Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coley
    Chocdoc

Possibly communicate that we hope Sam retains a pivotal role in the SG1 Team despite Atlantis commitments, they may still be working on whether she can do this practically.

There must be a reason why they want to put her in Atlantis. Lets not make RC the bad guy out of all this becasue he failed to communicate with her. The producers may be getting direction from Scify and or Sony on all this and they may working out how they can protect Amanda whilst still keeping others happy.

All we know is that Amanda doesn't know anything and to my mind expected to be back as normal in SG1 until all this blew up and I just don't think she was impressed by the fact that she was in the dark when everyone else had already been asked back

Thanks, Coley. This seems like very constructive advice.

Comment

Golfbooy

We only know that CB has been asked back - it may only be for one ep - who knows???!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
        Hey tsaxlady! Where are you getting all these great behind the scenes pics? Well where ever ... Thanks for posting them!!
        Season 8 DVD photo galleries - glad you enjoy them
        My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
          Tonight sure is pic night. But then, we do have the world's prettiest model.

Wow! That is a great picture, minigeek!!

Comment

BAGPUSS HI!! It was great to meet you at the con - have you any thoughts to add???

Comment

GUys don't sledge on Vala. She's funny really. And it isn't CB's fault that TPTB (or the higher TPTB, SciFi etc.) have decided to make this move.

I wasn't around for the SDJ campaighn days, and from what I've heard, I'm pretty glad about that! Let's not start sledging on other characters or actors.

LEt's keep the Samandan spirit alive and cheerful , otherwise I'm back to Lurkville...

Comment

Originally posted by crazedturkey
                GUys don't sledge on Vala. She's funny really. And it isn't CB's fault that TPTB (or the higher TPTB, SciFi etc.) have decided to make this move.

I wasn't around for the SDJ campaighn days, and from what I've heard, I'm pretty glad about that! Let's not start sledging on other characters or actors.

LEt's keep the Samandan spirit alive and cheerful , otherwise I'm back to Lurkville...
                Exactly.

I, for one, want ALL the characters in season 10.

Comment

Golfbooy

We only know that CB has been asked back - it may only be for one ep - who knows???!!!!

Just to jump in here and add that some of the info people are also going on comes from Mallozzi's AJM thread wherein he specifically stated that we would be seeing a lot more of vala in S10 so I think people take that to mean she will be at least recurring if not regular. He has also said that S10 is when the whole vala baby thing will be fleshed out so I think is is a good bet she will be around quite a bit, as unfortunate as I find that to be.

Comment

Hi everyone. Have just read thru the last few pages of this thread and I have to say that the way Amanda Tapping is being treated does not surprise me in the least.
                    Its know different than the way they treated Micheal Shanks back in season 5 with absolutlely no respect or simply consideration. How they can think of doing this to her is beyond me. Together with CJ, MS and RDA she has been the reason Stargate is about to rewrite the record books for a Scifi tv show and should be there full time to be a part the accolades that will come the shows way.

I have been apart of may fandoms over many years of TV viewing and can't say I have ever seen any other shows PTTB treat their stars so shoddily and depolorablely than Stargates. They should be ashamed of themselves.

If Amanda and Micheal have any brains at all they will take the other offers being made to them and run not walk away from Stargate.

just the opinion of a very disolutioned fan
                    Last edited by tryxy; 30 October 2005, 06:51 PM.

Comment

exactly. let's not rag on claudia. i sincerely doubt she ran to skiffy or mgm and begged them to get rid of amanda so that she could have a job

IMHO, what we're likely seeing here is network executives at their normal stupidness. Just like all the folks that are bagging on JM are, imho, wrong.

Joe's too small a cog in too big of a machine. he has zero control over casting.

if you feel the need to blame someone, blame mgm or skiffy, not the other actors
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Golfbooy

It's a nice thought, but I'm not sure how likely that is. They certainly seem quite keen to make sure she's back, especially if they're talking to CB before they talk to AT.

