Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strix varia
    Good to hear you all had a good time. I look forward to hearing CG's report when she gets back, and seeing all of Kat's pics!

Where are Kat's pictures from the con. I started searching back through trying to find her post with the web site, but that has been more than a few pages back and I haven't found it yet. Can anyone help??

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
      Someone is tinkering with the formula or suggesting such, with an eye to increasing ratings and hitting some other target audience or maybe none of the above.
      Or all of the above

JMOHO on Sam on SG:A - Not good. SGA is still gelling character and plot-wise. What is the ultimate goal storywise, to place Sam in Atlantis? Characterwise, I agree with many here – to make time for Sam in the 40-some-odd minutes of SGA, some existing character won’t have screen time. Will that mean Sam’ll be given dialogue lines that another character should have been saying? Like we saw with all the characters spouting Jack's lines the past 2 years?

And I hate to say what hit me first when I read that last night was the Sam/McKay ship angle. I know there are many who lurve it and I fully respect their right to ship that pair. However, I don’t. I saw McKay as a huge thorn in Sam's side professionally and personally and shudder to think of the juvenile jokes that would try to fly as so-called romantic banter on SG:A. All I can think about is how stressed Sam'd be, stuck with him and his attentions in a big, but sparsely populated base, away from the support of her friends, unable to relieve herself of the potential pest... And the professional meddling…. The only sparks that might fly are when Sam finally decks him!

Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

maybe page 980 or so

tha's when the gabit stuff started to get posted
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
          Chocdoc

Possibly communicate that we hope Sam retains a pivotal role in the SG1 Team despite Atlantis commitments, they may still be working on whether she can do this practically.

There must be a reason why they want to put her in Atlantis. Lets not make RC the bad guy out of all this becasue he failed to communicate with her. The producers may be getting direction from Scify and or Sony on all this and they may working out how they can protect Amanda whilst still keeping others happy.

All we know is that Amanda doesn't know anything and to my mind expected to be back as normal in SG1 until all this blew up and I just don't think she was impressed by the fact that she was in the dark when everyone else had already been asked back
          Hi Coley: Thanks again for the reports and tidbits of info you have been sharing. I am glad that you ahd a good time over the weekend overall.

I understand where you are coming from in not taking down cooper but I have had a problem with him, and his attitude, for years now and I see him as the pivotal problem with the Carter character since mid-season 7 so my disgust with him is not new and I feel that his most recent actions were unprofessional and cowardly toward AT and do nothing but lower my expectations of him - right now they are pretty much in the negative territory and have been for awhile (since at least that alex levine blog and that mysoginistic crap they tried to pull).

IMO, it should not matter one whit if sony or skiffy told him to treat AT like this and not discuss anything with her when he knew it was wrong and unprofessional and when he knew that the others were ALL being spoken with and negotiated with for full-time roles. He should have grown a backbone by now and stood up for one of his only 2 ORIGINAL remaining lead characters who have been there all 9 years that this show has been on - one of the most loyal, hardest working and apparently nicest people on the Stargate lot, based on the comments of everyone that meets and/or knows her.

Sorry to be so twisted up by this but it has really stuck in my craw, especially because I can feel the show slipping away - which for me started in S7 - and instead of doing anything to fix it they just keep making it worse these days. I want AT to be happy and, granted I was not there but it sounds to me like she was using humour to cover her hurt feelings, I am sure most of us have been there at some point in our lives and we all know what it feels like and it seems in her nature to cover it up - she is after all a professional even if some of the people she has to work with are not -and I am sure she would not speak ill of anyone but by putting this news out and then asking whether she should sign the contract it is saying to me she wants to guage the fan reaction to see what they would do if she did not return because it sounds to me like she is definitley on the fence and if she is on the fence then perhaps, after 9 years, it's time for her to move on to bigger and better things especially since she has what sounds like pretty good opportunities open to her right now.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
            Hey Sally I like this idea

Hey tsaxlady! Where are you getting all these great behind the scenes pics? Well where ever ... Thanks for posting them!!

Comment

I'm too shocked for words right now to say anything inteligent about this mess so I'll just give congratulations on reaching the 1000 page 20.000 posts milestones. Thank you for creating such a nice place for Sam/AT fans to visit.

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
                That doesn't mean that TPTB don't respect Amanda - but it doesn't guarantee they do, either. It's perfectly possible to value a person without respecting them, and, without being psychic, never to tell which is which while listening to someone else speak.
                So true. And it makes me think that as wonderful and easygoing a person that AT has proven to be, the assumption of TPTB may be that AT will always be on board with whatever they concoct for as much, or as little, as they need her. But in VR and in RL… it’s not a good thing to assume things. (Remember the old A$$-out-of-U-and-Me thing? )
                I think TPTB just want to make a different show than the SG-1 that Amanda was in for eight years – whether that show’s their idea, or Sci Fi’s, or Sony’s or MGM’s, or some all encompassing acronym that represents input from all entities listed, and/or some more who are in on the financing.
                Bingo!

Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                  Where are Kat's pictures from the con. I started searching back through trying to find her post with the web site, but that has been more than a few pages back and I haven't found it yet. Can anyone help??
                  Here's a link to Kat's photos.

http://spaces.msn.com/members/foreversg1/

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Eleta
                    I say good luck to AT and whatever choices she makes!!
                    Originally posted by Dani76
                    And, Amanda, if you should ever stop by and read this, please know that we are behind you 100% of the way, whatever you may decide and whatever may happen. Please know that we adore you and support you no matter what. And, thank you for making such a big difference in my life and for being such an inspiration!

Couldn't have said it any better!

Last edited by ShimmeringStar; 30 October 2005, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan

Look for the Photo Album section on the Home page.
                      ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
                        I can't think of anything more uplifting right now than expecting all the reports from Gabit from our dear Samandans! So far I'm lapping up any mention of Samanda and Astro's hand delivered fan book to AT, and *sigh* that she MENTIONED SAMANDA BY NAME! Almost enough to make me swoon.
                        Say it again Sam… I mean TE1!

And thanks to Kat, CG & Coley for taking the time out of a whirlwind of a weekend to share their experiences with us. We truly appreciate it.

((((Gabiteers))))

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                          Here's a link to Kat's photos.

Thanks!!!

Comment

Thanks, Coley, for providing a few more details. The whole situation still sounds absolutely deplorable. For now, I'm going to go on grasping at straws and hope that this whole split time notion is just a bad idea that never, ever materializes. I know, I know, and tommorrow I'll find that big sack of fifties I've been looking for, too. It does seem that everyone is going to the most outrageous and improbable lengths in order to facilitate Vala's addition to the show. Bah, I'm just going to sit here and stew in my own anger and disappointment for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                              (best part is I checked and I do get Noggin so I am psyched if she goes for it then I can watch.
                              i just checked too... i have it!!

i've never heard of this channel, but i'm SO glad it's available on my cable channel lineup.

(now at least i'll be able to get my weekly fix of amanda tapping )

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Tonight sure is pic night. But then, we do have the world's prettiest model.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Working...
                                X