Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AGateFan
    Why is apophis standing outside Carters cockpit in the first picture .
    LOL that's not Peter Williams - this is from behind the scene footage and that is a crew member in the background.
    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
      Amanda was on really great form throughout the con. She is comic genius and very down to earth.

I want to make it clear - very clear that what she said came accross as her giving us some facts she wasn't complaining or maoning she was making it into a joke - typical Amanda - but to me the fact that she mentioned it meant she felt something about it and kat, CG, 1speed and myself all came to that same conclusion.

How could she not feel something about it! Why do you say that she would not have a pivotal role in either show---is that what she said? Or is that the feeling you got? Why was the audience less than enthusiastic about her signing? Becuase of this "demotion" for her?

Thanks, Coley, for posting tonight.

Comment

oh yeah, solitudes is great.

you know, looking back, i think that eps was when jack began to totally trust and accept sam

up to that point, sure, she was a co-worker and good second in command...but she was just there

but, ship or not, that experience forged a bond between them that is unrivaled
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

It sounds like those who may hypothesize that RDA was the glue for Stargate SG-1, may be correct. I miss RDA. I miss the SG-1 Team dynamic. I miss the special qualities that Jack, Sam, Teal'c and Daniel each brought to the Team. It is sad to see it unravel character by character, actor by actor in Season 9. Amanda it appears may be taking the first and maybe fatal character revision on the show. I was really excited for her return in Season 9 but sadly TPTB's efforts to give Cam legitimacy, did so at the expense of reducing Sam's significant offworld experience and leadership. Don't misunderstand, I am not blaming RDA. I'm just examining if his leaving was the point of ending the series like Tom Selleck did for Magnum P.I.?? In retrospect, to me Season 8 is where the SG-1 series finale should have occurred. A respectful and heartfelt farewell to the SG-1 team. An opportunity to leave with respect and dignity after defeating the Goa'uld. I'd rather that the series end intelligently than to do so this way.
          Just MHO.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
            We're on page 999! We're soo close! We can do it!

yes we can

just 20 odd posts to go

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
              Love these, tsaxlady! Sam looks so right in flight gear.

Just sayin'.
              And she was the *pilot* in these. Go Sam!

Coley--I'm sure none of us thought AT was whining about the situation. But thanks for making that clear. Great to hear that the convention was fun. Sounds like it may have come at a good time for AT.

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
                And Sam in a boonie! Nice!

Just sayin': PAGE 999, fyi.
                sam in a boonie is ALWAYS adorable

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                  Thanks for the info. How did people in the audience react? Shocked gasps? Boos & hisses against RCC?

Amanda was sort of telling it quite funny, made references to the golf and boys club meetings, getting a few laughs. The audience didn't know quite how to take it, though it wasn't an overwhelming positive yes when she asked if she should sign. I think everyone was just amazed.

However Amanda fairly quickly sidetracked everyone off the topic.

She mentioned again today that she hadn't signed yet, but in other answers implied that she was still a part of the show.

CG has a story to tell when she spoke to Amanda at the autograph session, she may tell if you ask her when she gets back to the States tomorrow!!

When I went up for my autograph she had just had to rush out to tend to Olivia and looked exhausted when she came back, so I didn't mention anything to her - it just wasn't an appropriate time.

She was wonderful and gracious to everyone over the whole weekend

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    oh yeah, solitudes is great.

you know, looking back, i think that eps was when jack began to totally trust and accept sam

up to that point, sure, she was a co-worker and good second in command...but she was just there

but, ship or not, that experience forged a bond between them that is unrivaled
                    I think Oneill looked at her differently after Emancipation. As bad as that ep was Carter showed her spirit and her hand to hand combat skill and I think Oneill respected that.
                    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                      We're on page 999! We're soo close! We can do it!

YES! With time to spare: Glad I stayed up a bit longer to see it. Pixie-ish Sam!

Just sayin'.
                      MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                      sigpic
                      Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                        Okay...how much of this is set in stone? Is there even the slightest chance that this whole ridiculous notion could be scrapped?

Is there a chance that Amanda also wants to know what the fanbase does in response to this news and that if strong enough that TPTB might realize that this is a horrific show ending idea and might reconsider their stance?

Great question. Can we do something to at least protest this move -- ask that she be on SG-1 full-time again as a lead? I can't believe I'm even typing this. I can't express how sad I feel about it.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                          LOL that's not Peter Williams - this is from behind the scene footage and that is a crew member in the background.
                          Hehe, I thought it was Denzel Washington. I must need glasses.
                          TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                            Amanda was on really great form throughout the con. She is comic genius and very down to earth.

I want to make it clear - very clear that what she said came accross as her giving us some facts she wasn't complaining or maoning she was making it into a joke - typical Amanda - but to me the fact that she mentioned it meant she felt something about it and kat, CG, 1speed and myself all came to that same conclusion.
                            Thanks for all of the info Coley and I am glad you all had a great time.

You and the others are not alone in your conclusions as there has been widespread outrage at the story and the shabby way in which AT has been treated - after 9 years of hauling a$$ for this show, and playing an integral part in keeping the show afloat so long, she deserves better than to find out the others (including one who had been in a paltry 6 1/2 episodes and another tha thad only been with the show for 1 year - not 9), had all been contacted but not her, and to have to approach cooper first, whether it be by phone or in person, is wholly unprofessional and cowardly on his part.

He obviously knew what was happening because he gave her an answer WHEN SHE asked - he's just as bad as the suits at sony/skiffy and mgm. Oh and the answer he gave - we don't know what to do with Carter - well her reaction of there must be a problem then is right on point. How the SHOWRUNNER (and I use the term loosely because the only place I see him running this show is downhill, fast) can make such an insipid excuse is beyond comprehension when this character has so much depth, so much integrity, so much loyalty, so much intelligence, so much competence, and so much background to work with - he's the one that should be sacked if he's so lame as to not be able to know what to do with one of the most important and integral members of the team, lame, lame, lame. It is stunning how, IMO, his reputation just continues to go further down into the gutter especially after that misguided blog entry by Mr. Levine at Sc-Fi in which he let it be known cooper was offended by the almost universal reaction to the dreck that is Crusade/Camelot and called the people at Gateworld mysoginistic - what a ____________.

I'm glad that people at the Con took the opportunity to tell her that no matter what she decides to do, or where she ends up, her fans will support her and I for one hope she leaves them to eat her dust as she takes off on a new, leading lady adventure.
                            Last edited by binkpmmc; 30 October 2005, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              i was wondering if htat was the story behind your name

loved that show even though i discovered it in the last or second to alst season

and it, like quantum leap and xena will go down as series with final episodes that the fans HATE

And it's another show that USA and SciFi killed after it went off CBS Crimetime
                              at Nighttime. Sorry still very bitter about that one too.

Comment

Theres your 1000. Does Osiris-Ra get a prize?
                                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Working...
                                X