Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dani76
    Here is Amanda's message on her webpage, I hope it's okay if I copy it here. It seems as if everybody is trying to access it at the same time, so it's hard to get on the webpage right now:

HI Everyone;

I just wanted to say how great it was to meet those of you who were able to attend GABIT's event this past weekend. It was a fantastic event and I had a wonderful time.

The only negative thing to come out of the weekend is a rumour that needs to be put to rest. First of all, I have every intention of returning to Stargate next year. No, my contract has not been signed, but I fully expect that it will be soon. Yes, I have been offered the possibility of working on both SG-1 and Atlantis. To what extent still remains to be seen, but I will be doing a total of 20 shows or a full season. Am I happy about it? You betcha! Yes I have been offered another series but I will participate in it only if it they are willing to work around Stargate's schedule. Stargate starts as this series wraps up. If it can work, then great. If not, then I will not be doing the other series. Stargate is a wonderful series to work on and I have every intention of staying with it. I hope that this clears up any erroneous speculation.

Now back to GABIT. It was great! Thank you to everyone for your generosity. The gifts, the letters, the cards are so greatly appreciated. I hope you all had as wonderful a time as I did.

With much love,
    Amanda

And thank you Tara for letting us know!!!

Thanks for posting this. It should help in slowing the rate of ranting. I for one may be able to relax. I also since I have already posted this on other threade in the forum, this should cover everyone.

Joanne

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
      Hi fellow Samandans, i've just been over to www.amandatapping.com and found a message from Amanda herself on the front page, please go and read it as i'm sitting here with a big smile on my face
      Thanks for the heads up, tara!

Now... call me crazy, but that was fast.

Almost too fast... As in, just-got-off-the-plane-and-got-a-call-from-one's-agent fast.

Yipes.

Disregard my paranoid ramblings if you disagree with them. Just don't try to tell me I'm crazy, because I'm still weary, I still trust no one and nothing, and I'm still skeptical.

And I'm only a little crazy.

Comment

Want to know another reason why Amanda is top notch in my book???

Here's a great story from GABIT told to me by Sandy (who's behind the wonderful Amanda Tapping contest)...

During the cocktail party, one of her friends..."A"...was sick. Amanda apparently came over to the table when they were discussing this. So Amanda told them that as soon as she came down, she'd go over to their table rather than make "A" wait while she did 10 other tables first. And that's what happened...when "A" came downstairs, Amanda kinda went out of order and went to their table.

The next day, Amanda asked "A's" friend how she was doing...and she told Amanda that she was still not well and that she wasn't eating much nor drinking; that they had asked Terri, the gabit medic, to take a look at her and that she may need to call the hotel's doctor...but they were waiting it out because it would cost £70 and that is alot.

Amanda said, if it's necessary I will pay for the doctor, that is no problem.

Isn't that AMAZING? Amanda offered to pay for the doctor to take care of one of the GABIT attendees.

That's a class act folks.

Last edited by Uber; 01 November 2005, 11:04 AM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Hey y'all! I'm glad that our doomscenario (bad things happening to Sam and/ or Amanda (you know where and what) are hopefully (my opinion) are comming to an end.

Earlier today I tought: OK if I was her and I couldn't agree of how Sam will be played in Season 10 and we really can't solve that problem, I just gonna do that Whistler thing. But now I read the post of Our Amanda on her own site and I think, My God, what wonderdul woman she is. Participating in that Whistler thingy, only if they can arranger her shemes arround Stargate! So I'm glad for a few things: a) we WILL see Sam in Season 10 b) She had a GREAT time during GABIT and c) the gifts and letters, ... all arrived well.

Oh by the way, 2 more things, 1) Thanx Über for the compliment, hey I think regurly of my fellow Samandans LOL (wink) and 2) I forgot your name but, wonderful pictures ya have on your MSN space site (by lack of naming it correctly)

Über, yasureyabetcha I'm gonna sign your Guestbook as soon as your Amanda/Sam site is online!

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

Here's a great story from GABIT told to me be Sandy (who's behind the wonderful Amanda Tapping contest)...

During the cocktail party, one of her friends..."A"...was sick. Amanda apparently came over to the table when they were discussing this. So Amanda told them that as soon as she came down, she'd go over to their table rather than make "A" wait while she did 10 other tables first. And that's what happened...when "A" came downstairs, Amanda kinda went out of order and went to their table.

The next day, Amanda asked "A's" friend how she was doing...and she told Amanda that she was still not well and that she wasn't eating much nor drinking; that they had asked Terri, the gabit medic, to take a look at her and that she may need to call the hotel's doctor...but they were waiting it out because it would cost £70 and that is alot.

