to us and I cannot thank you enough for that.

I hope you will feel better soon and that you will believe what everybody has said here tonight.

Hic Comitas Regit, Always!

Originally posted by minigeek

{{{hugs to you all}}}

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

I have meet Amanda a couple of times, and let me tell you this. She's as tough as nails, it would take a lot to ruffle her feathers. I'm 100% sure that she is not upset with anyone who posted what she said at Gabit. IMO, the truth was that she was very upset at the way things were handled contract-wise. To keep a main character out of the loop while extending contracts to all other principle actors is very shoddy and IMO unforgiveable. From her point of view it ust have looked as if they were replacing her with CB. This fact as of yet will be remained to be seen. You just don't do this to an actor who has given so much and is responsable for so much of a shows success. How degradeing it must of felt to be left twistng in the wind. I am sure that the people who attended Gabit interpeted her feelings of displeasure correctly. She was upset, you interpeted this and reported this, and we too became upset with this news. With good reason, i might add. What was printed today on her website was very good news indeed! But it was a PR sort of gloss to calm things down; which was the right thing to do. The truth remains, that Amanda was feeling hurt over how she was being dealt with. She expressed this at the con. Remember what she said about wishing she had taken up golf. Meaning: that there is a good ol' boys thing going on at Bridge studios. IMO, Amanda just wants some respect & consideration that any A-list actor deserves, not this going behind your back BS.

Comment

i forgot to ask!

spoilers for s9
                          Spoiler:
                          did anyone ask amanda at gabit if sam and orlin had sex in s5's ascension?

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sky_blue_waters
                            I have meet Amanda a couple of times, and let me tell you this. She's as tough as nails, it would take a lot to ruffle her feathers. I'm 100% sure that she is not upset with anyone who posted what she said at Gabit. IMO, the truth was that she was very upset at the way things were handled contract-wise. To keep a main character out of the loop while extending contracts to all other principle actors is very shoddy and IMO unforgiveable. From her point of view it ust have looked as if they were replacing her with CB. This fact as of yet will be remained to be seen. You just don't do this to an actor who has given so much and is responsable for so much of a shows success. How degradeing it must of felt to be left twistng in the wind. I am sure that the people who attended Gabit interpeted her feelings of displeasure correctly. She was upset, you interpeted this and reported this, and we too became upset with this news. With good reason, i might add. What was printed today on her website was very good news indeed! But it was a PR sort of gloss to calm things down; which was the right thing to do. The truth remains, that Amanda was feeling hurt over how she was being dealt with. She expressed this at the con. Remember what she said about wishing she had taken up golf. Meaning: that there is a good ol' boys thing going on at Bridge studios. IMO, Amanda just wants some respect & consideration that any A-list actor deserves, not this going behind your back BS.
                            well said and i coompetely agree with you on everything that you said... it is amazing how her emotions, whether she wanted to show them or not were read by the fans and in a matter of hours was spread around the globe ... she has to know that she has all our support
                            ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

I couldn't help myself......
                              Anyone care to caption this picture?

Or this one?

Stargate Pants Girl
                              (a.k.a. Teryl's Pants Girl)
                              Mak tal shree! Lo tak meta satak Oz!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                                I think we may have done something like this before, way back when, but let me throw this out there and see if it floats or sinks deservedly into the deep blue...

If you could meet Lt. Col. Samantha Carter, what would you say to her? And I suppose in what scenario could you meet her?
                                Seatmates on a plane? She's in uniform & you say--"so you're in the Air Force? A Colonel? How cool is that?!" She says: "Very cool."

Or a fictional scenario--you are assigned to Stargate Command in your actual professional role? In the computer dept? SG Band? Medical staff? -- and have occasion to see her in the commissary?
                                Airman 2nd Class Amanda Beatrice Wilhorn reporting in...

I work on Level 54 in Cheyenne Mountain in the compound's Advertising and Marketing Division.

