Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    And i think that it is beautifully appropriate that the person who started this wonderful thread made the 20,000th post

Congrats to MajorSal!!!!!

i'll tell you guys (as skydiver knows), i was *very* upset about all of this news, to the point of having trouble sleeping. but being with everyone and talking things out and seeing the *wonderful* outpouring of love and support for amanda/sam from outside of samanda... it's helped to relieve my spirits a lot. it also gives me hope that all is not lost for amanda. i hope she knows how much we care? i hope the ptb from all the major players in this see the outpouring of support.

amanda is a beautiful soul and deserves only the best.

sally

ps - ooh, i just saw some green jellos left for me. thanks, guys!
    sally

sigpic

Comment

to everyone that's congratulated me (on and off the thread), THANK YOU.

i can't rep a lot, so i'll try when it'll allow me.

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
        And Über forgot to mention Sam's First, Best and Truest Love, to which she's been faithful in all its incarnations: the Stargate itself.

Sam/Gate
        Aw, I love that.

From the Beginning

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
          Just to jump in here and add that some of the info people are also going on comes from Mallozzi's AJM thread wherein he specifically stated that we would be seeing a lot more of vala in S10 so I think people take that to mean she will be at least recurring if not regular. He has also said that S10 is when the whole vala baby thing will be fleshed out so I think is is a good bet she will be around quite a bit, as unfortunate as I find that to be.
          "seeing a lot more of vala in S10" - I certainly hope they aren't talking about her costumes, though, it does give me an image I think I'd like to see...

Vala, gazing down at her pregnant self: "I've got the doom of the universe in my belly! How should I have expected THAT?"

Sam, coming in the Infirmary door: "'Doom of the Universe'? Um... What?"

Landry, eyebrows arched just so: "Well, what else can you expect if you run around the galaxy dressed in black leather cut down to there and tight as that? It's an invitation, and you issued it."

"I did not - I'd remember if there'd been an RSVP like this, I think."

Sam, walking over to them: "General Landry, with all due respect, I'm not in the habit of striking senior officers, but, you should know that remarks like that one sure do make it tempting."

Landry, his tone silky: "Colonel?"

Sam: "General. Suggestions that any woman can expect to be impregnated against her will because of what she wears constitute harassment and intimidation, and certainly conduct unbecoming any officer and gentleman in the United States Armed Forces, regardless of the woman to whom they are directed. Suggestions that Vala should have known she'd end up with the - Doom of the Universe - in her womb because she was wearing low cut black leather are simply ludicrous."

Landry blinks. Blinks again. "It was a joke - "

Sam and Vala in unison: "NOT."

Landry: "Ah - I think I need to be elsewhere, now."

Sam, looking at Vala with a thoughtful frown, as Vala watched the general leave: "In fact, this entire situation is ludicrous."

Vala, rolling her eyes: "And how. Do you think the doctor's finished with the latest round of tests and I can leave?"

Sam, grinning suddenly: "Sniff and tear up and tell her you're gonna drop the Doom of Universe on her floor right here and now if she produces even one more needle today."

Vala, surprised that the suggestion is coming from Carter. "You think that'll work?"

"Clutch your stomach while you do it, and I bet she'll carry you out of here herself."

Vala, with a snort. "Hmmm. And him?"

Sam laughed. "I think you've just become General Landry's very favorite pregnant woman - whether he knows it - "

"Or not!" Vala finishes, laughing too. "Oh, I can hardly wait to tell him."

I think Sam and Vala as friends and cohorts would be A Force To Be Reckoned With Maybe that's what this is all about? The guys would be helpless before them, and, in less than a season they'd be running the whole Tau'ri Stargate program.
          ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
            Just things that were said here and there. She was quite clear that they were thinking about her being in both shows, she has a contract for 20 eps, if they say thinking about what to do with Sam they must be considering her not being in the SG1 team. Amanda chose to start the con with this information, it was not in response to any questions but again it may have been to stop any questions on the topic and explain why we have not got news that she has signed - as she only got the contract a week last friday. The fact that she asked the audience if she should sign, all be it half jokingly sounded like she wasn't sure about the deal herself. Insane ramblings from the insanley tired

wow, she started off the con with this information. I think she wants some feed back from her fans. Our reaction is : WE'RE AS MAD AS HELL AND WE'RE NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE !!