Originally Posted by crazedturkey:

I'm not sledging on Vala. I'm just pointing out that it is very odd and disrespectful for a new cast member to be approached about returning before a veteran who has been there nine years. Like it or not, it does indicate a certain viewpoint on the part of the producers, be it that they think Vala is more vital to the future of the show, that they take Amanda Tapping's contributions and continued participation for granted, or otherwise. And, I'm sorry, I think it takes a massive amount of naivete to believe that Claudia Black's proposed addition to the cast and the possible notion of Amanda Tapping splitting her time between two shows are mutually exclusive decisions on the part of the producers. They are related. I'm not advocating nor condoning any animosity towards Claudia Black; there's no need to sound the alarms. But there's also no point in ignoring the supposed details of the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                          Wow! That is a great picture, minigeek!!
                          Thanks Chocdoc.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Yesterday, and even earlier today, I was thinking of subscribing to this thread because I (thought I was) am a big fan of Samantha Carter and Amanda Tapping -- apparently she was in an episode of "Due South" but I can't remember which episode and don't recall seeing her but I'm a big fan of "Due South" so this tid bit I always remember. After reading the past posts from yesterday, I don't think I even hit the posts from today and I've been reading for two or three HOURS!, there's no way I'm subscribing. I don't back anything I've read thus far ... Instead I'm just left with my mouth hanging open with the hate I'm reading here.

Because AT/SC MIGHT be split between two shows, you aren't going to watch either? And Atlantis sucks, you don't watch it but it must suck because you don't watch it ... Or is it because Sam and Jack aren't in it that it sucks? I can't keep track anymore. I didn't realize the name of the show was actually "Stargate: Sam and Jack" ... I'm really new to the show so maybe that's just my shortsightedness. I thought it was the writing that really made the show, again I'm new.

:: Shaking her head :: Just ... :: Continues to shake her head in disbelief ::

Adrianne
                            If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
                            It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianneP
                              Because AT/SC MIGHT be split between two shows, you aren't going to watch either? And Atlantis sucks, you don't watch it but it must suck because you don't watch it ... Or is it because Sam and Jack aren't in it that it sucks? I can't keep track anymore. I didn't realize the name of the show was actually "Stargate: Sam and Jack" ... I'm really new to the show so maybe that's just my shortsightedness. I thought it was the writing that really made the show, again I'm new.

Adrianne
                              No, I think you'll find that people here are angry because our favourite character (to our perception) is being shafted. Ask any Daniel fan what they'd think of Daniel being reduced and split between Atlantis and I'll think you'll find they'd have a similiar reaction. Or go ask someone what the fan reaction was to Daniel leaving the show in season 6. They were, justifiably, upset. Just like we are.

I watch Atlantis and I like it. I don't know where you're getting the impression that everyone here hates it...

And you've obviously missed the point of this thread if you somehow have got the impression that everyone here is a Shipper - I could just as easily say that all Daniel fans want nothing more the show to be "Stargate: Jack and Daniel" but I wont because despite while some fans try to lead me to believe otherwise, I know thats not the case. I personally have no interest in the Ship, and I would be happy if it was never spoken of again. So I get abit annoyed when people try to tell me that all fans of Sam have to be a Sam/Jack shipper. Because its quite apparent to me that they're not.

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianneP
                                Yesterday, and even earlier today, I was thinking of subscribing to this thread because I (thought I was) am a big fan of Samantha Carter and Amanda Tapping -- apparently she was in an episode of "Due South" but I can't remember which episode and don't recall seeing her but I'm a big fan of "Due South" so this tid bit I always remember. After reading the past posts from yesterday, I don't think I even hit the posts from today and I've been reading for two or three HOURS!, there's no way I'm subscribing. I don't back anything I've read thus far ... Instead I'm just left with my mouth hanging open with the hate I'm reading here.

Adrianne
                                The episode of Due South was called Starman. Amanda played a civilian scientist who worked in a top secret military facility on a top secret project involving aliens.

The problem here has to do with the fact that Amanda is to the best of our knowledge being treated really shabbily, as is Samantha Carter and her fans with her. That's just a fact.

It seems clear that the reason is because they don't know how to fit her in their "new" SG-1, which clearly will include a fulltime Vala...and this tells me that they are heading in a very campy direction where class and intelligence is apparently too difficult to write for.

This is my beef...how Amanda is treated by those she thought respected her, how the fans are treated by TPTB who don't seem to care because they have a new, bright shiny vision for the show. These things bode poorly for a show that has had a lot of changes this past year. Reducing an integral member to recurring IS A BAD SIGN.

I like Atlantis...so I don't know what you mean about that show.

As for ship, well yes I am a shipper, but Sam fans are not united in that issue. Many like ship, many hate ship, many have shipped her with other people or where Agent Dark is concerned, she's shipped with food and artillery (preferrably blue jello and hot dogs and a P90). We are united however in the fact that Sam is a compelling character and for many of is the sole reason we are still watching.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X