As it is a top secret facility, our department sees little activity. What am I saying? We see NO activity. Furthermore, why am I saying "we"? I'm the only one there in the dark, candlelit, cobweb-ridden room with only a dilapidated PC, a printer purchased when the League of Nations disbanded and a drawing pad with a coffee stain that bled through the top 17 pages to some extent or another. Okay...page 18 still looks pretty okay and I like to use that. If only I hadn't tried juggling the printer cartridge, my coffee and the abicus all at once...it was a disaster waiting to happen. Especially when the news of the Lewinsky scandal hit the airwaves (thus the coffee stain).

Hmm. On second thought, I guess if I HAVE to I could consider Higgy as part of a "we" scenario, couldn't I? She's been my apprentice going on 2 weeks now and keeps calling me Mav, like short for Maverick. She saw Top Gun for the first time a month and a half ago and just loves that callsign (plus she said Tom Cruise was...and I quote..."dreamy"). I tried explaining that just because I'm in the military, it doesn't mean I fly jets...heck, I've never seen the inside of an airplane much less fly one (I mean I'm only an Airman 2nd Class). She's...just...driving me nuts. After our time together so far, I'm not at all confident that she can advance in the ranks as I have in this division. I swear, if I hear one more thing about Fraggle Rock... And for Pete's sake, with her mad obsession about curling (yes...thanks to her, I now know who the Curling Champion of the Greater Moose Lake, Minnesota region is), you'd think she would have heard of a curling IRON???

But I digress. What was I talking about again?

Oh yeah. My working relationship with Lt. Colonel Carter. Although that might be overstating things a bit, mainly because we don't actually work together. But I did meet her once. One day I was on my way to Level 54 (I don't have clearance for anything from Levels 2 through 53 for whatever reason), and the elevator stopped at Level 28. This like has NEVER happened in the 16 years I've worked at Cheyenne!

Anyway, in walks this really nice woman (clearly military so I stood to attention and acknowledged her appropriately) and this moron who was really giving her a hard time. He said something about an "event horizon" (whatever that is)...and she gave him such a look as she indicated in my direction with her head...like he said something he shouldn't have in front of me. Then he replied to her by making personal observations about me...such as, how tragic it was that I worked for the military and clearly I was overpaid and that my job was pointless; all of which I personally took great offense to...I mean the brochure I've been working on since...uh...let me think...I'm pretty sure President Clinton just gave his 2nd Innaugural Speech when I first started this project...well it's just breathtaking I'll tell you.

Well she seemed very aggitated at him and looked like she was going to smack him or something. She introduced herself to me as Major Samantha Carter and the idiot with her as Rodney something-or-other. I of course didn't know who she was at the time...I'd have no reason to...and it took a moment to sink in that she was a Major! I wondered if I said or did or thought anything that could get me into trouble (because I did imagine punching that Rodney guy in the gut I'll tell ya)...but she was really nice about everything so I guess I dodged a bullet there.

She asked me about my work and I joked that she might not have the clearance for me to tell her. She seemed amused by my humor (I've learned from my 18 years in the Air Force, it never hurts to amuse an officer) but that Rodney fellow actually snorted at me! The nerve of that guy. She wasn't impressed with him either by the look she gave him after his less than friendly response. Well anyway, I decided it would be good form to show such a high ranking officer the work I've done on the brochure. She seemed a bit surprised that there was one though...so I pulled one of the "Beta" editions out from my portfolio (hopefully one of the ones without coffee stains on it because unfortunately, several of them had been tucked into that drawing pad when the whole Lewinsky/coffee incident I mentioned earlier occurred).

She seemed impressed (I think) but she did ask why the artwork contained several brown splotches (darn...one of the coffee stained ones after all). I guess I could've tried to blame it on someone else. Had Higgy been around, I would have blamed her probably; but instead I tried to explain as best I could and hoped I wouldn't get into too much trouble. She smiled very graciously and said "Good job. Carry on, Airman." Then the doors opened and the two of them got off the elevator together...and that was that.

Well except for the fact that she shot him the meanest look when he commented as he was exiting the elevator that my design skills were only slightly better than a drunken orangutan's.

Very nice lady. I hope to meet her again someday.
                                Last edited by Uber; 02 November 2005, 05:41 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X