Isn't that AMAZING? Amanda offered to pay for the doctor to take care of one of the GABIT attendees.

Wauw Über, that's really a great story about Amanda, yeah by that act (very noble deed) she deserved her heaven (well Heaven in General). She's such an ANGEL. Thanx Über and Amanda, for lettin' me know why Amanda is my favorit actress, and actress number 1 on my list!

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Here's a great story from GABIT told to me by Sandy (who's behind the wonderful Amanda Tapping contest)...

Thanks for sharing that! That is absolutely a class act!!
              "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
              My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

That's an awesome story, Mary Beth. Very cool. It's always nice to know that you're not a fangirl for nothing.

Now, are we allowed to talk about the world record that was set on Sunday or am I confused (and in trouble)?

Comment

New poll on the main page. Vote your preference.

Comment

Now that is how a true celebrity should act, amazing.
                    srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

Yeah. See, things like that turn me into such a simpering Amanda-fan-gurl. What a sweetheart.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                        Considering that most folks here and I will never see eye to eye on this, not sure what else I can say.

I still think it's wrong for all the PTB bashing when supposedly Samandans have made it clear it's not ok to bash other characters, but TPTB are fair game? How is that fair? I'm not saying I like what's happening, just trying to get some to realize that TPTB are answering to a higher authority (Sony/Skiffy if you ask me) and the great "SS" are the ones trying to make the writers/PTB change the show. Who's to say that TPTB like what's happening any more than we do. They just can't complain like we can. It's kinda stupid to bit the hand that feeds you.
                        Yes - thank you for saying what I have not been able to the last couple of days. As several folks know here this was a very difficult weekend personally for me. This is why I did not comment much on the news as it broke from London publicly. I did not trust myself in what I might say due to person issues. It is in my personal opininion never okay to bash or call anyone involved in the show names. We don't work on the show and do not have the right. Express your view, so your not happy with something, that is all part of the viewing fandom but to call people names and bash them with only one piece of the puzzle information wise. Well not a good thing to do.

Now how about another picture since that was about all I was good for this weekend.

Caption Anyone?
                        My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Sun "capital k" Krux I hope you don't feel beaten up here by anyone. If so give me their names and locations and AD, 1speed and I will rush over, zats in hand.
                          I don't feel beaten up by anyone here. Thanks for the offer of taking care of business as it were for me, but I can take care of myself. *pulls out her whip and pulse pistol and caresses each lovingly, like any good soldier would

I'm with you here too...I think we all are. The thing is that when it comes to Sam, all we've gotten from TPTB this year are the most outlandish and bizarre explanations regarding issues that should be basic and nailed down tightly and so when we pile the mountain of beefs we have with the concept of Amanda being a recurring and Claudia being a regular it just feels as if they are nudging Sam out of the way to make room for the new and improved Stargate SG-1 and all that entails...that they are phasing her out for their shiny new toys. Does that mean that's what they are actually doing? Not necessarily.

But my point is they made this bed by the things they've said and done this year. There was nothing wrong with what Amanda said or the Gabiteers' reports or Samanda's and SG-1 fandom's reaction. Amanda told the convention goers what was going on because she knew they'd ask and she was being straight with them. What happened after that was fans drawing conclusions based on trends we've witnessed this past year BASED on decisions made by TPTB. Like I said, they made their bed...and this is the result.
                          It seems to me that many here (and rightly so, since Amanda is so talented) are only willing to see it strictly from AT's side and not give TPTB the benifit of doubt. Remember, they answer to Sony/Skiffy and in the past to MGM/Showtime. They would be stupid to bit the hand that feeds them. So their bed gets messed up every now and then. I have faith they'll be able to make it and make the most out of what they can.

Truth be told (not that I'm lying anywhere else), I don't want anyone nudged out for the sake of the new and improved SG-1. Additionally, I really WANT Vala to be there...maybe not full time but I do want to see her again. Furthermore, I really think that the "opposites attract" friendship would do tons to add depth to both characters and could be a really fascinating dynamic if they go that route. I just cringe at the idea of Vala TAKING THE PLACE OF Sam...having her as an addition to the cast is fine by me...especially if she and Sam become friends. I know that Claudia and Amanda really hit it off and I know they are both top notch ladies with great senses of humor and extremely talented actresses. It would be a waste to let that slip by unexplored.
                          I'm with ya there, as much as I love Vala, I do not want her taking ANYONE's place, just an addition to the show, be it as a regular or reoccuring character. I would like to think TPTB can actually handle all that estrogen in one place.