Comment

Coming out of lurkdom for a brief visit....I don't see any negativity on this thread concerning the whole situation about AT and the character she portrays. I see frustration, anxiety, fear, disbelief, shock (should I go on) that an integral Stargate SG-1 character and a great actress that portrays forementioned integral character was basically dissed by TPTB. After 9 years with the show, you figured they would have done better by AT and Sam. TPTB could have at least gone to AT to explain the situation first instead of AT having to go ask the question. That's what upsets me the most, she had to hear scuttlebutt first before hearing it straight from the horse's mouth. (Just my 2¢ worth)

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                Aw, I love that.

From the Beginning
                And I love that picture - every time I see that shot, Sam's fingers ever so softly touching the absolutely 'impossible,' my degree in Physics nudges my imagination to wake my sense of wonder, and I find myself saying '...if only...' ever so softly. And then I have to rub my eyes dry...

I am such a sentimental geek sometimes...
                ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
                  And I love that picture - every time I see that shot, Sam's fingers ever so softly touching the absolutely 'impossible,' my degree in Physics nudges my imagination to wake my sense of wonder, and I find myself saying '...if only...' ever so softly. And then I have to rub my eyes dry....
                  But it's not impossible. Because we've all been here before...we just don't know it yet.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                  ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

this is my fave team pic, which i once used as my sigpic and slightly tweaked with a message at the bottom of the pic. i think i used this when i found out rda wasn't coming back.

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      this is my fave team pic, which i once used as my sigpic and slightly tweaked with a message at the bottom of the pic. i think i used this when i found out rda wasn't coming back.

http://img460.imageshack.us/img460/8...emyteam0tk.png

sally
                      Sally that's a great one -

With this I'm out of here for the night - take care all and stay safe

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                        it is set in the town of Whistler (Whistler mountain) which is near, or in, Vancouver, I think;

they talk about the talent pool in Vancouver being very deep and that it will be filmed in Langley which I am assuming is near Vancouver (someone from Canada can confirm or correct please) which is where Stargate is filmed and where AT lives now so if my guess is right she and her family will NOT have to uproot and move away from her home;
                        Just to clarify:

Whistler village is about 120 (?) or so kilometres outside Vancouver. I'm guess-timating that number. It takes between 1.5-2 hours to drive there.

Langley is southeast of Van, past Surrey. Takes about 45 minutes or so to get there depending on traffic.

Comment

Also just wanted to say CONGRATS to Samanda on 20000 posts and 1000 pages!! Thanks for making this such a fun and positive place to hang out. *HUGS* all around. I was dishing out green but then I got told I'd given out too much and had to wait.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

http://img460.imageshack.us/img460/8...emyteam0tk.png
                            Oh I adore this picture! I've never seen it before.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              let's try to keep the negativity towards a personto a minimum please. Samana is above that

oh and speaking of milestones, who is it that i see will hit the big 500 soon???? *hint* strix
                              you actually made me look up the world 'personto'....

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                                And I hate to say what hit me first when I read that last night was the Sam/McKay ship angle. I know there are many who lurve it and I fully respect their right to ship that pair. However, I don’t. I saw McKay as a huge thorn in Sam's side professionally and personally and shudder to think of the juvenile jokes that would try to fly as so-called romantic banter on SG:A. All I can think about is how stressed Sam'd be, stuck with him and his attentions in a big, but sparsely populated base, away from the support of her friends, unable to relieve herself of the potential pest... And the professional meddling…. The only sparks that might fly are when Sam finally decks him!

i wouldn't like the sam-mckay ship angle either. and even if i weren't a sam/jack shipper, i'd still not want her with mckay. he was a jerk to her 99 percent of the time he was around her. how can that be romantic?

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X