So...to recap...even if we're wrong about everything, I don't regret a thing. Fandom almost universally united behind Amanda/Sam...and JM felt the need to devote 3 paragraphs of his blog and answer questions directly about this because it became such an issue...and all of that is good. They know she's a fan favorite...maybe they needed reminding. Who knows? Maybe they started taking Amanda and Sam for granted and needed a kick in the caboose to remember what they have in her.
                          I guess my main issue is the fact that some here are perfectly ok with bashing TPTB (whether or not they deserve it is beside the point, imho) when it's not allowed to bash other characters. For me, I see the cast/crew of any given show as a family and bashing one or the other is wrong, period. It's also not fair to say, "No bashing other characters" and yet bash TPTB. They're all equal in my eyes...they all work equally as hard to bring us an hours worth of entertainment each week.

I'm glad Amanda mentioned it on her site too...although I hope that none of this caused her any problems. Actually it might have the opposite affect because she'd have a little leverage when negotiating her contract. That also could be a good thing coming from a negative experience.

Then again, if we were right and they do try to phase her out, then we don't have to watch the show anymore...and I'll enjoy my DVD collection (even my crappy R4 Season 8 ones) and enjoy who Carter was and imagine what she might have been.
                          Obvivously, it caught someone in AT's camp's attention, enough so that AT felt the need to share what she did on her site. That's why I suggested that no one write Sony/Skiffy YET as it could cause problems for Amanda's contract. I imagine she's going over it with a fine toothed comb with her agent/lawyer to make sure she gets what she deserves, needs and wants out of the "SS". At least I hope that's what she's doing. I know I would. LOL

It's all good folks...just consider me the voice of reason. I tend to do that a lot in any fandom I'm a part of.
                          sigpic
                          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                            Yes - thank you for saying what I have not been able to the last couple of days. As several folks know here this was a very difficult weekend personally for me. This is why I did not comment much on the news as it broke from London publicly. I did not trust myself in what I might say due to person issues. It is in my personal opininion never okay to bash or call anyone involved in the show names. We don't work on the show and do not have the right. Express your view, so your not happy with something, that is all part of the viewing fandom but to call people names and bash them with only one piece of the puzzle information wise. Well not a good thing to do.
                            (((((((((((tsaxlady))))))))))))))
                            I know how one's personal issues can affect how one responds to other things not even related to the issues. Hence my trying to be the voice of reason in all this. We SOOOOOOOOO need to hook up in Burbank in a few weeks!

Now how about another picture since that was about all I was good for this weekend.
                            Oooooo I love to caption pictures.

Caption Anyone?

A little conversation between takes...
                            CJ - Why don't those Samandans fight for me like they do for you?
                            AT - Maybe it has to do with the hair. What is up with that any way? Don't you realize you look soooo much hotter without it?
                            sigpic
                            I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Wynonna???? Did you get WYNONNA?!?!????

Regarding sending letters, I say send them anyway...not, repeat NOT about the issue...but rather letters that talk about the positive...how much we appreciate/love Amanda/Sam...yadda yadda. Zero...zippo SQUAT on the issue as you're right...this weekend could be a really good thing for Amanda and I for one don't want to screw it up at all for her on any level...especially with the SS.

But as for letters about Amanda and Sam?? I say there's never a wrong time to be appreciative and supportive.

Sorry I can't green you SunKrux...so let me instead smother you with lurve.......

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((SunKrux))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I hope you can still breathe after that hug...those kinds of Überhugs can constrict one's airways if we aren't careful.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

(((((((SunKrux)))))) Thanks - A friend I met this summer at the BGS & SG Con lives in Burbank so I'm going to stay with her on Saturday night when I drive down for the Farscape Con so maybe I will buy a day pass for Saturday as well. We do need to meet at the con - have a feeling we will get along very well. I'll PM you for details.

Here is an article I ran across this morning - a bit OT but I'm sure if Astro was around she would tell us about it - so in Honor of Astro please read on:

NASA has a plan for asteroid deflection

NASA has outlined plans for dealing with an asteroid a quarter of a mile wide that astronomers believe is on a near-collision course with Earth. The agency says there is no need at present to dispatch a radio transponder to the asteroid, but adds that it will be keeping a close eye on the rock's progress through the solar system.

Stargate fans will no doubt delight in the knowledge that the asteroid, which used to be known as 2004MN4, has now been dubbed 99942 Apophis.

(snip)

Full article can be found here
                                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X